Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is such a weird thing to bemoan. Supporters of a so called ''smaller'' club are always take joy in the misfortune of one of the biggest clubs in the world.
I honestly think it’s an ego thing. In his world, Liverpool are the plucky underdogs that everyone gets behind. Loveable Klopp’s team. He’s living in a media bubble where his team is fawned over and doesn’t realise that in the real world, Liverpool is loathed as a club as are their fans.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Quite impressing and also scary the pull Klopp seems to have. That Mbappé even considered them is a huge warning sign. Hopefully ETH can have the same influence for us.
Was taken out of context, I believe. It was when he was still at Monaco and deciding where he'd go next as a teenager.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/sunderland-fans.353431/

The same thing happened when we lost the league to City, with Sunderland fans doing the Poznan. A lot of people bemoaned this at the time (though some also didn’t, in fairness).
Yeah I thought that any Utd fans that were bitter (especially those still angry about it years later) about what the Sunderland fans did that day were just being over-sensitive, just like the Liverpool fans complaining about the Wolves fans on Sunday are being. Ironically Sunderland took more points off City that season than anyone else, and were routinely beating them 1-0 at home (4 seasons in a row) at the time.

On that same day at the end of 2011/2012, Bolton were relegated after drawing at Stoke, and the Stoke fans were mocking Bolton's plight as you'd expect. On the final day in 2008/2009, the Villa fans were pretty mercilessly mocking Newcastle who were relegated (to be fair most football fans in the country probably found that hilarious). It's all just football banter, dishing it out and taking it. When we were relegated in 2011/2012, I remember Wigan fans (yes they do have a few here and there !) mocking us quite brutally as it was mathematically confirmed, and I wasn't angry about it at all.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I didn’t realise that they didn’t beat any of the top 4 in the league this year.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
I'm just going off what I read on Twitter mate, I don't care nearly enough to defend Klopp by searching for such stats.

2min search tells me that it probably only takes 38-game seasons into account.
but we won the league, we won it 13 times. and that is what matters.

13 EPL titles in 27 years. 1 title every two seasons
Klopp 1 title in 7 years. 1 title every seven years.

The day Klopp reaches the same ratio, than we will talk.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
but we won the league, we won it 13 times. and that is what matters.

13 EPL titles in 27 years. 1 title every two seasons
Klopp 1 title in 7 years. 1 title every seven years.

The day Klopp reaches the same ratio, than we will talk.
Okay so I guess we can't talk about any manager whatsoever in the game if that's your threshold? :lol:

Josh 76

Yeah I thought that any Utd fans that were bitter (especially those still angry about it years later) about what the Sunderland fans did that day were just being over-sensitive, just like the Liverpool fans complaining about the Wolves fans on Sunday are being. Ironically Sunderland took more points off City that season than anyone else, and were routinely beating them 1-0 at home (4 seasons in a row) at the time.

On that same day at the end of 2011/2012, Bolton were relegated after drawing at Stoke, and the Stoke fans were mocking Bolton's plight as you'd expect. On the final day in 2008/2009, the Villa fans were pretty mercilessly mocking Newcastle who were relegated (to be fair most football fans in the country probably found that hilarious). It's all just football banter, dishing it out and taking it. When we were relegated in 2011/2012, I remember Wigan fans (yes they do have a few here and there !) mocking us quite brutally as it was mathematically confirmed, and I wasn't angry about it at all.
Liverpool are starting to make quiet a few fierce rivals.

The obvious ones, Manutd, City, Everton.

Chelsea fans were celebrating Citys 3rd goal against Villa.

Leicester City is becoming a bit nasty after the league cup tie.

Now Wolves.

Klopp will start to realise what’s it like To face a cup final every week! Welcome to our world!

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It sucks but there's nothing much to be ashamed of losing out by a point to a team that's equally as great as you (or arguably better domestically). Klopp got to 99, 97 and 92 points in the PL, all three are more than United ever got under SAF. You can only do your own job and hope it's enough in the end.

And it's not like we bottled it this year or anything. The league was always a long shot out of our hands, so no, in that regard it didn't hurt at all.
There's nothing arguable about it - Pep has won 4 out of the last 5 leagues, of course City are better than you guys domestically.

Also this weird obsession with points total from Liverpool fans is fast becoming the new "moral victory". It means absolutely nothing.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
There's nothing arguable about it - Pep has won 4 out of the last 5 leagues, of course City are better than you guys domestically.

Also this weird obsession with points total from Liverpool fans is fast becoming the new "moral victory". It means absolutely nothing.
No of course it doesn't, I'm not trying to convince anyone that we deserve it, should have won it, whatever. It does show that we have been incredibly consistent in the league as well and could have easily won it on most given years. And then Utd fans can reply with "yeah but you didn't so it doesn't mean anything" again and we go on and on.

Lord SInister

They always come up with these kind of useless stats and useless importance given to trivial things. The Arsenal of rich people.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You can talk about them, worship them and praise them, but do not use their meaning less stats to compare them with SAF.
God you lot are a sensitive bunch when it comes to your success under SAF. No one in their right mind would compare any manager with SAF, especially on the domestic front. Happy now?

Just wait if Klopp wins his second CL this weekend though. 2 in 6 full seasons compared to 2 in 27, just think about how many stats and ratios we'll be able to talk about then :p

romufc

No of course it doesn't, I'm not trying to convince anyone that we deserve it, should have won it, whatever. It does show that we have been incredibly consistent in the league as well and could have easily won it on most given years. And then Utd fans can reply with "yeah but you didn't so it doesn't mean anything" again and we go on and on.
I don't know why Liverpool fans have this obsession about United not getting 90+ points and winning titles whilst losing to City to the title.

