Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
A mirror for you. He basically lays into broadcasters for choosing unmanageable time slots. He says the same as Ole - how can players expect to play on Wednesday and Saturday 12:30.
I've never seen him like this, he was absolutely livid. What did people think? He had some valid points but it seems like he's cracked - the pressure is telling.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
I've never seen him like this, he was absolutely livid. What did people think? He had some valid points but it seems like he's cracked - the pressure is telling.
:lol:

I like how the sky reporter says it`s good to have a discussion on it and then they censor the video everywhere they can.

Godfather

A mirror for you. He basically lays into broadcasters for choosing unmanageable time slots. He says the same as Ole - how can players expect to play on Wednesday and Saturday 12:30.
The relevant part starts at 03:30 if you want to skip the wanking over their performance.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
If Klopp wants to complain about the broadcasters and fixtures, he should speak to the owners of Liverpool. It's all about the money, league is playing the crazy schedule this season because of the TV money... Clubs don't want take the income hit so they play all games in season 4 weeks shorter with no break in it.

Not Sky and BTs fault for trying to get value from the billions paid for the TV rights, if clubs give them some money back then there could be less games shown and a better schedule for the players.

Klopp lost two players to bad knee injuries within a couple of weeks, that is where this is coming from. He's aiming at the wrong people though.

Should have allowed 5 subs this season and clubs should play U23 squads in the cups. International friendlies and dead rubbers could just have been with B players who weren't playing minutes anyway. Then you've just got league and CL for the big teams and it's much more doable.

Ludens the Red

Fair play to him. He is a man of principle. Itd be so easy for him not to say anything. The injuries have barely affected them (unlike with Pep and Ole whos teams are struggling) they still look unstoppable and yet he’s still making this point.
I was against five subs but the bit that made most sense was that it gives you the option to make subs earlier and leaves you less worrying about making the three subs then ending with 10/9 men.

redshaw

I agree with Klopp, with covid you have to adapt and that means the television contracts as well.

The nations league too, we've had 6 internationals already, 3 games crammed in a piece I think.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He Pep and ole have been saying the same thing all season. There won’t be players left by the end of the season.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Interviewer: “... but there are (TV) contracts”
Klopp: “If I hear contracts one more time I’ll go nuts”
:lol:

ShoePolish

Speaks truth though. No christmas break until last season, and the one introduced, basically, is crap. Players dropping like flies, and broadcasters still have their priorities wrong, which only contributes to it.

Intheflatfield

Supports
The mighty Red Devils
25 - 11 = 14, that's 14 additional players. Rotate and manage, that's your job. No sympathy from me I'm afraid. These footballers need to live in the real world. Jesus, poor them, taking £100K p/w to run around, life must be tough. Bollocks!

Trezeguet17

Jesus, poor them, taking £100K p/w to run around, life must be tough. Bollocks!
And theres the knockout argument i was waiting for the whole time.
Like everyone knows, being rich gives you hamstrings and knees of iron which are invulnerable

Intheflatfield

Supports
The mighty Red Devils
And theres the knockout argument i was waiting for the whole time.
Like everyone knows, being rich gives you hamstrings and knees of iron which are invulnerable
Put it this way - would you swap, say for 6 months, your job and earn ~£2.5 million to run around and kick a ball. I'm sure you would. This is a one off-season. If teams are managed and rotated I'm sure injuries would be preventable. I'm not say saying they are indestructible, but when you compare it to the 'normal' populace the whinging stinks.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Put it this way - would you swap, say for 6 months, your job and earn ~£2.5 million to run around and kick a ball. I'm sure you would. This is a one off-season. If teams are managed and rotated I'm sure injuries would be preventable. I'm not say saying they are indestructible, but when you compare it to the 'normal' populace the whinging stinks.
Ok, so you didn't actually watch Klopp's comments.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
How the feck does he keep escaping from antics like that? Imagine if it was Jose ?

Media needs to get their shit up.

cyberman

Hes almost telling his players that theyll be tired and struggling to win with his rants about injuries and fixture congestion.
His style of play, with everybody working as a machine, doesnt seem to work in this environment.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The sarcastic applauding and general cuntiness should definitely be punished in some capacity.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He is a terrible loser. Was nice to see Loserfool getting dumped upon.

