Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Not worried in the slightest about Liverpool in the semis. The other three teams are on a different level all together. Liverpool are just very suited to play against City, good on them.
City are the only team that are naive enough to play into Liverpool's hands. Bayern, Barca and Madrid are all vastly experienced and manage games much better.

This is basically a repeat of every year in the CL post-Barcelona for Guardiola. Leave your defenders 1v1 against world class attackers on the half way line. Every turnover of possession rings an alarm bell in defenders' heads and they inevitably get destroyed. World class defenders like Puyol and Boateng have been made to look like fools because they are left out to dry by the tactics, so someone like Laporte looks like a pub player when left 1v1 vs Salah.

Raru9

If Liverpool make TOP 4 and semis of CL i believe that is a really good season. Sure, is there some disapoinment for the FA Cup and Carling, but granted to be in next Champions League and make semis after ¿9 years? is really a good season.

mav_9me

I see the similarities in terms of the all out counter attack of our 90s and early 2000s team and this Liverpool team. But 2 things.

1. We got found out in CL for the most part. Albeit we did not press like Liverpool, so maybe that difference will help Liverpool do better in the next stage and other stages in Europe.

2. We did better once we got Queiroz and played a more European cagey game.

RedCurry

There were only two sets of supporters that had an inkling today's score 'may' happen: City fans and Liverpool fans. The rest on this website need to start watching more football. Seriously. Watch more football!
I watch enough Liverpool and city games. Probably more than many of their fans. I even told one of my Liverpool supporting buddies that Liverpool might even score 5 in the home leg.

But if you had an “inkling” that Liverpool could keep a clean sheet against city, you are the one who has to watch more football. Seriously.

montpelier

Liverpool should get credit for the way they played lastnight. They played pressing game that made City player uncomfortable.

To say the did nothing to score was absolutely bullshit.
City didn't have a shot 1st half & made a load of unforced errors. I said LFC played the turnovers well & the AOC goal was unstoppable. I'm always saying LFC have dangerous forwards & should get more respect as a team than they do on here.

Thanks for your completely worthless bellend-tastic summary of my point of view.

caid

No manager in the league gets as much out of their squad as him. Instils complete self-belief, as well as in the tactics/philosophy. He can be cringey at times, but there's a lot to admire there.
Would he get the same work rate and performances from a team like PSG though? Hes done brilliantly with decent players but I don't know that it would transfer automatically to a higher tier of player.

automaticflare

The way city play is perfect foil for Klopp a Liverpool
I bet Klopp was happy they got city instead of a more structured disciplined side than say Bayern or Juve who I think would have been more difficult times for liverpools style.
It is probably the draw pep least wanted aloe.

But still a great result at home and I expect them to go through now as I think they will grab a goal at city.

Ekeke

It's not about just this year's league positions but about tropheys and finals in general.
Okay fair enough. It wouldnt change things for me too much, but I do agree that for other people that might be a big deal

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Depsise the result and the fact that Liverpool are in the semis but Klopp has done brilliantly to hammer a record breaking City side. They have a good team but there's a gulf between the defence and midfield of the two teams but Klopps tactics completely render that meaningless.

Hopefully they get smashed in the semis because Im definitely not watching the final if they make. Ew, what a horrible thought.

amolbhatia50k

Because we'd be so unhappy with 2 less points with 1 game more played, with our offensive players playing their best football and being an entertaining team?

I think there would still be question marks like with Mourinho, but with the attacking style of football and his positive character instead of Mourinho's negative character, I think people would have found it easier to get behind Klopp.
I'd rather be 3rd/4th and in the CL semis anyday. Especially playing that kind of football.

The question make on Klopp is the defence alone. Otherwise the progress and direction he has shown at Liverpool is much better than what Jose has done at United. I'm just clinging on to the defensive ropeyness being some sort of inherent flaw.

montpelier

OK, I've got a question.

Who do you think had the ''attacking press in the opponents half'' on the most tonight?

Liverpool in the 1st half or City in the 2nd half?

This Liverpool performance is getting mythologized more as an attacking masterclass on here than it is on RAWK, ffs.

Of course LFC deserved to win & 3-0 was probably about right, but we're going on like LFC were the reincarnation of Brazil at WC 1982.

