Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Redcy

:lol:

My contributions to the Other Sports section might make up for my crappy football views, if it's any consolation :D
Yeah keep you away from football because we know liverpool fans know nothing about football anyway XD

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Shame better Liverpool posters were all banned as part of Cull and WUMs like njred, Dumbstar somehow survived.
I want to see a list of banned poo fans if it's possible because it seems like they're everywhere, before or after the cull.

Haddock

So Clattenbutg admits bias in the SAF years. Christ, I wonder how many more refs were doing the same thing. Everyone’s suspicions confirmed.
Mate don't sweat it. Slippy Me and his band of merry twats featuring the towering twin talents - Le Tallec and Sinama Pongolle - would have still found a way to bottle it every season.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So Clattenbutg admits bias in the SAF years. Christ, I wonder how many more refs were doing the same thing. Everyone’s suspicions confirmed.
Andy Robertson is your dad and you should be ashamed of it.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

It's a talk he had with a journalist from the Daily Mail that's doing the rounds this morning. And it is indeed a Daily Mail "special" since right after the attention-seeking headline of "shock-horror, SAF controlled the referees admits Clattenburg", the very first quote from him is that Klopp sounds like a hypocrite, the second one is that Salah and Mane are among the worst when it comes to fooling the officials and the third one is that the German's claim regarding United's penalties is a blatant attempt to influence the referees. In the end he even says that any peculiar aura around United under Ferguson doesn't exist any more.

Here is the link, in case someone wants to read it: https://www.football365.com/news/clattenburg-admits-to-referee-bias-towards-man-utd

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Clattenburg is a moron. The whole SAF intimidation thing is overplayed. We got shafted numerous times at the Bridge especially by Atkinson.

Here's what I think
  • Refs feel pressure - but it's usually the home crowd they succumb to. We've ourselves had to face many situations where the ref hasn't been brave enough to give decisions agisnt the home team.
  • The bigger teams get more decisions in their favour because they ask more questions of the ref due to playing more on the front foot
It's just convenient to put this down to Sir Alex just because he's larger than life personality and the greatest manager the game has seen.

Lot of people have said decisions have gone in Livepool's favour these last 2 years. No coincidence it happens to the best teams. See the Barcelona claims that used to be made when they were dominant.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
@RobinLFC

4 PotM awards in 7 months.

Is that world class enough for you?
Paul Scholes had 4. Ryan Giggs had 2. Both in careers of 20 years or more. Were they.. not world class then, if that's a criteria?

Oh and let's not forget the RedCafe special "needs to do it for more than one year".

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
No, whoever is top of the league at the end of the season deserves to be champion, and objectively they'll have had the best season of any team.

Utd has had the best season of any team right now and that's why you're top, you can say that. That doesn't mean you are the best team in the league necessarily, I don't see why that's so hard to grasp. PSG is the best team in the French league yet Lyon are first right now.
I seriously have no idea what's gotten into you of late, you used to be really reasoned and by far the most enjoyable Liverpool fan to discuss with. Saying Utd has been the best team so far this season is a perfectly valid season as of matchday 17, and certainly doesn't warrant you brushing someone's post suggesting this aside with a "fecking hell".

And yes Lyon are currently the best team in the French league. PSG have been underwhelming this season, with many systemic issues. Might change with Poch, but not there yet.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
People are seriously arguing whether Bruno is world class?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Paul Scholes had 4. Ryan Giggs had 2. Both in careers of 20 years or more. Were they.. not world class then, if that's a criteria?

Oh and let's not forget the RedCafe special "needs to do it for more than one year".
Hadn't even seen this post before my previous response. Really, really weird.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Robin is, seemingly.
I'm not. I conceded that you can consider Bruno world class the same day that I made the post where I said I didn't think Utd had any real world class players.

I seriously have no idea what's gotten into you of late, you used to be really reasoned and by far the most enjoyable Liverpool fan to discuss with. Saying Utd has been the best team so far this season is a perfectly valid season as of matchday 17, and certainly doesn't warrant you brushing someone's post suggesting this aside with a "fecking hell".