Nero

The sarcastic applauding and general cuntiness should definitely be punished in some capacity.
No chance. Couple of years ago the official on the end of his abuse said he "liked his passion". Untouchable.

meamth

The commentator when Liverpool conceding a penalty:
"Robinson had minimal touch on Welbeck"

FFS. Really?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fair play to Klopp there! Thought the interviewer was one hell of a whiny trolling bastard there :lol::lol:

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Ha! Klopp's Pool peaked in 2017-2019. The signs of decadence-stagnation were already there in 2020 but they won the title thanks to the freaky summer-autumn 2019.

When they are dropping points because they only score 1 + crying like babies because of VAR, you know they won't win this PL 2021. Spurs, City, or even Leicester.

RonaldoVII

It's good to watch but he's bang on. The schedule is killing the quality this season and it's only going to get worse over the next 5/6 weeks. Failing to allow extra subs is just madness.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
He’s not having a meltdown he was happy to end the interview after being asked about Milners injury. That was unprofessional and unnecessary baiting from Des Kelly. What a prick. Klopp just saying what many managers wanted to elaborate on like Ole said after Everton.

cyberman

It's good to watch but he's bang on. The schedule is killing the quality this season and it's only going to get worse over the next 5/6 weeks. Failing to allow extra subs is just madness.
At the same time cant Klopp alter his tactics? Liverpool struggled after the restart last season with 5 subs. They got outplayed midweek with 5 subs.
I do think Klopp is hiding behind the schdule a little bit

Dan_F

Goes without saying that Klopp ranting is hilarious, but BT are really annoying. There must be some kind of instruction to the presenters and commentators to create the most controversy possible. It would be really nice if they could get someone on who was able to look at things objectively, instead of ex players who are just going to say “it wouldn’t have been a penalty in my day, but it was a pen”.

They’ve all admitted it was a pen, so what’s the point in having loads of a discussions, surely you just want the right decision, rather than an even more subjective view about whether it’s an “obvious” error.

RonaldoVII

At the same time cant Klopp alter his tactics? Liverpool struggled after the restart last season with 5 subs. They got outplayed midweek with 5 subs.
I do think Klopp is hiding behind the schdule a little bit
Probably, but I imagine player fatigue and injuries are a factor in that too. The schedule is so punishing for clubs in Europe, particularly the CL, where you can't really rest players.

VivaRonaldo85

That’s the nearest thing I might have seen since the Rafa facts outburst! Hopefully he’s starting to crumble a bit.

cyberman

Probably, but I imagine player fatigue and injuries are a factor in that too. The schedule is so punishing for clubs in Europe, particularly the CL, where you can't really rest players.
But mid week CL then a league game has always been this way? Its not that much different as we stand. Its from here on in its a shitshow imo.
I just think its impossible to play a certain way this season. Liverpool are waning, Burnley are shit and Wolves are next.
Its not team work anymore. Its Bruno getting the goal in a leggy game. Its Kane getting Spurs out of the fire in minute 80 etc. Its a lot more of the individual thats in focus this year.
Liverpools attack was never great. If this were last season then they score, keep it tight with VVD and we are told how machine like they are. Now the attack doesnt have 90 minutes to score 1 and win the game. Now its 2 or 3 thats needed and Salahs wasteful nature cones into play.
Thats why he needs to change it up

RonaldoVII

But mid week CL then a league game has always been this way? Its not that much different as we stand. Its from here on in its a shitshow imo.
I just think its impossible to play a certain way this season. Liverpool are waning, Burnley are shit and Wolves are next.
Its not team work anymore. Its Bruno getting the goal in a leggy game. Its Kane getting Spurs out of the fire in minute 80 etc. Its a lot more of the individual thats in focus this year.
Liverpools attack was never great. If this were last season then they score, keep it tight with VVD and we are told how machine like they are. Now the attack doesnt have 90 minutes to score 1 and win the game. Now its 2 or 3 thats needed and Salahs wasteful nature cones into play.
Thats why he needs to change it up
The European schedule is a lot tighter than normal isn't it due to the season starting later? I think the ridiculous number of Internationals hasn't helped anyone either.

Agree with all your points though.