Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Losing Mane is huge for them, the goals he scored were so often winners in tight games or goals that turned the direction of a game. Salah great as he is scores a lot of goals when games are already won.

Vapor trail

Losing Mane is huge for them, the goals he scored were so often winners in tight games or goals that turned the direction of a game. Salah great as he is scores a lot of goals when games are already won.
He also wasn't adequately replaced. I think Nunez is a good prospect despite the trolling but they need a more established wide forward to help stretch the teams. Jota could potentially be that player but he's a quality centre forward imo.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Interestingly Jota has the largest number of game deciding goals since signing, more so than Mane.

Nights

Said at the start of the season it'll be interesting to see how they cope with an aging team conflicting with their high energy approach. They need fresh legs badly
Klopp will order an increased dosage of everyone’s inhalers next match. That’ll get them running faster for a while…

BerryBerryShrew

And twice they've gotten over 90 points which normally would be enough to walk the league. But they happen to be up against the best ever Premier League side who has heavily outspent them. I'm buzzing with today's win but there's no reason to use it to belittle Klopp's achievements at Liverpool, he's been outstanding and obviously has credit in the bank, as did Fergie (and no, I'm not saying he's on the same level as Fergie).
Not even close. Our 98/99 side and our 08/09 sides were both better and you could make an argument for the Cantona vintage being better too. Also Mourinho's first Chelsea side and Wenger's invincibles were better.

UDontMessWith24

If the match continues until Liverpool score two more goals they win. Not having it the FA is in United's pocket.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Liverpool could very well be on an off-cycle season.

The narrative has been that they're brushing aside all before them and (nearly) winning everything, but it's only the season before last they were relying on their fecking keeper scoring 95th minute winners against West Brom to sneak top 4.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Interestingly Jota has the largest number of game deciding goals since signing, more so than Mane.
I still don't know why Klopp went away from the false-9 type that he had when Firmino was in his prime. Jota and Nunez are certainly not that. Having a creator through the middle so Salah can make those runs in behind makes the attack much more dangerous.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Liverpool could very well be on an off-cycle season.

The narrative has been that they're brushing aside all before them and (nearly) winning everything, but it's only the season before last they were relying on their fecking keeper scoring 95th minute winners against West Brom to sneak top 4.
The signs were there last season already.
Klopp have pushed them to their limit already. And then the CL final loss, league loss, Mane loss. They’re done. I’ve Said it before the season and I say it again - Liverpool wont make top 4.

Theonas

Scout
It was always weird how the media created this narrative that in Darwin, Liverpool got themselves some super star. The media just couldn't resist the comparison to Haaland, they love to build these rivalries. I am not saying Darwin won't be a success but there is no reason now to consider him as anything other than potential. The dude had one good season in Portugal and he was supposed to replace Mané and dominate the PL on his first season. He still might do it but that would be quite an achievement for someone of his CV.

Normally speaking, one player should not affect things this much but in their case, they rely so much on the movement, dynamism and efficacy of their front line, their midfield does not contribute creatively which puts the onus on that front line and full backs to create and score. They remind me of us in the mid '00s when we were criticized for our midfield and how it wasn't as creative or clinical as Chelsea or even Liverpool's at the time. Barcelona under Enrique were a bit similar too. Basically, Liverpool have to recreate the front three chemistry that was essential for them, it's more than just Mané, it's how that trio worked together. Diaz and Darwin have to learn fast and in the meanwhile, when you are not dominating as much, your defense will naturally be more exposed and make more mistakes. I might be biased but I would be very surprised if Liverpool mount a title challenge this year.

Loon

:lol:
Klopp have pushed them to their limit already. And then the CL final loss, league loss, Mane loss. They’re done. I’ve Said it before the season and I say it again - Liverpool wont make top 4.
Your lips to the football gods’ ears, but I fear he will get them going again soon. He’s a massive gobshite and people fall for his calculated attempts to curry favour, but when it goes against him he reverts to type.

RedChisel

So let me get this straight. The perfect conditions for Klopp to win are a dry but not dry pitch, no wind, no injuries for the opposition and infinite time. Anything I'm missing?

Walters_19_MuFc

Has anyone mentioned him putting his hand around Bruno's throat? People will say it was done in a jokingly fashion but looked very aggressive to me.

Reminded me of this:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Has anyone mentioned him putting his hand around Bruno's throat? People will say it was done in a jokingly fashion but looked very aggressive to me.

Reminded me of this:

I’d press charges if I was Bruno. Attempted murder that.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
It's not that they don't have Mane, they didn't have Jota, Nunez, Thiago, Alex Oxlade, Naby, Curtis, Konate, Matip and had a half fit Fabinho. It's a squad affected by injuries right now.

Gopher Brown

Reminded me of this:

Do you want a foight? If you want a foight then that's a foight that I will win.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Reminded me of this:

I hate klopp as much as the next guy but you must of had a few drinks because there was absolutely no malice in that :lol:

BerryBerryShrew

I'm not so sure. What makes City lesser than them 5? Genuine question.
The eye test mainly. City have great squad depth but their first 11 is nowhere near as good as any of those sides. People get a bit carried away by points totals and a bit of recency bias. I'd fancy all those sides against this current Citeh team. And all those sides would post ridiculous points totals if they were playing today.

Tiki-Taka

The eye test mainly. City have great squad depth but their first 11 is nowhere near as good as any of those sides. People get a bit carried away by points totals and a bit of recency bias. I'd fancy all those sides against this current Citeh team. And all those sides would post ridiculous points totals if they were playing today.
How? The league is more competitive now?

Witchking

Signs were there last season? They were on target for a quadraple. Missed the league by a point and lost the cl final. This type of hyperbole with Liverpool is always on wherever they drop points.

They will be in the title run as usual.

BerryBerryShrew

Klopp went from loving him when Bruno played Liverpool as a Sporting player in pre season to this :lol:
In fairness, Bruno is an annoying enough fecker and he plays for us! I can only imagine how much his constant diving, whining and exaggerating all contact must irritate oppo fans and managers.