Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Who was the guy who said he was a fraud and he couldn't wait til he got found out when he was hired? :lol:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I bet none of them (With the exception if Martial) would excel under Klopp. His extreme pressing system will show them all lacking and he would replace them.

The reason why Liverpool have adapted so well to it is because Rodgers (When they came 2nd) had them playing at a similar intensity and the other players have played in similar systems.
It's strange how many people are ready to overlook the Rodgers thing, I have seen Liverpool play this style a lot over the last couple of years. At the moment with the confidence everything is going in so I would like to see how they react after a few blips.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Is this still the 'honeymoon bump' or has Klopp actually made them so much better so quickly? Im still not sure whether its Klopp the genius or because Rodgers had lost the team so badly, they were in a massively false position.

Either way, looks like they struck gold with this appointment and things will only get better, especially after a few transfer windows.

Personally Im glad, The premier league is always more alluring with a strong Liverpool and it makes our rivalry that much more enjoyable.

It also puts a lot of focus onto Van Gaal. Im sure the United board will notice how quickly and cheaply Klopp has turned Liverpool's fortunes and will ask LVG why he cannot do the same.

Skills

Snitch
Is he that inflexible?
Took him until February last season to give Herrera a regular starting berth - which resulted in a 6 game winning run to seal top 4. Still managed to drop him in time for pre-season :lol:

Boycott

Everyone including SAF knew they finally got a very good manager. And tbh I have seen Liverpool play such pressing and passing football before. He is not doing anything magical. Both City and Southampton played into his hands. Extremely naive.
I wish teams play into our hands :(

The philosophy keeps them in the game long enough to come away with points :boring::boring::boring::boring::boring::boring::boring::boring:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Has to be one of Guardiola or Ancelotti. We're complete fecking idiots, if we pass up on either one of them if they're available for another season of Van Gaal.
Thats the thing, we have to go for the very best.

Our best success came because we had one of the best managers in the game. Now, we are just like everyone else, we have to get that competitive advantage again.

Hopefully Woody sees that.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
It's strange how many people are ready to overlook the Rodgers thing, I have seen Liverpool play this style a lot over the last couple of years. At the moment with the confidence everything is going in so I would like to see how they react after a few blips.
I was serious. :) I was impressed with Rodgers. But the pressure of losing the title after slippy...ahhhhhhh :lol: think really got to him.
The problem with Rodger, which won't be as big a problem here though, is that he lost his identity as a manager.

At Swansea, his teams were much more methodical, patiently probing with the ball and suffocating their opponent with possession. Lots of passing from side to side and wing play to pull the opponent out of position to great passing lanes for their forwards. Essentially what LVG is trying to achieve (But much more exciting). When he went to Liverpool, they weren't equipped to play that game. He figured this out early on and started developing parts of the team to make them better equipped, mainly their pressing. Then, in his second season, with an inspired Suarez carrying them, he started playing a similar game to Klopp at Dortmund. He made his tactics more forwards based, winning the ball up the pitch as high and as quickly as possible and then using the space left by the opposition for his forwards to move into with precise one-two passing. This is what got them to 2nd two years ago.

The problem was, once they got into the CL and I do believe the fallout from the Chelsea game really affected him, Rodgers didn't feel like he could rely on that system any more. With midweek games, teams seemingly figuring out how to deal with it and his teams fragile defence (Along with Suarez leaving) Rodgers felt he couldn't effectively implement that system anymore. However, he also didn't want to let go of that system as it had got him so much success. That left him in-between two styles, the slower more methodical patient build up of his Swansea team or the fast paced frantic attacking game of his Liverpool side. He ended up choosing bits of both and losing what made each of those styles so effective.

Klopp won't have this dilemma. He is 100% assured in his system. Fortunately, he doesn't have a Suarez doing so much for his team in terms of individual skill and as a catalyst for pressing. There are also question marks over how his teams react to low blocks and less adventurous teams that allow little space in-between the lines.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
When Emre Can starts doing outside of the foot passes resulting in a goal, you're a genius. :lol:

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
When Emre Can starts doing outside of the foot passes resulting in a goal, you're a genius. :lol:
I like Emre Can. Just being played as a RB when you are a CM is stupid.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Rodgers bought very well but was a clueless manager. The difference this squad is producing under a visionary like Klopp is telling.
I don't know if he bought very well, but these players are definitely much better than what rodgers got from them.

Even Lovren.

Libano

I am thinking that Michael Laudrup could make a difference for us, too. Him, Simeoni, Ancelotti or Pep. I feel like Van Gaal has already lost the dressing room.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I am thinking that Michael Laudrup could make a difference for us, too. Him, Simeoni, Ancelotti or Pep. I feel like Van Gaal has already lost the dressing room.
all these so called 'leaks' worry me. I hope they are newspaper generated, but the fact Rooney and Carrick did go to see him says otherwise. There probabaly are more. If he Has lost the dressing room, I would not give him another year.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Is this still the 'honeymoon bump' or has Klopp actually made them so much better so quickly? Im still not sure whether its Klopp the genius or because Rodgers had lost the team so badly, they were in a massively false position.
I think it's a bit of both. You do see a surge in results after a change sometimes, and the league has not had time to counterplan against Klopp's tendencies. There are some bright minds out there to battle with him. Still I'm impressed at what he has done so far. Jealous as well.

Blackwidow

I think it's a bit of both. You do see a surge in results after a change sometimes, and the league has not had time to counterplan against Klopp's tendencies. There are some bright minds out there to battle with him. Still I'm impressed at what he has done so far. Jealous as well.
One thing Klopp really is great in in motivation. His work is mainly the work against the ball (Gegenpressing is the best playmaker) with a lot of energy and workrate and the way he can motivate a group of people.