And yes Lyon are currently the best team in the French league. PSG have been underwhelming this season, with many systemic issues. Might change with Poch, but not there yet.
People are constantly brushing my own opinions off as "bla bla bla", "rubbish", "stick to the darts" and whanot, could easily give you a few examples from this thread alone - if I disagree with someone, I'm gonna make that clear as well.

And I disagree with Lyon just like how I disagree about United. PSG is still the best team in France even though they haven't played up to their usual standards this season. Juventus is still the best team in Italy even though they're not first right now. I just don't think United is the best team in England right now, even though you are first. You can just accept that opinion or you can all keep quoting me even though there's no way I'm gonna give in. It's an opinion.

Redcy

People are seriously arguing whether Bruno is world class?
Liverpool and oppo fans, in fact I saw one scouser saying that Fernandes is basically no better than Shelvey, and Wijnaldum is a more complete midfielder...

Redcy

I'm not. I conceded that you can consider Bruno world class the same day that I made the post where I said I didn't think Utd had any real world class players.

People are constantly brushing my own opinions off as "bla bla bla", "rubbish", "stick to the darts" and whanot, could easily give you a few examples from this thread alone - if I disagree with someone, I'm gonna make that clear as well.

And I disagree with Lyon just like how I disagree about United. PSG is still the best team in France even though they haven't played up to their usual standards this season. Juventus is still the best team in Italy even though they're not first right now. I just don't think United is the best team in England right now, even though you are first. You can just accept that opinion or you can all keep quoting me even though there's no way I'm gonna give in. It's an opinion.
I am going to guess United were not the best team throughout the 2000s too, that was generally the perceived scouse logic anyway. I don't think anyone here thinks we are a great team or even the best team, ffs, look at who our fans think will win the league, majority of us reckon City

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You don't think Bruno is world class?
Like I've said, haven't seen much of Utd since he went to you guys. You could consider him world class depending on your definition of it, I suppose, no qualms about that. Don't think he'd make a World XI right now though.
@RobinLFC - if Bruno IS NOT world class, can you tell me who in Liverpool’s team IS world class?

just so we can see where your barometer is at.

I know there is rivalry between the two clubs, but most rational people can evaluate opposition players fairly.
I'll give you Bruno happily enough. Rashford a tier below that for me. De Gea and Pogba used to be.

At Liverpool - Alisson, TAA (not this season), Van Dijk, Robertson, Thiago (not yet this season), Salah (not this season) and Mane.
@Rooney in Paris

Isn't that a reasonable debate? I'll respond to anyone who can muster the decency to ask a decent question rather than immediately ridicule me, and defend my opinion on the matter. Those two posts made my opinion clear more than enough, and that was on Wednesday. But no no, let's keep banging the same drum over and over again, tagging me if he wins an award on Friday. Honestly, which decent response do you actually expect from me to such a post?

cyberman

I am going to guess United were not the best team throughout the 2000s too, that was generally the perceived scouse logic anyway. I don't think anyone here thinks we are a great team or even the best team, ffs, look at who our fans think will win the league, majority of us reckon City
Its a defence mechanism. Theres people who cant say we are the best team in England at the minute so make these over arching statements to show we arent that good in a real sense.
Since we have gone top Im seeing a lot of pieces talking about how this league winner isnt a real winner, the quality is shit because of covid etc.
Its heartwarming.

Redcy

@Rooney in Paris

Isn't that a reasonable debate? I'll respond to anyone who can muster the decency to ask a decent question rather than immediately ridicule me, and defend my opinion on the matter. Those two posts made my opinion clear more than enough, and that was on Wednesday. But no no, let's keep banging the same drum over and over again, tagging me if he wins an award on Friday. Honestly, which decent response do you actually expect from me to such a post?
fair i hadn't seen those, hence i didn't comment on your view specifically

Redcy

Its a defence mechanism. Theres people who cant say we are the best team in England at the minute so make these over arching statements to show we arent that good in a real sense.
Since we have gone top Im seeing a lot of pieces talking about how this league winner isnt a real winner, the quality is shit because of covid etc.
Its heartwarming.
Good, I hope they do say that, might encourage our players even more...

amolbhatia50k

Mane wouldn't make into a world XI either if that's the criteria. No chance he gets in ahead of someone like Neymar. Salah is never getting into any world 11 even in top form given there's a fellow by the name of Messi who likes to cut in from the right.

