Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It’s like being a fly on the wall during a private therapy session. Trying to convince yourselves of the positives is cute and all but …

Villa were winning 2-0 on the 75th minute.
I mean yeah it wasn’t fun but we’ve got two in the bag and maybe a third to come. We’ll probably challenge again next season as well. It could be much worse (and it has been as a Liverpool fan).
Don't know how true it is but saw somewhere that we have been on the top spot more than you guys this season. Weird stats.
Yeah that’s true apparently. I’m assuming it’s from when you beat Leeds on the first day. I’m fairly sure we were never top at any stage this season after a single match week.

djembatheking

Great thread, typical Liverpool supporters trying to convince themselves that Klopps a winner in the league for scoring 90+ points but finishing 2nd . Keep it up, very entertaining.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Great thread, typical Liverpool supporters trying to convince themselves that Klopps a winner in the league for scoring 90+ points but finishing 2nd . Keep it up, very entertaining.
Won't be surprised their classic alternative table will come up to make them worthy title winners of 2021/22 if not already. :lol:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
‘No marks’? You’ve had a njghtmare here mate.
Liverpool spent 8 years in div 2 in the 1950s while we winning leagues with a team of kids. Anybody can point out bad spells for any club. I guess at least during our bad years our fanbase was loyal. Anfield was empty in the 50s.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It’s weird that we were never actually top after a full match week. I think City were top since the 15th week of the season. Even yesterday we were never actually top of the league at any point.

We shouldn’t act so spoiled tbh. It’s not a rough time we’re in, winning two cups and maybe winning a third (our 7th European Cup). I’ve lost count of the number of seasons I’ve watched Liverpool with nothing to play for by March/April. We should enjoy this ride whilst we’re on it.
Boom Bust. Anyone remember that? :nervous:

Chief123

Let’s be completely honest here.

If we look back in 15-20 years time, are people really going to be gleaming over Klopps reign at Liverpool having won 1 league title over 7-8 years he was manager? At the end of the day, it’s trophies that matter.

No one is going to talk about the greatest team ever to finish 2nd. Yes Liverpool have a great team in an era where there is a team even greater than them. That’s unfortunate. But it still means there’s a team better than them and they will be the ones to be remembered.

So this whole talk of this team being one of the greatest ever is pretty premature and unproven so far.

united for life

If we look back in 15-20 years time, are people really going to be gleaming over Klopps reign at Liverpool having won 1 league title over 7-8 years he was manager? At the end of the day, it’s trophies that matter.

No one is going to talk about the greatest team ever to finish 2nd. Yes Liverpool have a great team in an era where there is a team even greater than them. That’s unfortunate. But it still means there’s a team better than them and they will be the ones to be remembered.

So this whole talk of this team being one of the greatest ever is pretty premature and unproven so far.
he’s taken around 4 years to build the squad he wanted and has since been winning trophies. Let’s not forget that city spend way more than liverpool on their squad over the last couple of years (read the other day something around 3 times more). The players he’s signed were good but not great and he made them great. He’s made all the right signings rather than just signing high profile players just because cash was around (grealish to city for example).

this team will, unfortunately, win more trophies and it is all because of their manager being that good.

We lost the 08/09 CL final. Should we say we had a bad team? No we didn’t. But Barcelona were a different class back then

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
he’s taken around 4 years to build the squad he wanted and has since been winning trophies. Let’s not forget that city spend way more than liverpool on their squad over the last couple of years (read the other day something around 3 times more). The players he’s signed were good but not great and he made them great. He’s made all the right signings rather than just signing high profile players just because cash was around (grealish to city for example).

this team will, unfortunately, win more trophies and it is all because of their manager being that good.
History remembers numbers, not narrative.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

If they beat Real at the weekend they will certainly be remembered as a great side. Wenger's Arsenal were to us what Klopp's Liverpool are to City today, and they are remembered despite doing nothing in Europe, albeit they won three titles to Klopp's one. But Klopp's European record is very impressive.

Chief123

We lost the 08/09 CL final. Should we say we had a bad team? No we didn’t. But Barcelona were a different class back then
That’s all beautiful but you’ve completely missed the point.

I never said Liverpool was a bad team, I clearly stated they have a great team. However, the truth is trophies are what matter. Nothing changes the fact it’s still only 1 league title and a strong possibility it’ll never be more than that under Klopp considering City’s spending.

Fergie is always remembered for 13 league titles and 2 European cups. No one remembers all the European cups Fergie “should have won”.

People don’t look back and think Utd were the best team that year despite losing to Leverkusen in the semi final or Porto in the quarter final or the 2 finals we lost to Barca or the semi final we lost to Dortmund. You get remembered for trophies.

Yes Klopp could win more going forward but right now it’s bollocks to say it’s anything more than a great team who repeatedly came second to Man City.

Relevant

So if City hadn't have scored that third goal less than 10 minutes before the end of the 38th and final game of the season then Klopp would be considered a great manager and this Liverpool team would be a bit better than 'average'?

Wolves fans yesterday were doing what footy fans do - seizing an opportunity and having a laugh at the opposition in front of them.

It's kind of amusing that they've got to do this twice now in the last few years, both at Liverpool's expense :lol:

I get where Klopp is coming from and I think it's quite clever what he's doing.....
reminding everyone else of the fact that City's sportswashing is making the league lopsided and uneven. And isn't that why the majority of United supporters are not arsed about City winning the title, because they're basically cheating their way to 'history by numbers'? or some such bollocks as espoused above?

It's cathartic to laugh at the scousers after them getting so close ....but feck me that was miles too feckin close :nervous: for comfort from a United perspective considering the utter car crash of a season we've just had.

