Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
5 away games without a win.
It would seem more damning if we say that they haven't won any away game since GW2.

They also havent managed to win 2 on the trot since October

ash_86

Some of his recent decision making has been wank. He does have credit in the bank to give him the the benifit of doubt but needs to turn it around quickly.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It would seem more damning if we say that they haven't won any away game since GW2.

They also havent managed to win 2 on the trot since October
And we're still joint top of the league, damn.

Jonno

He’s slowly running them into the ground just like he did over at Dortmund

1 style of football. Press like dogs, hit long diagonals.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, I know you're 2nd on GD, but just pointing out how terrible the league has been this season
Yeah agree with that - not unexpected though given the circumstances and surrounding factors imo. Liverpool certainly has been a lot worse than last season, especially away from home. Injuries haven’t helped but the general play just has been subpar, certainlu compared to pre-corona times.

Falcow

Yeah agree with that - not unexpected though given the circumstances and surrounding factors imo. Liverpool certainly has been a lot worse than last season, especially away from home. Injuries haven’t helped but the general play just has been subpar, certainlu compared to pre-corona times.
That seemed to be the case since after lockdown alright which was before all the injuries, why the dip in form since do you think?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That seemed to be the case since after lockdown alright which was before all the injuries, why the dip in form since do you think?
Dunno, really no idea. We had the title pretty much locked up since New Year so motivation might've been gone a bit, or they needed some time to click again after the lockdown. I think it was still quite good until we won the title (or at least the Palace game at home I think), after that it was pretty average but not unexpected once they didn't have anything to play for anymore.

This season we've been really good in some games (Leicester and Atalanta come to mind) but also very bad, or simply lethargic, in others. With the little rest, lot of injuries, ... I don't think it's that surprising. We've been on a high the last two seasons, it's bound to go down sometime (just look at City right now too). Not quite willing to say that we're already over our peak but maybe Klopp needs to change things up again a bit. Hopefully the return of players like Oxlade-Chamberlain and (especially) Thiago will help too. Jota being out for 6-8 weeks is another setback we could've really done without.

I think it's gonna be up and down for the entirety of the season, we'll certainly not walk to the title like we did last season.

Jonno

No team in the league has more points than us. I’ll take that right now given how poor we’ve been in several games, yes.
Jose’s Spurs are better than you, as the Premier League suggests.

No team had more points than United in 2012, but we finished 2nd, fair and square. Just let go mate, you’re 2nd

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He’s slowly running them into the ground just like he did over at Dortmund

1 style of football. Press like dogs, hit long diagonals.
I hear this myth every time we have a bad result under Klopp. We were rubbish today but we finished top of our CL group and we’re still in a very good league position. We’re keeping pace despite the injury problems and we’re not playing badly every week. We beat Wolves and Leicester comfortably recently.

Away from home we’re massively out of sorts which is an issue but considering how everyone else looks I think we’ll be in the conversation for the title at the end of the season.

It‘s hard to get an idea of who the favourites are currently. Right now there’s several clubs who can win it.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Jose’s Spurs are better than you, as the Premier League suggests.

No team had more points than United in 2012, but we finished 2nd, fair and square. Just let go mate, you’re 2nd
I think they’re a Kane or Son injury away from struggling.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Some of his recent decision making has been wank. He does have credit in the bank to give him the the benifit of doubt but needs to turn it around quickly.
Again this confuses me. We’re not in a bad position are we?

Jonno

I think they’re a Kane or Son injury away from struggling.
Just like you’re a Mane & Salah injury away from struggling.... Your defence was poor before you lost Gomez and VVD, if anything your defence has improved since funnily enough. If you lost Salah or Mane for a prolonged period, I think you’d be struggling for points more than reshuffling your defence ....

For all your moaning about injuries, your XI today was not Far off full strength

And if Klopp is so bothered about scheduling, fatigue and injuries, why play Salah and Jota in an insignificant game only to lose Jota to injury and then be forced to sub an exhausted Salah for Origi when chasing a winning goal :lol:

Jonno

Again this confuses me. We’re not in a bad position are we?
You should be about 8-9 points clear, though. But you’re not, because you’re nowhere near the force you were last season. Before your injuries started, you shipped 7 goals to Aston Villa so you can’t blame it on injuries, big clubs have resources to have big squads.

Its just quite funny because I always thought it was sheer aggression, insane fitness levels and an Unsustainable style long term that drove you to two title races, but my Scouse mates wouldnt hear it. They thought Klopp had re-invented the wheel.

Long ball dogged pressers.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You should be about 8-9 points clear, though. You’re nowhere near the force you were last season. Before your injuries started, you shipped 7 goals to Aston Villa.
You can’t have it both ways mate. Either we’re not the force we are last season and we are where we deserve to be, or we’re still easily the best team in the league and should be 8-9 points clear.

Most of your posts in here barely make any sense but I sense an underlying hatred for Klopp and/or Liverpool in every one of them so not that surprising.

Jonno

You can’t have it both ways mate. Either we’re not the force we are last season and we are where we deserve to be, or we’re still easily the best team in the league and should be 8-9 points clear.

Most of your posts in here barely make any sense but I sense an underlying hatred for Klopp and/or Liverpool in every one of them so not that surprising.
You’re not as good as last season BECAUSE this season you’re 2nd in the league :lol: There’s no both ways about it, mate.