Mane wouldn't make into a world XI either if that's the criteria. No chance he gets in ahead of someone like Neymar. Salah is never getting into any world 11 even in top form given there's a fellow by the name of Messi who likes to cut in from the right.
world class is not just the best 11. If that’s the case you can only ever have one world class keeper at a time?

Denis' cuff

In the last seven years of Fergie's reign we won the title five times, lost it on goal difference once and lost it by one point once. It tends to be forgotten just how close we came to winning seven seasons in a row. Add in a CL title, another two CL finals (losing to arguably the best football team of all time) and injuries probably costing us another CL title in 06/07 when Milan were able to take advantage of pretty much our entire defence being out in the semi (and Ronaldo playing with an injured ankle), and it really was a period of domination.
:smirk:
Yeah... that’s what I meant

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Both wouldn't, no. Never said they would, I think. At Liverpool, Alisson has a case, Robertson too (it's him or Davies), TAA too although as a pure defender he's miles off and he wouldn't shine as much as he did at Liverpool in another system (can't immediately think of another RB though), and Van Dijk would be a lock. That's probably it.

world class is not just the best 11. If that’s the case you can only ever have one world class keeper at a time?
I said "you can consider him world class, but he wouldn't make my World XI" or something along those lines. Makes it sound like it's a prerequisite to be considered world class but it isn't, otherwise you'd indeed have only 11 world class players. It was just something that crossed my mind.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

I've never heard that one before, although it makes sense.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Both wouldn't, no. Never said they would, I think. At Liverpool, Alisson has a case, Robertson too (it's him or Davies), TAA too although as a pure defender he's miles off and he wouldn't shine as much as he did at Liverpool in another system (can't immediately think of another RB though), and Van Dijk would be a lock. That's probably it.

I said "you can consider him world class, but he wouldn't make my World XI" or something along those lines. Makes it sound like it's a prerequisite to be considered world class but it isn't, otherwise you'd indeed have only 11 world class players. It was just something that crossed my mind.
Justice for Robin.

amolbhatia50k

Both wouldn't, no. Never said they would, I think. At Liverpool, Alisson has a case, Robertson too (it's him or Davies), TAA too although as a pure defender he's miles off and he wouldn't shine as much as he did at Liverpool in another system, and Van Dijk would be a lock. That's probably it.
VVD is the only clear cut one. For Allison you have Ter Stegen, Neuer, Oblak etc also performing heroics. As you say right between Davies and Robertson for LB and TAA is a great crosser but I think he'd struggle in many a team due to his weak defending.

But either way, I think you have a much better team than ours, particularly as a collective and we have some way to get there. Again, agree that this United team is not a special /top one. At the same time as a supporter one hopes that we could at the start of something although I cant help but feel skeptical as we often have just been getting results and churning out wins rather than playing excellent football.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
VVD is the only clear cut one. For Allison you have Ter Stegen, Neuer, Oblak etc also performing heroics. As you say right between Davies and Robertson for LB and TAA is a great crosser but I think he'd struggle in many a team due to his weak defending.

But either way, I think you have a much better team than ours, particularly as a collective and we have some way to get there. Again, agree that this United team is not a special /top one. At the same time as a supporter one hopes that we could at the start of something although I cant help but feel skeptical as we often have just been getting results and churning out wins rather than playing excellent football.
You could certainly make a case for Robertson making a world xi. Whether he'd get in ahead of Alba, Davies or even Sandro is up for debate, but there isn't a great deal between them either way.

TAA has been awful this season, miles from the standards he set himself a year or so back.

Tony247

Like I've said, haven't seen much of Utd since he went to you guys. You could consider him world class depending on your definition of it, I suppose, no qualms about that. Don't think he'd make a World XI right now though.
World class or world 11?

Top 11 are always debatable and with prejudice. Best is to rate a player as world class i.e. can get into some of the best teams in the world. If that is so then united have bruno, rashford, pogba, maguire, ddg (may be not prev season. Back to his best again this season though).

Btw, Bruno IMHO is in world 11.

Last edited: