Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Lecland07

Liverpool don't look great - 2 points in 3 games.

Salah looks off it.

I'm surprised they didn't sign a midfielder - they have old players and injury prone ones as options. I feel Darwin will be a massive waste of money, which should have been spent elsewhere.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If Klopp's being absolutely honest with himself, he'll admit ETH did him tonight.

Many were surprised when Elanga started - myself included, but it was clearly done to exploit Liverpool's high backline, and it worked like a dream. That in combination with the high-intensity, high-press strategy that we managed to sustain for 80-odd minutes won the game for us.
I don't think you did exploit us that much though, you didn't need to. 30% possession and fewer shots but you did more with the ball than we did. The main point of your game plan was to make sure we weren't able to settle in midfield and to limit space for our forward players to exploit, whilst ensuring that you made counter attacks and pushes forward count. Your possession was similar to Palace's last week.

We're becoming too easy to defend against.

Parry Gallister

If Klopp's being absolutely honest with himself, he'll admit ETH did him tonight.

Many were surprised when Elanga started - myself included, but it was clearly done to exploit Liverpool's high backline, and it worked like a dream. That in combination with the high-intensity, high-press strategy that we managed to sustain for 80-odd minutes won the game for us. He'd be lying to the fans and himself if suggests anything to the contrary. And he absolutely will :lol:
Yes and no. We did them but Milner, Henderson and that scraggy kid have no business starting, they looked so lightweight. VVD looks off and Al-Arnold is a fraud of a defender.

cyberman

Why would there be? Do you expect people to be calling for him to be sacked considering where he's taken Liverpool since he arrived in 2015? He has credit in the bank.

He does put too much faith in players who aren't good enough though.
Because he’s had a world class side for a long time now and it’s one league title. You can even say there’s times you’re better than City yet it’s one league title.
That shouldn’t be good enough. There should be pressure to win league and CL titles now, you and City are (were) clearly the best two teams in the world for a while now

Bobski

Diaz is no Mane either, had a quick look at the stats, 10 times dispossed, never seen another player have that above 4/5. Not talking about misplaced passes and the like, just staight up having the ball taken from him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They must have the worst subs bench in the league at present, Klopp endlessly moaning about 5 subs and he could only make two tonight due to having kids on there (and most of them are defenders) so very little options to turn a 2-0 into a draw.

I don't quite understand the make up of midfield in terms of profile. You've got the old warriors like Milner and Henderson well into their 30s and then young kids like Elliott and Carvalho. Where's that CM at peak of his powers in 24-27 year old age range?

I get they're playing the long game with someone like Bellingham but I think it could do with freshening up now otherwise it will be wasted league season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Diaz is no Mane either, had a quick look at the stats, 10 times dispossed, never seen another player have that above 4/5. Not talking about misplaced passes and the like, just staight up having the ball taken from him.
He was still the most likely to do anything. Salah and Firmino barely threatened for first 70 minutes and it all looked very pedestrian for Liverpool bar the odd move that came off.

acnumber9

Liverpool are a team that are starting to look old. Fergie knew he had to freshen his squad up every few years. I don’t think Liverpool have done that.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool are a team that are starting to look old. Fergie knew he had to freshen his squad up every few years. I don’t think Liverpool have done that.
You're not wrong. We've allowed the squad to get older without enough refreshing being done whilst that's happened. The midfield is a massive issue.

BerryBerryShrew

I don't think you did exploit us that much though, you didn't need to. 30% possession and fewer shots but you did more with the ball than we did. The main point of your game plan was to make sure we weren't able to settle in midfield and to limit space for our forward players to exploit, whilst ensuring that you made counter attacks and pushes forward count. Your possession was similar to Palace's last week.

It was actually an Ole-esque performance from us to be honest.

binary bot
Said at the start of the season it'll be interesting to see how they cope with an aging team conflicting with their high energy approach. They need fresh legs badly

R'hllor

Think he will need some time to tune that squad a bit, hopefully i am wrong and they crush and burn but yea

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Said at the start of the season it'll be interesting to see how they cope with an aging team conflicting with their high energy approach. They need fresh legs badly
They're really missing Jota badly, sort of player who is direct and can pop up with big goals while they transition their attack.

Thought this would be a better game to put Firmino in than Nunez but he was terrible aswell and looked gassed after an hour.

They'll be 10-15 points off Man. City this season.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
They looked old, tired and lacking cutting edge.

But they are missing so many key players that its difficult to really judge. No team will look good without two of their best four forwards, arguably their three best midfielders (Fabinho played as a sub but looked physically off), and their 2nd and 3rd best CBs. Its like City playing without Haaland, Grealish, KDB, Gundogan, Laporte, or Stones and only able to bring a not fit Rodri off the bench.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
They're really missing Jota badly, sort of player who is direct and can pop up with big goals while they transition their attack.

Thought this would be a better game to put Firmino in than Nunez but he was terrible aswell and looked gassed after an hour.

They'll be 10-15 points off Man. City this season.
I've thought for a while that Firmino is done as far as this Liverpool team goes. He offers very little and we've moved away from the false 9 approach.

Someone

Something
Why would there be? Do you expect people to be calling for him to be sacked considering where he's taken Liverpool since he arrived in 2015? He has credit in the bank.

He does put too much faith in players who aren't good enough though.
Agree. This is not on him, and I'm sure Liverpool will bounce soon, but he needs to be backed more. Liverpool need to add 2 or 3 quality players to refresh the team. Right now injuries set the team back big time.

Jev

Because he’s had a world class side for a long time now and it’s one league title. You can even say there’s times you’re better than City yet it’s one league title.
That shouldn’t be good enough. There should be pressure to win league and CL titles now, you and City are (were) clearly the best two teams in the world for a while now
And twice they've gotten over 90 points which normally would be enough to walk the league. But they happen to be up against the best ever Premier League side who has heavily outspent them. I'm buzzing with today's win but there's no reason to use it to belittle Klopp's achievements at Liverpool, he's been outstanding and obviously has credit in the bank, as did Fergie (and no, I'm not saying he's on the same level as Fergie).

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

It reminded me a bit of the season you scraped top four (I think it was) where it seemed like all you did was have Alexander-Arnold and Robertson cross it but not much else. Most teams can handle that most of the time.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
It reminded me a bit of the season you scraped top four (I think it was) where it seemed like all you did was have Alexander-Arnold and Robertson cross it but not much else. Most teams can handle that most of the time.
I think that was the season we won the league.

cyberman

And twice they've gotten over 90 points which normally would be enough to walk the league. But they happen to be up against the best ever Premier League side who has heavily outspentthem. I'm buzzing with today's win but there's no reason to use it to belittle Klopp's achievements at Liverpool, he's been outstanding and obviously has credit in the bank, as did Fergie (and no, I'm not saying he's on the same level as Fergie).
Well the challenge is to get over 90 as well? Maybe not be 14 points behind at Christmas like last season then blame it all on City being so good when they lose the title?
They have gotten there twice but they did win it once with that total. It’s like 2 out of 8 seasons or however long he’s been there.
I don’t see Pep laying down free from pressure because Liverpool are so good.l themselves. They push themselves to be better than Liverpool. Klopp isn’t able to do that. SAF continually got to 89 odd points for the latter period of his career and he had arguably worse personnel than Klopp.
Winning the league isn’t meant to be easy.
I’d start to question if another top manager might have a better chance to topple Pep than Klopp