A team like Liverpool who was not one of the top dogs the recent season and that does not have many stars is actually ideal for him and he will surely have success.

I still do not think he would be the ideal coach for a real top team - but is great to put a team that might see itself as an underdog (in comparison to the top 4) into a title competitor. It can work as long as he can persuade the team to work together and that none is the superstar - and as long the motivation still works (that time frame is somehow limited)

Varun

Staff
The state of this thread :lol:
To be expected. Klopp is a top manager and half the forum was desperate to get him on board after Sir Alex. The timing didn't work out obviously. Now he's moved to out biggest rivals. A lot of us said that he'd do great there especially with their performances even if the results take longer while the other half played him down, someone even called him a fraud.

He's just delivering what's I always expected of him. His Dortmund team were the most entertaining side to watch in Europe at their peak. Given time, he'll make Liverpool the most entertaining team to watch in England. Trophies might take longer but feck it, you want to be entertained, Trophies can wait for a while.

RedDevil@84

Awesome display to blow Sou'ton away. If he could keep this on, we are in for a good fight with Pool.
Btw.. It was funny to see some papers throw Kane out of England NT, now that Sturridge is back with a bang in 1 match.

kps88

Off topic, but it annoys me we never got to experience this "honeymoon period" when a new manager comes in and everyone plays a bit better. I'm not sure why neither Moyes nor LVG got that.

RedDevil@84

Off topic, but it annoys me we never got to experience this "honeymoon period" when a new manager comes in and everyone plays a bit better. I'm not sure why neither Moyes nor LVG got that.
It is not in their philosophy to do so.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
To be expected. Klopp is a top manager and half the forum was desperate to get him on board after Sir Alex. The timing didn't work out obviously. Now he's moved to out biggest rivals. A lot of us said that he'd do great there especially with their performances even if the results take longer while the other half played him down, someone even called him a fraud.

He's just delivering what's I always expected of him. His Dortmund team were the most entertaining side to watch in Europe at their peak. Given time, he'll make Liverpool the most entertaining team to watch in England. Trophies might take longer but feck it, you want to be entertained, Trophies can wait for a while.
Exactly. Good post.

I am one of his biggest fans, and even I didn't think that he would be able to get results from the get go. He is a top manager and is only showing his quality. I don't for a second believe that he would win them the title this season, there will be ups and downs,but if he gets them in the top 4, then it will be a job well done.

The amount of people that hate him just because there are people who recognize his quality is mind boggling. Like it's not a forum to discuss football but a contest between different posters.

Devil81

Either way, looks like they struck gold with this appointment and things will only get better, especially after a few transfer windows.

Personally Im glad, The premier league is always more alluring with a strong Liverpool and it makes our rivalry that much more enjoyable.

It also puts a lot of focus onto Van Gaal. Im sure the United board will notice how quickly and cheaply Klopp has turned Liverpool's fortunes and will ask LVG why he cannot do the same.

I think they already had the players myself, Rodgers just simply wasn't getting the best out a pretty decent squad. If they swap the keeper and bring in another centre back, then I think they're in business, I fully expect Klopp to get the best out of his two Brazilian stars.

NJM78

As we all know he is one of the top modern managers (I would have loved to have him here instead of LvG) he also has some very good players at his disposal when all fit. I'm not too surprised by how the team seems to have had a resurgence of confidence under him. He plays players in their correct positions and has them playing quickly with plenty of movement. Rodgers had lost the plot slightly and the players trust it seemed.

I think they will challenge us for 4th (maybe 3rd with Chelsea having so much catching up to do), always have, predicted this before season started and even if they had kept Rodgers I would have thought the same. With Klopp they also now have the added appeal when entering the market. I think if he buys well next summer they can be challengers again although I still think City are the team to beat and will be for the foreseeable future especially if we keep van Gaal for next season.

As for this season they will have indifferent games for sure but they are heading in the right way. Sucks balls to be honest!

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Awesome display to blow Sou'ton away. If he could keep this on, we are in for a good fight with Pool.
Btw.. It was funny to see some papers throw Kane out of England NT, now that Sturridge is back with a bang in 1 match.
It's because he is a better player.

I'd hope they'd have thrown Rooney out first though. Kane is streets ahead of him.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Moyes did have a honeymoon period.

Except, his honeymoon period was essentially muscle memory from Ferguson's time on the part of the players.

I also don't think this is a honeymoon period really. For a manager of klopp's quality, there were low hanging fruits to pick with this team by organising the defence and making them play coherent football going forwards. The level of these players were being dragged down by Rodgers' management over his last 14 months.

Treble

The notion of a honeymoon period may apply to lesser managers but when it comes to the best ones it's normal to expect more and more positive effects over time, at least over 2-3 years. Liverpool are a serious contender for a top 4 place and may turn out to be even a title contender if they win 4 of their next 5 games which doesn't seem impossible right now. Their home form hasn't been good. If they manage to keep Sturridge fit, and that's a big IF, they will be strong at home too, particularly with having Henderson in their midfield again.

NK86

I bet none of them (With the exception if Martial) would excel under Klopp. His extreme pressing system will show them all lacking and he would replace them.

The reason why Liverpool have adapted so well to it is because Rodgers (When they came 2nd) had them playing at a similar intensity and the other players have played in similar systems.
That is utter utter nonsense. You think the likes of Herrera, Schneiderlin, Depay, even Rooney won't be able to learn how to press as a collective unit?