Womp

idiot
I said it on the caf a while back, his teams are capable of playing the best football in the World, even better than Pep imo. You give Klopp this City squad and I think he'd do just as good, if not better.

That being said, his teams have gained somewhat of a notoriety for buckling when the pressure is on, failing in finals etc. It's something he has to rectify, doesn't matter how good your teams are, if you're not converting them into trophies it's baseless.

Also there was question marks over his teams burning out and whether or not they could maintain his style all season long, but so far they seem to be doing well, so maybe that isn't an issue anymore.

amolbhatia50k

OK, I've got a question.

Who do you think had the ''attacking press in the opponents half'' on the most tonight?

This Liverpool performance is getting mythologized more as an attacking masterclass on here than it is on RAWK, ffs.

Of course LFC deserved to win & 3-0 was probably about right, but we're going on like LFC were the reincarnation of Brazil at WC 1982.
Probably has to do with this Liverpool team apparently deserving to win 3-0 against a record breaking City and possibly making it to the CL semis. Miserable night, really, but it is an exceptional result for them.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I said it on the caf a while back, his teams are capable of playing the best football in the World, even better than Pep imo. You give Klopp this City squad and I think he'd do just as good, if not better.

That being said, his teams have gained somewhat of a notoriety for buckling when the pressure is on, failing in finals etc. It's something he has to rectify, doesn't matter how good your teams are, if you're not converting them into trophies it's baseless.

Also there was question marks over his teams burning out and whether or not they could maintain his style all season long, but so far they seem to be doing well, so maybe that isn't an issue anymore.
There's quite a few here who share that sentiment.

montpelier

Probably has to do with this Liverpool team apparently deserving to win 3-0 against a record breaking City and possibly making it to the CL semis. Miserable night, really, but it is an exceptional result for them.
Yes, that's hit the nail on the head I think, tbf.

LoneStar

Fair play to Klopp for yesterday. When I looked at the lineup and saw Liverpool's midfield, I thought they were done for. But they just completely schooled City. The first half was a brilliant attacking performance.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid

I'm also curious to see how would he do in a team with more resources, if he was in front of Real Madrid or Manchester City he could sign as many players as he wanted so it wouldn't be that much of an issue to keep them fresh if he was able to rotate a squad full of world class players. I also think the football his team develop is the most attractive (or at least the style I prefer) despite the media always wanking about how only Guardiola teams play the pinnacle of beautiful football.

Listar

I don't agree with your last sentence. There is a reason why they are behind us in the league. Because klopp, on his experience last year, acknowledged that his team WILL burn out, hence chop and change midway through (dec ish?) and then points were lost. Sure, they did not suffer burnt out now but it was not without a price.

TheReligion

Abusive
Only those teams can get involved which reach the next stage, we did our part your team couldn't do their part. Now all you can do is create thread about a match played between two rivals of yours and complain about fans of those teams posting in it. Come on man, I don't want you to say if Liverpool was good or city was bad but fans deserve to enjoy the win. Also the poster is right in his accessing , lot of Man Utd fans were saying or more like praying at half time, for Liverpool to concede 4.
This is a thread about Jürgen Klopp. It's not been created about the match and has been on the Caf since he took over the managers role at Liverpool.

Like I said, enjoy the win but this obsession with United is pathetic.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I haven't gone through the thread, but are people now wishing Klopp was our manager instead of Guardiola?
Nah, I've always preferred Pep but both would be brilliant here. A progressive manager with our budget? Oomph. Hopefully our 4th appointment after Sir Alex will be just that.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
One thing I was thinking regarding the 3rd goal, Gundogan would've ran into the challenge from Milner, rather than back off, if he was in Klopp's Dortmund. He just get that's 10% extra from his players in terms of energy and determination.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nah, I've always preferred Pep but both would be brilliant here. A progressive manager with our budget? Oomph. Hopefully our 4th appointment after Sir Alex will be just that.
A progressive manager wtf is that? And with our budget is laughable thing to say, have you not noticed Klopp buying a £75m defender or Pep spunking nearly half a billion? Klopp and Pep have like Jose had plenty to spend.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Our anti-football 0-0 at Anfield ain't looking so bad now. Who is the tactical genius now?
Weird way to try and score points. Seems to me the tactical genius is either Pep for dominating the league the way they have or Klopp for hammering Pep's City side twice in a row. Not sure how Jose fits in here just because he managed a nil nil.