In my opinion, it was beat the best to win the title. If that's 60 points or 100 points.

You could have easily won it on most given years, but dont act as if Liverpool were not in the league then, they didn't win it.

Its like saying if VAR was introduced much earlier x,y,z would have changed.

romufc

Just wait if Klopp wins his second CL this weekend though. 2 in 6 full seasons compared to 2 in 27, just think about how many stats and ratios we'll be able to talk about then :p
Thats fine, Fergie won 13 PL titles, something that is harder to do.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I don't know why Liverpool fans have this obsession about United not getting 90+ points and winning titles whilst losing to City to the title.

In my opinion, it was beat the best to win the title. If that's 60 points or 100 points.

You could have easily won it on most given years, but dont act as if Liverpool were not in the league then, they didn't win it.

Its like saying if VAR was introduced much earlier x,y,z would have changed.
I posted once about it to show that we've been consistent, I'm not obsessed by it at all.

Not sure I fully agree with "beat the best to win the title" per se though in a league format where you only play your direct rivals twice, but that's another discussion.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Liverpool are starting to make quiet a few fierce rivals.

The obvious ones, Manutd, City, Everton.

Chelsea fans were celebrating Citys 3rd goal against Villa.

Leicester City is becoming a bit nasty after the league cup tie.

Now Wolves.

Klopp will start to realise what’s it like To face a cup final every week! Welcome to our world!
Other clubs uniting together to dislike Liverpool together sounds good !

They probably also despise Spurs after the 2 costly draws this season and West Ham after their away defeat there, so maybe there could be some increased needle there in the future.

Their games against Burnley could be very tense, with Dyche and Klopp previously taking shots against each other and each others' players re footballing ethics, Burnley beating them 2-0 with 19% possession a few years back, stopping them from having a 100% home record in 2019/2020, ending their unbeaten run at Anfield last season etc., so they'll be happy about their relegation !

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
They probably also despise Spurs after the 2 costly draws this season and West Ham after their away defeat there, so maybe there could be some increased needle there in the future.
City got a combined 4 points out of 12 against them, if anything we should be happy about those teams this season!

Trezeguet17

Why even is there a conversation on this board that contains SAF and Klopp in the same sentence

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
God you lot are a sensitive bunch when it comes to your success under SAF. No one in their right mind would compare any manager with SAF, especially on the domestic front. Happy now?

You and the dumbstar could always go and try to wum somewhere else

Lord SInister

yes we are sensitive when it comes to him.

Yes you can heap all praises for Klopp if he wins you two UCL.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

100% agree. You either win or you lose. Doesn't matter how. There's no discussion or excuses.

Klopp will need more PL titles under his belt and hopefully he will. Just like Pep will need at least one CL with City under his belt, and it's likely he will at some point too. Just like Ferguson needed to win more than just two CLs in his 20 year career in Europe (I already touched on this elsewhere).

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I see that Robin claims that Klopp has 3 times got more points than Ferguson's United ever got... except that's bollocks as it's only twice. United got 92 points in the 93/94 season and won the league and FA cup double

... Liverpool finished 8th....with 60 points and a GD of +4
He did that in 42 games. Roughly equivalent to 83 points in a 38 game season.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
7 years ago today, we were hammered 6-1 by Stoke.

Gobsmacking that Rodgers kept his job after that.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
7 years ago today, we were hammered 6-1 by Stoke.

Gobsmacking that Rodgers kept his job after that.
That's probably because no one was available that summer. Klopp gave signals that he would take the job but only after the 15/16 season had begun and FSG had decided Rodgers needed to go.

Kind of funny that through all the good times we still managed a 7-2 defeat under Klopp. We've also lost 5-0, 4-0 and 4-1 to Pep's City.

Josh 76

100% agree. You either win or you lose. Doesn't matter how. There's no discussion or excuses.

Klopp will need more PL titles under his belt and hopefully he will. Just like Pep will need at least one CL with City under his belt, and it's likely he will at some point too. Just like Ferguson needed to win more than just two CLs in his 20 year career in Europe (I already touched on this elsewhere).
League titles prevail over CL all day long.
Wenger’s Arsenal and Mourhino’s Chelsea will always be better than Tuchel’s Chelsea and Benetiz’s Liverpool.

Peps City will always be better than Klopps Liverpool!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Wenger’s Arsenal and Mourhino’s Chelsea will always be better than Tuchel’s Chelsea and Benetiz’s Liverpool.

You reckon 14-18 Barcelona was better than 14-18 Madrid?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
You reckon 14-18 Barcelona was better than 14-18 Madrid?
(Here come the Madrid fans. :D)

Guys, as suspected, your 13+ CL trophies are useless. Throw them in the river. Barca is the best Spanish team ever.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Fergie’s CL record should have been better but he didn’t need anything, as if he needed to prove himself more :lol: His trophy haul is obscene.

The CL was also much much stronger then.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

In terms of the actual achievement I agree. You can't beat doing it over 38 games like that.

I do think players value a CL higher though.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Pep's haul of 4 PL's in five seasons is much much better than Flopps one covid pl in 8 seasons.

Then there is Sir Alex way way up there with 13 PL's.
On his own more PL's than Pep, Jose, Wenger and Flopp added together.