Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You genuinely think we'll definitely finish above Spurs and Arsenal based on what you've seen so far?
All your posts since he loss to Burnley, make you seem depressed. The loss must have hit you hard. Thought you'd be more optimistic considering the performance last night.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Specsavers have some decent deals on.
Another delusional Scouser. Both Tottenham & Arsenal have finished above you in 5 of the last 6 seasons. Nothing you've done this summer insists anything will change.

Tottenham have one of the most balanced teams in the League & Arsenal will be fine once their 3 best players (Ozil, Sanchez & Koscileny) are fit.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
All your posts since he loss to Burnley, make you seem depressed. The loss must have hit you hard. Thought you'd be more optimistic considering the performance last night.
:lol: I'm hardly depressed, it's still only football at the end of the day. I just don't think we'll find it easy this season and it's frustrating to see the club continue to struggle to make progress over and over.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
:lol: I'm hardly depressed, it's still only football at the end of the day. I just don't think we'll find it easy this season and it's frustrating to see the club continue to struggle to make progress over and over.
Backed Liverpool to have a good run at top 4 and haven't changed my mind. I also think Klopp will tweak his system to more of a conventional counterattacking system as the season progresses.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Backed Liverpool to have a good run at top 4 and haven't changed my mind. I also think Klopp will tweak his system to more of a conventional counterattacking system as the season progresses.
I hope he changes something but I'm not sure we currently have the personnel to make the midfield look more solid. We'll see how things develop over the course of the season. Managers can chop and change as it goes on so maybe he'll figure something out. I'm hoping Karius will turn out to be a good buy and can replace Mignolet permanently, and that Joe Gomez can get back to full fitness and have a go at left back.

I'll stick with my 4th-6th prediction for us.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I hope he changes something but I'm not sure we currently have the personnel to make the midfield look more solid. We'll see how things develop over the course of the season. Managers can chop and change as it goes on so maybe he'll figure something out. I'm hoping Karius will turn out to be a good buy and can replace Mignolet permanently, and that Joe Gomez can get back to full fitness and have a go at left back.

I'll stick with my 4th-6th prediction for us.
How is Wjnaldum doing in midfield? Not sure that was the right signing for your midfield

Wjnaldum, Henderson, Can, Lucas...any other CM options that I've forgotten? Looks really average

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
We are not signing a new left back and by the looks of things we are content with playing Milner at LB. We also seem to be content with our CM position and our lack of a real quality Centre back. If we are getting rid of Sahko I will lose my shit not because he's one of my prefered players in the team, but because I feel we won't sign a replacement. The money we have made with sales this summer alone should allow us another two quality additions, no? We won't get that far with this squad and I am starting to think that Klopp believes he can coach the quality into players like Henderson and Moreno. I don't think he can coach the quality in to them. These aren't young players they should be showing more signs of improvement imo.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
How is Wjnaldum doing in midfield? Not sure that was the right signing for your midfield

Wjnaldum, Henderson, Can, Lucas...any other CM options that I've forgotten? Looks really average
That's pretty much it. Can is decent when he's playing well but none of the others are good enough in midfield to be long term options.

Wijnaldum did a disappearing act against Burnley. He did ok against Arsenal (got an assist for Lallana's goal) but hasn't been amazing so far. I don't even know if Klopp is playing him in CM or going with one midfielder in Henderson with a load of attacking midfielders playing in front of him. He doesn't seem suited to playing in a two man midfield to me though.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
That's pretty much it. Can is decent when he's playing well but none of the others are good enough in midfield to be long term options.

Wijnaldum did a disappearing act against Burnley. He did ok against Arsenal (got an assist for Lallana's goal) but hasn't been amazing so far. I don't even know if Klopp is playing him in CM or going with one midfielder in Henderson with a load of attacking midfielders playing in front of him. He doesn't seem suited to playing in a two man midfield to me though.
The quality of Liverpool's midfield really has deteriorated over the years

2016 - Wjnaldum, Henderson, Can & Lucas
2009 - Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano & Lucas

Bought Aquliani, Meireles, Adam, Henderson, Allen, Can, Poulson and Shelvey between those years. A cursed area

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

Bought Aquliani, Meireles, Adam, Henderson, Allen, Can, Poulson and Shelvey between those years. A cursed area
I guess it was always going to be hard replacing those players but our recruitment has been so poor when you see the list of players that came after them. I know we've had to shop in lower tiers but Alonso wasn't a big money signing, he was simply a good spot from Benitez/the scouts at the time. We've struggled to make signings like that during a period where we really needed to make them.

Rafateria

10mins of YouTube vid tells you that Klavan is what he is, good honest experienced old pro who positions well & intercepts are good as a result. He's not a first choice Prem CB for a top club. So it's a surprise to me if Klopp lets Sakho go out on loan (more discipline messages?) or a bluff & it won't happen. Suppose that means Matip will go in there at some stage, it looks atm.
That seems to be a good assessment. It may be that due t his lack of pace he is better against stronger opposition than against teams where we dominate and they are playing on the break. Which seems to be borne out in the two PL games to date.

Personally I think it would be crazy to let Sakho go out on loan, he is still a very good CB most of the time, even considering his dysfunctional moments, and we've seen at both Liverpool and United what can happen when resources are stretched to the limit. We haven't yet decided what to do with Wisdom and Ilori however neither are good enough CBs even as back-ups (I'd maybe take Ilori as 4th/5th CB) and Gomez has been out for a year, it may take him a while to get back up to speed (if he ever does - I hope so because I really liked him) as we've seen with other players out for a substantial period of time; Sturridge, Henderson and Ings.

Rafateria

I hope he changes something but I'm not sure we currently have the personnel to make the midfield look more solid. We'll see how things develop over the course of the season. ................
It seems to me he's putting far too much faith in Henderson, as captain he's getting a pass, returning to previous form, form that due to injuries he's not shown for 18 months. He's been horrendous so far this season and I do think his injuries have done him in. However many fans want to give him more time, time that will cost us. Klopp was looking at midfield reinforcements but with his prime target (Dahoud) saying he is staying put for one more year, and Lucas injured and unable to be sold, he was maybe a little stymied. We had a huge squad and I can see that reducing it was certainly a priority.

I know Grujic (20) and Ejaria (18) are both very young and inexperienced but I'd certainly be looking at bringing them on as subs more often just to see what they can do with 20-30 mins and whether they could conceivably be considered starters. Both have been mightily impressive, and mature, in pre-season. I only see Stewart as a reliable but unspectacular back up for Can (22), just a youngster himself (which many people forget) who could maybe take a big step forward this season and impose himself as he showed a few times last season.

rotherham_red

January is notoriously difficult to get players in, so hardly 2 full windows. He needs at least another summer window to call it his team.
You only have to see the number of outgoings just in this window to see there is a massive changeover in players. Most of the current team are not his players, especially considering 2 of his new players haven't been fit to play yet, Matip & Karius.

We still have the likes of Balotelli on the books so how it can be called his side is a bit daft.

Liverpool Sales:

Jordan Rossiter - Glasgow Rangers.
Daniel Trickett-Smith - Sacramento Republic FC.
Jerome Sinclair - Watford.
Jaoa Teixeira - Porto.
Lawrence Vigouroux - Swindon Town.
Jordan Ibe - Bournemouth.
Martin Skrtel - Fenerbahce.
Sergi Canos - Norwich City.
Joe Allen - Stoke City.
Brad Smith - Bournemouth.
Christain Benteke - Crystal Palace.

Released:

Jose Enrique
Kolo Toure
Daniel Cleary
Samed Yesil
Kristof Polgar
Alex O'Hanlon
Ryan McLaughlin
Will Marsh
Joshua Dobie
Andrew Firth
Callum Nicholas
Jack Watts
Owen Wheeler

Loans:

Ryan Fulton - Chesterfield
Danny Ward - Huddersfield
Adam Bogdan - Wigan
Allan Rodrigues - Herta Berlin
Ryan Kent - Barnsley
Jack Dunn - Morecambe
Jon Flannagan - Burnley
Lloyd Jones - Swindon
Nice story, except for the fact that Klopp himself called it his team

SomeRandomPerson

Specsavers have some decent deals on.
You cannot seriously be this certain that Liverpool will finish above both Spurs and Arsenal? I mean that seemed like a pretty reasonable assertion to me.

