Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

gica_7

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...h-attack-on-completely-stupid-jordan-pickford
Managers aren't allowed to talk about referees are they? Shouldn't that be a fine or a ban?

Also, the bit about the players having sleepless nights is ludicrous.
He is making this statement in a UEFA press conference so I doubt it might have consequences.

And yes, that sleepless nights thing is stupid. They are pretending like this is the first time such injury is happening and the reaction is ridiculous. Liverpool had an incredible luck over the last 2-3 years in terms of injuries. One day it was going to end. It was always going to end.

Glorio

Roy Keane outs himself Ole's secret agent for mind games. Has always backed Ole in the toughest of times, and Ole himself says they still chat regularly.
Well, what do you know? Seems he's gone and gotten inside Klopp's head. :lol:
Next targets - Pep, Lampard, and yes Ancelotti.

Ancelotti though, comes across as a very genuine guy. Like your favourite uncle, or the affable middle aged guy at the chippy down the road that you just feel a weird paternal connection to! Even when he used to dump us out of the Champions League with Milan, never came across as someone you'd instinctively dislike.

I digress - back to Klopp: doesn't seem a very nice guy when things aren't going well, does he? The mask just disappears

JohnnyKills

Roy Keane outs himself Ole's secret agent for mind games. Has always backed Ole in the toughest of times, and Ole himself says they still chat regularly.
Well, what do you know? Seems he's gone and gotten inside Klopp's head. :lol:
Next targets - Pep, Lampard, and yes Ancelotti.

Ancelotti though, comes across as a very genuine guy. Like your favourite uncle, or the affable middle aged guy at the chippy down the road that you just feel a weird paternal connection to! Even when he used to dump us out of the Champions League with Milan, never came across as someone you'd instinctively dislike.

I digress - back to Klopp: doesn't seem a very nice guy when things aren't going well, does he? The mask just disappears
Agree. He plays the media for fools and they just lap it up.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

How some people get to be sports journalists I'll never know.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wonder how long it will be until the press start reporting his sulky, moaning, “the world is against us” behaviour in the same way they report other managers who are constantly moaning and coming up with excuses? It’s really not charming any more.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Apparently being linked to Koulibaily.

If he does buy players like this and thiago more and more - this is when I personally see him and Liverpool start to struggle.

He is really good at getting that extra bit of effort and quality from players that weren't as highly rated - he brings that high rating from playing for them most of the time due to his style of football.

The extra pressure of getting the best out of players that are already deemed top/world class will work at times and sometimes it wont work because these players need to play to their advantages.

As good as Thiago is for example - I dont see him playing like Henderson, Widjnaldum, Milner, Keita etc whilst that extra ability of a player in Thiago brings something different to Liverpool; it will also take something away, something that had been working already.

I saw this happening at Dortmund under Klopp as well. When people viewed them as a growing team from the ground, he was doing well but as they grew in to a well known team and needed to show that level, he was competitive but struggling compared to what he had showed before.

Liverpool are a CL and PL winning team now, he needs to change it up to scare and shock it up and I think this is when things will start changing for them.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Napoli aren't the easiest team to get players from. I dont see them getting Koulibaly unless they offer big money.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Any other manager and this is a fine and a warning. Different set of rules for media and ref darling Klopp.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
The real table to me is Liverpool 1st with 13 and Man City 2nd with 8.

Unfortunately its Liverpool looking to win it again unless City signs Pele in January or something

padr81

Supports
Man City

Unfortunately its Liverpool looking to win it again unless City signs Pele in January or something
City have a game in hand and Liverpool at home in a couple of weeks. Both teams have been poor so far. Liverpool better at grinding results but it's a case of who clicks first.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
City have a game in hand and Liverpool at home in a couple of weeks. Both teams have been poor so far. Liverpool better at grinding results but it's a case of who clicks first.
I know.

I'm just saying, the other teams at the top look like pigs on top of the tree. You have no idea how they got there but you know they will go down.

When the dust is settled its obvious its gonna be Pool vs City again, and people are not seeing it.. Thats why I dont get people celebrating City losing

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
I know.

I'm just saying, the other teams at the top look like pigs on top of the tree. You have no idea how they got there but you know they will go down.

When the dust is settled its obvious its gonna be Pool vs City again, and people are not seeing it.. Thats why I dont get people celebrating City losing
Because it’s a Manchester United forum and, five or so games in, you’d be pretty dull if your entire football viewpoint was through an anti-Liverpool prism.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I know.

Never seen that expression before. Awesome! :lol:

The_Midfielder

It is not that straightforward this year.. you could see 5-6 first team players missing for weeks due to covid protocols...

el3mel

Talks a lot about marriage and wives recently in his references. Has he read about them in a book and found it funny so decided to use it all the time or something ?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

Talks a lot about marriage and wives recently in his references. Has he read about them in a book and found it funny so decided to use it all the time or something ?
You're saying his marriage is in trouble? It's all coming apart at the seams.

Wilkohler

Supports
Union Berlin
He made such references to marriage when Hummels was injured for Dortmund back in the day

cyberman

Klopp is a dick but he destroyed the shill Shreeves on this. I agree with every word

BFernandes

For all his twattery, Klopp is spot on. Broadcasters are a massive issue in all of this, probably the biggest issue.

They could have encouraged to have had meaningless international friendies scrapped. Is the League Cup really wanted by ANY club this season with the already congested fixture list? Don't even get me started on the schedule of teams playing on Wednesday playing on Saturday, and teams playing on Tuesday not playing until Sunday. Happened to us against Everton and I'm astounded how this is happening.

We all saw the broadcasters message when there were rumours about clubs wanting to boycott towards the end of last season. They wanted 100% of their money given back to them by clubs even though the season had been 3/4 completed. They've no concern for the welfare of players, their sole concern is upholding as many contracts as possible to bring in as much money as they can.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree totally with what he said. I hope more managers come out and say similar stuff and force Sky and BT to pull their sticks out of their posterior.

Also, hope some of our fans who were having a go at Ole for calling out the scheduling after the Everton game see some sense.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
I like how Sky censored it on their programme, haven't put it up anywhere and are now copyright striking videos other people have made of it.

If I was Klopp i'd refuse to talk about anything else in the post-match interview and let Sky explain why there's no footage, going forward.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Hmmm, I'm ironically not sure if I fully agree with Klopp here. Our match was moved to Sunday 7.15pm after the internationals thus giving our Brazilian contingent, specially Fabinho, more time to be ready. Next game is Wed and then Sat morning, which is the only game we have a problem with, would have preferred the evening or Sunday lunch time.

But the schedule after Brighton is as evenly laid out as it possibly can be with the number of games to fit in.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
A mirror for you. He basically lays into broadcasters for choosing unmanageable time slots. He says the same as Ole - how can players expect to play on Wednesday and Saturday 12:30.
I doubt anyone could say it much better. It's about time that managers started speaking out on this. I know Ole has in the past as well. The broadcasters have never cared about the players or the match-going fans and something has to change!

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
A mirror for you. He basically lays into broadcasters for choosing unmanageable time slots. He says the same as Ole - how can players expect to play on Wednesday and Saturday 12:30.
Fair play to him. Can't argue with his position.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
That's pretty well and calmly explained, actually, for something he is obviously REALLY pissed off about. Maybe we should have a thread where we put these together (also Pep's point about having 5 subs and Ole's rant post-Everton), so people will stop saying it's one manager trying to get the best for his own team each time.