Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There were only two sets of supporters that had an inkling today's score 'may' happen: City fans and Liverpool fans. The rest on this website need to start watching more football. Seriously. Watch more football!
I bet over 3.5 goals, Liverpool win and Liverpool and both teams to score 3 single bets. I’m gutted that it finished 3-0.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I don't think Liverpool had to do anything to score 1st half. City were giving them the ball all the time.

Great hit from AOC, 1st goal was offside.

Tie is over barring an 'orrible collapse. City likely to need 5 or even 6. Liverpool will probably score.
Yep, I agree with this. City did absolutely nothing in that game of note. They failed simple passes over and over, were completely braindead when defending (basically game Salah the freedom of the pitch).

Guardiola got some things wrong, but his players were awful as well. Jesus, Gundogan and Sane were atrocious.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
In my opinion

Mourinho is not the right man for Manchester United, neither is Guardiola. Klopp would have been the perfect match for Manchester United, his style of play suits your club perfectly.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
In my opinion

Mourinho is not the right man for Manchester United, neither is Guardiola. Klopp would have been the perfect match for Manchester United, his style of play suits your club perfectly.
Klopp is unproven at a top club and has to show how he can handle stars, but I'd agree that his style of football is very similar to that of United in their best years, albeit with far lesser individuals of course.

Ban

In my opinion

Style wise maybe, results wise not.

James Peril

There were only two sets of supporters that had an inkling today's score 'may' happen: City fans and Liverpool fans. The rest on this website need to start watching more football. Seriously. Watch more football!
Wow, arrogant - I would wait until the next tie finishes before gloating. 3-0 is huge, but Etihad with Aguero back and Salah out is another world.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Did anyone understand what point Klopp was trying to make in his post match press conference? It sounded like he's unhappy with their recovery time between games. City play Saturday too though, also in a derby game, so I don't understand what point he was trying to make...

cyberman

@Dumbstar
Nonsense! I called this perfectly :)
Only thing I got wrong was saying City would only have 2 shots on target. I think they didn't have any?

Theonas

Scout
In my opinion

There is a lot of merit to this. The closest thing to Fergie's United in 1999 is Klopp's Dortmund. Both were not particularly sophisticated in their positional game and ability to manage games but the level of intensity and pure hell they could unleash on opponents was something to behold. There is also the mentality part. Klopp loves his football a bit more direct as opposed to the Cruyff model. He also thinks pro active in the sense that being pinned back and forced to defend deep like tonight is something he criticizes which is very different to someone like Mourinho or Benitez who welcome it and feel it is a sign of control. Fergie was the same, his teams were pinned back and forced to defend deep but he always moaned about it and treated it as something to avoid rather than embrace which suggests it was more of a lack of quality on the ball than a grand plan.

That ship has sailed though as once you manage Liverpool, it simply is out of the question.

Theonas

Scout
Did anyone understand what point Klopp was trying to make in his post match press conference? It sounded like he's unhappy with their recovery time between games. City play Saturday too though, also in a derby game, so I don't understand what point he was trying to make...
Their game versus Everton was moved to lunchtime. He was complaining for two weeks now why couldn't they play at 15h instead. Too much whinging about nothing really.

Kharhaz

Supports
Liverpool
Trophies since arriving in England: 0
That is true, however, despite the trophies Mourinho has for United, who is the happier of the supporters? Or indeed, the players and managers themself?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't think Liverpool had to do anything to score 1st half. City were giving them the ball all the time.

Tie is over barring an 'orrible collapse. City likely to need 5 or even 6. Liverpool will probably score.
Yep, I agree with this. City did absolutely nothing in that game of note. They failed simple passes over and over, were completely braindead when defending (basically game Salah the freedom of the pitch).

Guardiola got some things wrong, but his players were awful as well. Jesus, Gundogan and Sane were atrocious.
You think City just decided to be shite.
Liverpool forced the errors because they were brave, didn't sit back and gave City no time on the ball. Something most teams in the league including us fail to do against City.

caid

I'm sceptical that you predicted a 3-0 win for liverpool tonight tbh. I'd say a lot thought liverpool were very capable of beating them and were well set up to make life difficult for them but I doubt anyone would've predicted a scoreline that one sided.
I expected to City to win over 2 legs tbh. I just thought the higher quality would drag them through. Wouldn't say its over anyway, if anyone is capable of losing 5-1 to City, Liverpool are a decent candidate (though your defence has looked better recently, which is a bit annoying).

Smithy_123

I haven't gone through the thread, but are people now wishing Klopp was our manager instead of Guardiola?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
You think City just decided to be shite.
Liverpool forced the errors because they were brave, didn't sit back and gave City no time on the ball. Something most teams in the league including us fail to do against City.
No that's not what I think at all. City made many mistakes on the ball under no pressure, misplacing simple passes, long passes into no man's land, passes out for a throw in.

Liverpool didn't sit back or play on the front foot; they had fantastic timing of when to sit back and when to press. There were many times City had time on the ball, but Liverpool were blocking passing lanes and marking spaces to prevent the danger men from receiving the ball.

I don't understand this obsession with characterizing the game into sitting back and not sitting back, top teams do both during the game and adapt to the situation. Liverpool had a good defensive shape in many parts and a good pressing shape in many parts.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
United fans would be happier if they had Klopp. In fact, I think that Klopp and United would have been the perfect fit.

Change my view.
Have always believed this. I'm not sure how anyone could seriously doubt we'd be in a worse position if we'd gotten Klopp when available and spent the same as under LVG/Jose.

Huge mistake by the board.

*and before it's claimed as knee jerk, posted on this absolutely years ago when he was actually available. Also have always hated Jose, so am a bit biased.

Ekeke

Style wise maybe, results wise not.
Because we'd be so unhappy with 2 less points with 1 game more played, with our offensive players playing their best football and being an entertaining team?

I think there would still be question marks like with Mourinho, but with the attacking style of football and his positive character instead of Mourinho's negative character, I think people would have found it easier to get behind Klopp.

edcunited1878

Have always believed this. I'm not sure how anyone could seriously doubt we'd be in a worse position if we'd gotten Klopp when available and spent the same as under LVG/Jose.

Huge mistake by the board.

*and before it's claimed as knee jerk, posted on this absolutely years ago when he was actually available. Also have always hated Jose, so am a bit biased.
Jurgen didn't want to go to United. He embraced the fact that Liverpool were in a total re-build and lower in the table with no pressure on them. It allowed him time

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
No manager in the league gets as much out of their squad as him. Instils complete self-belief, as well as in the tactics/philosophy. He can be cringey at times, but there's a lot to admire there.

Beachryan

Jurgen didn't want to go to United. He embraced the fact that Liverpool were in a total re-build and lower in the table with no pressure on them. It allowed him time
We could have given him the same. Not like we've often finished above Pool in the league since he came! (and I'd happily bet some cash on us not doing so this year)

Beachryan

No manager in the league gets as much out of their squad as him. Instils complete self-belief, as well as in the tactics/philosophy. He can be cringey at times, but there's a lot to admire there.
Dyche. ;)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can't remember who said it but it was revealed, Dortmund stopped us from speaking to him in 2014.
By the time his contract was up, LVG was already here.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

One has to give The Gurnin’ German his due tonight. He got his midfield to press high and attack the second-ball when Liverpool went forward and this stumped Pep like a question about human rights.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp is a huge believer, and you can easily see why players stand by him.
After the last game everybody and their dog were shouting our right flank gets exposed second time in a row with a pacy winger, Sane will shred/destroy/humiliate TAA. That TAA should be benched, suggesting Clyne (not played for a year) or Milner at RB.
What Klopp does? He trusts TAA, and the guy produces a great performance and keeping Sane calm though City played EVERY attack through Sane.
And, as it's an MU forum all in all, ask what would Mou do. Remember what happened to Shaw? Mkhi?

But it's fair to say this approach is what would probably deny him success in a club like Real. He'd be too soft for them.

Klopp tends to give his players a second or even third chance. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but sometimes it does wonders. More examples are Moreno (start of this season he was very good), Lovren, Karius, Ox, Gomez.
It does backfire sometimes, I do acknowledge that. But Klopp has a positive approach to things and people.

We are in a middle of an injury crisis though... Need at least a point on Saturday with key players rested. We're not in semis untill there's a paper in a ball with Liverpool written on it.