I don’t particularly like Klopp, I respect his career, but I don’t like The classless attitude he has when things go wrong for him. Some of his interviews blaming length of grass, time of kick off, weather, etc, Des Kelly, must make you cringe as a Liverpool fan

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Just like you’re a Mane & Salah injury away from struggling.... Your defence was poor before you lost Gomez and VVD, if anything your defence has improved since funnily enough. If you lost Salah or Mane for a prolonged period, I think you’d be struggling for points more than reshuffling your defence ....

For all your moaning about injuries, your XI today was not Far off full strength

And if Klopp is so bothered about scheduling, fatigue and injuries, why play Salah and Jota in an insignificant game only to lose Jota to injury and then be forced to sub an exhausted Salah for Origi when chasing a winning goal :lol:
Our starting XI today was strong but our squad has been depleted for a while now. That’s why we’re struggling imo, shortage of options.

It was weird for Klopp to play Salah but Jota didn’t play against Wolves (or didn’t start). Seemed reasonable to play him mid week.
You should be about 8-9 points clear, though. But you’re not, because you’re nowhere near the force you were last season. Before your injuries started, you shipped 7 goals to Aston Villa so you can’t blame it on injuries, big clubs have resources to have big squads.

Its just quite funny because I always thought it was sheer aggression, insane fitness levels and an Unsustainable style long term that drove you to two title races, but my Scouse mates wouldnt hear it. They thought Klopp had re-invented the wheel.

Long ball dogged pressers.
But we’re in the title conversation again this season and most likely will be at the end of it. You can’t deny that Klopp has built a winning formula. It won’t last forever but what Klopp has had us doing is working and continues to do so. We also create plenty during games so we’re obviously not just dogged long ball pressers. We do try it too often though. Does my head in. Teams know how to defend it.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
I watched the first half today. It seems that since the drubbing by Aston Villa, smaller teams are attacking and pressing Liverpool more and more. With the confidence that they can get something. That was not the case last season imo where teams just sat back and Liverpool just overloaded the opponent box. Not much change in overall play though, last season they were shite too in lots of games but won somehow. The fear factor seems to be gone this season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Our starting XI today was strong but our squad has been depleted for a while now. That’s why we’re struggling imo, shortage of options.

It was weird for Klopp to play Salah but Jota didn’t play against Wolves (or didn’t start). Seemed reasonable to play him mid week.

But we’re in the title conversation again this season and most likely will be at the end of it. You can’t deny that Klopp has built a winning formula. It won’t last forever but what Klopp has had us doing is working and continues to do so. We also create plenty during games so we’re obviously not just dogged long ball pressers. We do try it too often though. Does my head in. Teams know how to defend it.
The thing I think some of our more rabid fans miss is that you're still joint top even with things adding up against you.

However, that Jota injury is significant. Mane hasn't been his usual level this season, Firmy seems to have given up on any idea of scoring and now you have Origi and Minimino as your stand in cast again.
Right before the Christmas/New Year madness where you'll not be able to have your main 3 play every game.

What is in your favour this year is that City look a real poor version of their last 5 years and your main rival is a team synonymous with bottling.
One injury to Kane or Son and they drop off a cliff.

And no i don't buy all this nonsense of it all being open and "anyone's".

Josh 76

I hear this myth every time we have a bad result under Klopp. We were rubbish today but we finished top of our CL group and we’re still in a very good league position. We’re keeping pace despite the injury problems and we’re not playing badly every week. We beat Wolves and Leicester comfortably recently.

Away from home we’re massively out of sorts which is an issue but considering how everyone else looks I think we’ll be in the conversation for the title at the end of the season.

It‘s hard to get an idea of who the favourites are currently. Right now there’s several clubs who can win it.
Liverpool are favourites because everyone else hasn't got the consistency. You hardly lose matches that count. It's only been a quarter of the season. Let's see where everyone is at the halfway point. Wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool are 7 or 8 points clear by then.

But it could change if City and Spurs add to their Squads in January. I would say Utd too, but it's the hope that kills you.

DavidDeSchmikes

You what?!
tbf this is the actual quote
It was the first time supporters were here for a long, long time and obviously [they] created an atmosphere. We helped Fulham a lot to create that atmosphere, actually. They obviously played differently to the way they usually play; a lot of direct balls, Loftus-Cheek second ball, high ball fight and these kind of things. A lot of free-kicks – I think there were a lot of set-pieces in the first half.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Waaait a minute, is Klopp accusing an opposition side of resorting to long ball football, whilst choosing to ignore his own sides borderline sexual tendency for long ballery?

He's come out with some tripe in his time as Lord of the Scouse, but this one takes the biscuit. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

DavidDeSchmikes

Waaait a minute, is Klopp accusing an opposition side of resorting to long ball football, whilst choosing to ignore his own sides borderline sexual tendency for long ballery?

He's come out with some tripe in his time as Lord of the Scouse, but this one takes the biscuit. Hypocrisy of the highest order.
Actual quote
It was the first time supporters were here for a long, long time and obviously [they] created an atmosphere. We helped Fulham a lot to create that atmosphere, actually. They obviously played differently to the way they usually play; a lot of direct balls, Loftus-Cheek second ball, high ball fight and these kind of things. A lot of free-kicks – I think there were a lot of set-pieces in the first half.