Anyways, I'm with most Liverpool supporters on here that Klopp should be given more time. He is by far the best man to manage Liverpool right now. Not just because Liverpool look for bargains and try to develop them, which is basically Klopp's MO (and he showed at Dortmund just how good he is and just how special his teams can be if you get the recruitment right), but also because the few managers with an unarguably better CV than Klopp (Jose, Pep and Ancelotti is basically it in my book) won't be managing Liverpool any time soon. Jose obviously will never get offered the Liverpool job (and is hopefully here to stay at United), Pep won't go to another club in England after he's done his 3 years at City and Carlo won't be available for the next 3 years at least if things go to plan at Bayern. After that, I don't necessarily think Conte, Allegri, Blanc, Emery etc. are better than Klopp, plus Emery, Conte and Allegri obviously have more lucrative jobs. The only way Liverpool could do better than Klopp is if by some miracle, they convince Diego Simeone to join. I think Simeone is better than Klopp, but on terms of over-achieving with an underdog, their CV's aren't so far apart (though Simeone has 2 super teams to go against both of whom are eons above the Bayern team Klopp took on so I place him higher). I fully expect Liverpool to give top 4 a good shot this year but ultimately, I think Spurs and Arsenal are just too good for them, and us, City and Chelsea are likely to be too good for them too.

So, you know, as a big fan of Jurgen Klopp's, I can only hope he fails completely. But it's unlikely he won't get you punching well above your weight.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool

United have had issues in that area too after all. So you had to pay all that money for a player you basically let go.

But yes we lack quality there - we wanted Dahoud which would have helped resolve it but couldn't get the deal done so Klopp knows it's an area of concern.

I think Grujic could be a really good player for us but is still very young. Henderson I don't rate as a captain and leader, and injuries have affected his form.
Can I am still not sure what his best position is and Wijnaldum it is too early to judge.

We might need to make do for now with what we have but I would imagine next season the midfield might have a different look to it.

Last edited:

podurban2

United have had issues in that area too after all. So you had to pay all that money for a player you basically let go.

But yes we lack quality there - we wanted Dahoud which would have helped resolve it but couldn't get the deal done so Klopp knows it's an area of concern.

I think Grujic could be a really good player for us but still very young. Henderson I don't rate as a captain and leader.
I don't think it's the money that's the problem, more so that your signings have been pretty shite.

Don't get me wrong - United haven't been much better when it comes to the midfield.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think it's the money that's the problem, more so that your signings have been pretty shite.

Don't get me wrong - United haven't been much better when it comes to the midfield.
You are right some of the midfield signings haven't been good enough. I am hoping (looking long term), that this summer as my list shows is a real shake up and clear out, meaning future windows we can add quality in a few positions without the need for wholesale changes.

We have never had that but that is how it should be.

podurban2

You are right some of the midfield signings haven't been good enough. I am hoping (looking long term), that this summer as my list shows is a real shake up and clear out, meaning future windows we can add quality in a few positions without the need for wholesale changes.

We have never had that but that is how it should be.
Certainly got some deadwood out judging by that list, but you better hope you can make some good signings to accompany that.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Certainly got some deadwood out judging by that list, but you better hope you can make some good signings to accompany that.
I don't think we will sign anyone else now in this window. I am assuming he is clearing the way as it were for the future when it can be more settled.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
We all laugh at them, but we'll be dispointed when they'll beat us if we're too confident.
We saw major improvements under Klopp since he came. They seems to be unconsistent, but they tend to do well in big games under him, and also playing well.
As his lack of quality in defense I agree. Clyne + Mignolet etc are not that good, but I do think that they form a good unit.