Does that mean the manager of any other side that's gotten a result against Liverpool is a tactical genius too?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There were only two sets of supporters that had an inkling today's score 'may' happen: City fans and Liverpool fans. The rest on this website need to start watching more football. Seriously. Watch more football!
:lol:

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
United fans would be happier if they had Klopp. In fact, I think that Klopp and United would have been the perfect fit.

Change my view.
I would hate to lose the games he has lost.

Chiken138

Supports
FC Bayern München
The thing is Guardiola and Mourinho spend 1 Billion on players, and both are playing Fifa. Where Klopp always lose his best players ( Coutinho) . He is a Coach who improves his players

R o o K

You know whats funny about the thread title? Liverpool played long balls all night long.

Shark

@NotShark
The thing is Guardiola and Mourinho spend 1 Billion on players, and both are playing Fifa. Where Klopp always lose his best players ( Coutinho) . He is a Coach who improves his players
You can only get away with losing your best players for so long, just look over at what's happened to Wenger and Arsenal. That's exactly why I don't think Klopp would suit United as much as people think. He's a manager that thrives in underdog environments, and has still yet to win a trophy in England.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
OK, I've got a question.

No one is going on like that. We were all cacking our briefs the whole of that second half. Klopp included and he said as much in the post match interview.

Rajma

You can only get away with losing your best players for so long, just look over at what's happened to Wenger and Arsenal. That's exactly why I don't think Klopp would suit United as much as people think. He's a manager that thrives in underdog environments, and has still yet to win a trophy in England.
To be fair, isn't it something at what Jose excelled himself being in underdog environments (Chelsea, Inter, Porto)? He tried bringing that underdog mentality to Madrid - didn't go down to well for him, now he looks into doing the same with us.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
That's a very simple opinion. Both Guardiola and Mourinho inherited players they've improved. Of course they've also added new players to their squads but that's very much part of the job description.

cyberman

I love the cherry picking here.
Lets play like Liverpool and be brave. A side who got mauled away to Spurs, City, threw away a 2 goal lead against Arsenal by conceding 3 in 5 minutes and were completely shut down v Utd with no shots on target after the 35th minute. Couldn't touch us at home and were dominated by Spurs for the entire second half at Anfield.
Gotta be brave..nobody would complain!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Lets play like Liverpool and be brave. A side who got mauled away to Spurs, City, threw away a 2 goal lead against Arsenal by conceding 3 in 5 minutes and were completely shut down v Utd with no shots on target after the 35th minute. Couldn't touch us at home and were dominated by Spurs for the entire second half at Anfield.
Great Post. Just waiting for the queue of posters saying "Yes but Sevilla" .

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
The thing is that they still manage to be league wise pretty much on the same level as you lot with a midfield composed of superstars Milner, Henderson and Ox and a defence of a 19 yo right back, a walking disaster of a center back, a former Championship player as their left back and two goalkeepers who are miles away from DDG. In addition to that they proved that they can smash any team on the planet (also losing to any team too tbf) while playing ultra attacking football. I don't necessarily say that I'd agree with them but it is certainly reasonable to think that a team with better individuals like you lot might be able to do better than Liverpool when they are playing the same kind of football.

Rajma

The thing is that they still manage to be league wise pretty much on the same level as you lot with a midfield composed of superstars Milner, Henderson and Ox and a defence of a 19 yo right back, a walking disaster of a center back, a former Championship player as their left back and two goalkeepers who are miles away from DDG. In addition to that they proved that they can smash any team on the planet (also losing to any team too tbf) while playing ultra attacking football. I don't necessarily say that I'd agree with them but it is certainly reasonable to think that a team with better individuals like you lot might be able to do better than Liverpool when they are playing the same kind of football.
That's what people forget, overall their squad is a big pile of shit as they operate on a much smaller budget to United. It's incredible what they're doing given what it is at their disposal imo. It normally takes an opposition fan to rationalise the situation on here.

Not sure the need for people to downplay Klopp work so far down the road, does that make people feel better about Jose? He's still a monumental cnut though for his over the board theatrics and hypocrisy on show.