Rajma

Klopp is a huge believer, and you can easily see why players stand by him.
After the last game everybody and their dog were shouting our right flank gets exposed second time in a row with a pacy winger, Sane will shred/destroy/humiliate TAA. That TAA should be benched, suggesting Clyne (not played for a year) or Milner at RB.
What Klopp does? He trusts TAA, and the guy produces a great performance and keeping Sane calm though City played EVERY attack through Sane.
And, as it's an MU forum all in all, ask what would Mou do. Remember what happened to Shaw? Mkhi?

But it's fair to say this approach is what would probably deny him success in a club like Real. He'd be too soft for them.

Klopp tends to give his players a second or even third chance. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but sometimes it does wonders. More examples are Moreno (start of this season he was very good), Lovren, Karius, Ox, Gomez.
It does backfire sometimes, I do acknowledge that. But Klopp has a positive approach to things and people.

We are in a middle of an injury crisis though... Need at least a point on Saturday with key players rested. We're not in semis untill there's a paper in a ball with Liverpool written on it.
Did he have a choice with TAA though seeing as Gomez and Clyne both were out due to injuries? Who else he could have played instead of him?

Ban

Because we'd be so unhappy with 2 less points with 1 game more played, with our offensive players playing their best football and being an entertaining team?

I think there would still be question marks like with Mourinho, but with the attacking style of football and his positive character instead of Mourinho's negative character, I think people would have found it easier to get behind Klopp.
It's not about just this year's league positions but about tropheys and finals in general.

edcunited1878

We could have given him the same. Not like we've often finished above Pool in the league since he came! (and I'd happily bet some cash on us not doing so this year)
Again, that's hindsight. Given him time sure, but gotten the players he wanted. Keep DDG. Who the heck knows. But it's always fun and amusing seeing the reactions of all after results like tonight.

Jurgen has improved Liverpool every year since he's manager. I think we can all agree that United have improved since Jose took over as well with a couple trophies in tow. United have glaring weaknesses as well, which Jose obviously knows and should address.

But tonight, Jurgen has Pep and City on the canvas very deep in the 10 count. Let's see what happens over the weekend and next week.

AR87

Mkhi got more chances than he deserved before being benched and eventually binned off. This idea Mourinho doesn't trust players is ridiculous. Every manager has players he trusts or will give more opportunities to come good more than others. Mourinho constantly selected Rashford last year even when he was out of form, for example.

RedMane

Supports
Liverpool
Love how you come to a United forum to post when your team has just had one of its best European nights.. and the game didn't even involve United.

Totally obsessed :lol:
Only those teams can get involved which reach the next stage, we did our part your team couldn't do their part. Now all you can do is create thread about a match played between two rivals of yours and complain about fans of those teams posting in it. Come on man, I don't want you to say if Liverpool was good or city was bad but fans deserve to enjoy the win. Also the poster is right in his accessing , lot of Man Utd fans were saying or more like praying at half time, for Liverpool to concede 4.

RedMane

Supports
Liverpool
I can't remember who said it but it was revealed, Dortmund stopped us from speaking to him in 2014.
By the time his contract was up, LVG was already here.
I think the story goes something like this, that Klopp was close to SAF but rejected United due to different reasons in multiple occasions, once due to timing being right(him being not ready for the job) and once because he didn't like the pitch of Ed because he sell Man Utd as Disneyland of adult. Which sounds reasonable considering Klopp is football man, he is fan before a manager and Ed is more a business man than a fan. I am sure if Ed had sold him dreams, emotions, football and history, he would have signed but I am glad he signed for us.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Nonsense, there is far more pressure to win the league here than at Liverpool.

Roeindo

Liverpool should get credit for the way they played lastnight. They played pressing game that made City player uncomfortable.

To say the did nothing to score was absolutely bullshit.

cyberman

Jose was here 1 year and already overtook Klopp in the league with a chance to add three trophies to the cabinet.
I don't think Klopp would fair well in a club that gets criticised on a night they haven't even played on. The pressure here is huge.
I never want us to lose that winning mentality. Liverpool feel a little Arsenal lite in that respect.
He could finish 7, 4 and 4 with Liverpool. Thats not really good enough imo.

podurban2

Not worried in the slightest about Liverpool in the semis. The other three teams are on a different level all together. Liverpool are just very suited to play against City, good on them.

el3mel

I'm not going to talk about his style of play but the guy didn't want to come here and said that multiple time. I'm not going to droll over or lose any sleep over a manager who didn't want to be here.