But you can't deny that they have game changers in Coutinho and Sturridge. I think that they're missing top wingers and a top deep lying playmaker to play like Klopp would like but this year I would not underestimate them especially since they don't have european football( maybe I'm wrong)

They'll come to Old Trafford to counter us for us, and with their talent forward can trouble us so I would wait after Christmas to see what Klopp is doing.

I really rate him as I really hope he leaves soon for Madrid, Bayern or their National Team. I do like him, but I hate him beeing at Pool (This fu**** crazy blind guy hahaha)

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
We all laugh at them, but we'll be dispointed when they'll beat us if we're too confident.
We saw major improvements under Klopp since he came. They seems to be unconsistent, but they tend to do well in big games under him, and also playing well.
As his lack of quality in defense I agree. Clyne + Mignolet etc are not that good, but I do think that they form a good unit.

But you can't deny that they have game changers in Coutinho and Sturridge. I think that they're missing top wingers and a top deep lying playmaker to play like Klopp would like but this year I would not underestimate them especially since they don't have european football( maybe I'm wrong)

They'll come to Old Trafford to counter us for us, and with their talent forward can trouble us so I would wait after Christmas to see what Klopp is doing.

I really rate him as I really hope he leaves soon for Madrid, Bayern or their National Team. I do like him, but I hate him beeing at Pool (This fu**** crazy blind guy hahaha)
We no longer lack a top winger, Mane is a very very good player.
You are right about lacking a midfield playmaker - I think he is hoping that will be Can.

Mignolet won't be first choice when Karius is fit.

Oyibo

Brenda's Shankley-esque goal celebration used to annoy me (2 arms pointing high with little passion).:annoyed:

Jurgen Stropp's goal celebrations, and teethy grins just make me cringe. :D

(He goes off his head at every goal Liverpool score, which makes him look stupid when the other teams equalise:lol:)

Lets hope he looks stupid a lot this season ;)

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Brenda's Shankley-esque goal celebration used to annoy me (2 arms pointing high with little passion).:annoyed:

Jurgen Stropp's goal celebrations, and teethy grins just make me cringe. :D

(He goes off his head at every goal Liverpool score, which makes him look stupid when the other teams equalise:lol:)

Lets hope he looks stupid a lot this season ;)
Speaking of things that make people cringe what's with all the 'Smilies' at the end of each line?

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Same here. Klopp is a good manager and will eventually have Liverpool playing the way he wants. Think they'll get top 4.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Same here. Klopp is a good manager and will eventually have Liverpool playing the way he wants. Think they'll get top 4.
I thought the same initially, but to be perfectly honest the more I see the more I doubt it. It is not as much the tactics since I think he has improved them in that department, atleast in the attacking sense, defence still not convincing though. My main gripe is the signings, I really don't see a real "klopp stamp" on this team, and their signings more often than not baffle me. I had expected more of Klopp, and I wonder if this famed transfer committee of Liverpool is behind most of them (?)

I'm all for constructive debate, but am confused why you'd think you'd get it at a rivals forum. :confused:
Meh, we are known for being welcome to opposition supporters here, and largely invite actual discussion surrounding any teams, rival or not.

I for one am happy for our scouse contingent, and I try my best to answer them and discuss in an objectiv matter, not just the tiresome "lulz you scouse suxx0rs" standard line every time they post something. Most other posters also do this, and that is why we have a fairly big contingent of (fairly) sane opposition posters, which adds spice to the Caf IMO.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I'm all for constructive debate, but am confused why you'd think you'd get it at a rivals forum. :confused:
I have had lots of sensible debate on here with United fans, I am sure the other Liverpool fans on here would say the same.
Frankly what is wrong with that, sure there is rivalry, often bitterness - but I don't see why we cannot talk about football in a reasonable way also.

Is it not good sometimes to hear a different viewpoint now and again?

Don't get me wrong I read things on here often in disbelief , maybe that's why we are a liitle defensive or "touchy" sometimes.

You have your fun RAWK thread which we tend to stay away from , I don't see why the other Liverpool threads can't at least have some serious discussion. If you don't want that on here, I guess then don't start the threads.