And to belittle Klopp's achievements just before Pool are about to play their third Champions League final in 5 years is like the biggest feckin jinx we can put on Madrid.

We haven't seen RAWK we've raised that bollocks and gone all in.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
That’s all beautiful but you’ve completely missed the point.

I never said Liverpool was a bad team, I clearly stated they have a great team. However, the truth is trophies are what matter. Nothing changes the fact it’s still only 1 league title and a strong possibility it’ll never be more than that under Klopp considering City’s spending.

Fergie is always remembered for 13 league titles and 2 European cups. No one remembers all the European cups Fergie “should have won”.

People don’t look back and think Utd were the best team that year despite losing to Leverkusen in the semi final or Porto in the quarter final or the 2 finals we lost to Barca or the semi final we lost to Dortmund. You get remembered for trophies.

Yes Klopp could win more going forward but right now it’s bollocks to say it’s anything more than a great team who repeatedly came second to Man City.
Except in Europe if Klopp wins again that is. No one since the unmatched Paisley touches him at that point.

Loon

:lol:
Except in Europe if Klopp wins again that is. No one since the unmatched Paisley touches him at that point.
Unmatched, except by Carlo Ancelotti (who could surpass him this weekend) and Zinedine Zidane.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

I think they’ll talk him up a lot if he wins in Paris on Saturday. Two CL’s at one club is incredible for any manager.

Vapor trail

Liverpool fans just have to concede that they lost to a better City side over the course of the season. It's not a slight on Klopp whatsoever I personally think he's a better manager to Pep money spent yes but less resources at his disposal, he's maximised the output from average players and his team's have a competitive winning mentality.

Pep does excel in many areas but his biggest flaw will always be subsequently the narrative he is unable to adapt with limited or refined resources. He left Barcelona supposedly with tension between himself and Laporta, left Bayern due to falling out with the board. There's an argument to be made that he doesn't have the character to sustain himself at a top club which historically and economically City are not.

tomaldinho1

The difference is that SAF earned a enough points to win the league, time and time again. He beat what was in front of him, time and time again. Not only did he win the league, he consistently won cups alongside it.

If Fergie was battling with Pep and Klopp, nobody would be consistently in the 90s and SAF would have won at least 2 out of the last 5.
It’s also completely irrelevant to compare points totals unless maybe it 2 neighbouring seasons. Conte at Chelsea set a points total record in his first season for example, even Leicester won the league with more points than some previous PL winners.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Liverpool fans just have to concede that they lost to a better City side over the course of the season. It's not a slight on Klopp whatsoever I personally think he's a better manager to Pep money spent yes but less resources at his disposal, he's maximised the output from average players and his team's have a competitive winning mentality.

Pep does excel in many areas but his biggest flaw will always be subsequently the narrative he is unable to adapt with limited or refined resources. He left Barcelona supposedly with tension between himself and Laporta, left Bayern due to falling out with the board. There's an argument to be made that he doesn't have the character to sustain himself at a top club which historically and economically City are not.
Pep won the league without a proper striker though, and mostly playing modern day attacking midfielders all over the field.

erikcred

It sucks but there's nothing much to be ashamed of losing out by a point to a team that's equally as great as you (or arguably better domestically). Klopp got to 99, 97 and 92 points in the PL, all three are more than United ever got under SAF. You can only do your own job and hope it's enough in the end.

And it's not like we bottled it this year or anything. The league was always a long shot out of our hands, so no, in that regard it didn't hurt at all.
Your two cowardly first halves against City showed that you have no business finishing above them even with a full strength squad. So yea, nothing to be ashamed of coming second to them.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
The way I see us and City is the battle between Ferguson and Pep in the CL at the start of the decade. You can be a fantastic team, but can't control if there's another great team that you keep running into that's a little better when it comes to the crunch.

When you say Ferguson underachieved in Europe, I don't think anyone realistically thinks falling short to Barcelona in those finals is one of those periods of underachievement; it's always other seasons that get brought up. Similarly, I don't think Klopp has underachieved because he's not been able to consistently get past what is at this point one of the historically great league teams in English football. In both cases, it's just pure bad luck the team's peaks coincided.

Now considering both of those times it was Guardiola that proved to difficult too overcome, this notion that Ferguson would unquestionably just get it done in the league where Klopp hasn't been able to is a bit overly hypothetical imo.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I see that Robin claims that Klopp has 3 times got more points than Ferguson's United ever got... except that's bollocks as it's only twice. United got 92 points in the 93/94 season and won the league and FA cup double

... Liverpool finished 8th....with 60 points and a GD of +4

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I see that Robin claims that Klopp has 3 times got more points than Ferguson's United ever got... except that's bollocks as it's only twice. United got 92 points in the 93/94 season and won the league and FA cup double

... Liverpool finished 8th....with 60 points and a GD of +4
I'm just going off what I read on Twitter mate, I don't care nearly enough to defend Klopp by searching for such stats.

2min search tells me that it probably only takes 38-game seasons into account.

BarstoolProphet

Quite impressing and also scary the pull Klopp seems to have. That Mbappé even considered them is a huge warning sign. Hopefully ETH can have the same influence for us.

ShinjiNinja26

We were better in the 70s and 80s than you ever were in any era. 4 European Cups in 8 years. It also took you 36 years to catch our league total. You were no marks back then. Relegated even. Not even the main rival to us. That would be Everton. So now you’ve been ahead of us in leagues for ten years. Kids jeez. No concept of history
I can just tell your Keyboard/phone took a real bashing typing that out. :lol:

Last edited: