Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Judas

Open to offers
So much nonsense, give it a rest. When people on here are having to defend Liverpool and Klopp you know you've gone off the deep end. Rafa and Houllier better than Klopp :lol:

MUW4Eva

1. They are definitely not out of the top 4 race, but need to start winning soon as anything above 9 pts becomes very difficult to overturn.
2. VVD is not terribly poor, he's just not what he once was.
3. They have Fabinho, without seeing him much this season he's definitely still a top DM.
4. Klopp is an excellent manager, let's be real.

The title is gone for them but under Klopp they have in past put together a 10-15 game win streak. If they do anything like that then I expect them to be in the top 4. I dislike them and their fans as much as anyone but let's at least be honest.

Confidence and belief are absolutely huge at this level. It's what Arsenal this year as opposed to in the past. Missing out as they did last season definitely took it's toll but I expect that once they get a couple of good performances in they will go on a run and the doomsday scenario you describe will (sadly) be wide of the reality.
As for your points:-

1) They are out of the top four race the sides above them are just better then them.
Please by all means say who they are better than, if you think that they could finish ahead of Arsenal/City/ourselves/Chelsea/Spurs/Newcastle??
2) That is the point, he is now a shadow of the player he once was, he is a liability for them at the back playing him actually hurts them now.
3) Fabinho isn't a good player anymore, he offers little to no protection to a very fragile defence, hence all of the goals that they have conceded.
4) Klopp was very good, note past tense, of was, all managers have a shelf life, and his has now past.

No chance of them putting a 10-15 game winning steak, please by all means, have a look at their respective fixtures, and point put to me where this could possibly happen, if you honestly believe they can do that....
Please be honest here, their fixtures do no allow for such a run like what you describe.

MUW4Eva

So much nonsense, give it a rest. When people on here are having to defend Liverpool and Klopp you know you've gone off the deep end. Rafa and Houllier better than Klopp :lol:
Sooo are we saying that winning 3 trophies in one season isn't good??

Remember the geese

Their *title* was in a period where people were thinking about anything but football, about just waking up and being alive, and having family members not be dead especially older ones, so yeah, their *title* does have to be put to one side, as it isn't a proper league win, not like the other league titles that have been won by other clubs.

Rafa achieved more and so did Houllier, no doubt about that, Houllier won three trophies in one season!
What is the most that Klopp has won in a season?? 1 isn't it?? Hardly that impressive a feat.

Klopp is just soooo overhyped, his time at Dortmund was far more impressive than his time at Liverpool.
He has spent the GDP of a country to what, to win one cup under normal circumstances??

Sorry, but that isn't good enough to be put alongside Rafa or Houllier.

This season they have run out of steam, it was boom or bust, last season, and thankfully it was bust, and now they are paying the price for overpaying on Salah's contract (why on earth did they not sell hom when they had the chance??) and undercutting on Mane's contract, and have paid out far too much money on Darwin.

Their style has changed to accommodate Darwin, and it has backfired hugely on them.

No chance, zero, nada, zip, that they push for a top 4 place this season, as the sides above them, are just far superior to them.
I'm pretty sure that Liverpool were 22 points clear with 9 games to play, before football stopped due to Covid. Regardless of the interruption and changes it brought about, Liverpool were always winning that title. To diminish it is just extremely childish.

Klopp has done a far better job than Benitez or Houllier. To claim otherwise, is simply embarrassing. Neither of the latter two were ever close to turning Liverpool into a side who could consistently challenge for the title over a prolonged period. As for Klopp being overhyped, he is a top class manager. In my view, not as good as Pep, however he is still right up there in the top 2 or 3 in the world. This shouldn't need to be said.

Yes, they aren't in a good place right now and you can question recent decisions they have made regarding recruitment and renewals. However, as of now they are still firmly in the race for top 4. More than any of the other contenders for 4th, they have proven in the past that they can go on a run of winning 10-15 games in a row. It may or may not happen this time, but it's still far too early and they are still within touch. Also, as bad as they are at the moment, I wouldn't say that us, Spurs or Chelsea look "far superior to them". A Chelsea side who have recently sacked their manager.

MUFC OK

Ex-players are starting to turn on him.
Klopp has earnt a free pass, certainly for this season at least and I'm sure their board and fans will see it that way. Some people in football have short memories. The only way I see him leaving in the next couple of years is if he decides it's time for a break from football, which wouldn't be hugely surprising and he certainly cuts the figure of a man who is feeling the strain at present.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Hamman is one of the worst of our ex-players. Think of the worst of your ex-players that talk about Utd. That's Didi for us.

MUW4Eva

I'm pretty sure that Liverpool were 22 points clear with 9 games to play, before football stopped due to Covid. Regardless of the interruption and changes it brought about, Liverpool were always winning that title. To diminish it is just extremely childish.

Klopp has done a far better job than Benitez or Houllier. To claim otherwise, is simply embarrassing. Neither of the latter two were ever close to turning Liverpool into a side who could consistently challenge for the title over a prolonged period. As for Klopp being overhyped, he is a top class manager. In my view, not as good as Pep, however he is still right up there in the top 2 or 3 in the world. This shouldn't need to be said.

Yes, they aren't in a good place right now and you can question recent decisions they have made regarding recruitment and renewals. However, as of now they are still firmly in the race for top 4. More than any of the other contenders for 4th, they have proven in the past that they can go on a run of winning 10-15 games in a row. It may or may not happen this time, but it's still far too early and they are still within reach. Also, as bad as they are at the moment, I wouldn't say that us, Spurs or Chelsea look "far superior to them". A Chelsea side who have recently sacked their manager.

Please by all means, inform me/educate me/help me out, when looking at their fixtures for this Premier League season, from now until the end of the season, at which point could they win the 10-15 games, that you claim that they are capable of doing so??
I look at them, and I can't see a period where that is possible, but if you can find a period, then please as I say, point that period out to me.....I am genuinely curious as to when that could be.....

As for previous managers, unless I an mistaken, Rafa finished above us with Sir Alex in charge, for me that was a bigger achievement, then winning a title under very dubious circumstances, as Sir Alex is the greatest manager of all time.

Houiller won three trophies in one season, that was and still remains a hugely successful season for them, or indeed any club.
Klopp, unless I am also mistaken here, has only won one trophy tops in a season with Liverpool, so not sure how only winning one trophy in a season is better than winning three in a season.....

The fact that they are currently closer to the relegation zone that a Champions League place says it all really, in terms of their quality this season.
They are not the side of past seasons, they are finished, this notion that they are the same side of two or three years ago is crazy, they really miss Mane big time, and a fit and healthy van Dijk, sadly for them, they are forever going to be without both.

redcucumber

Weird for an ex scouser and fellow German to be vociferously lighting the matches to start the fire against Klopp. Great, though. A proper trouncing against City would be swell.

Remember the geese

Hamann always comes across as quite negative/realistic regarding Liverpool. It is a welcomed change from what we often hear from their ex players. I can imagine he must be pretty unpopular with their fans.

Big Andy

Bloke
Is Klopp ill? He looks gaunt and a bit yellow in his post match interviews and seems to have lost a bit of weight as well.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Hamann always comes across as quite negative/realistic regarding Liverpool. It is a welcomed change from what we often hear from their ex players. I can imagine he must be pretty unpopular with their fans.
It's not specific to Liverpool. Hamann is one of the worst pundits you can find and he likes to stir things up at any club. Guarantees that he gets attention, no matter how stupid his take might be.

Bosws87

Fatal error of not refreshing the team over a good number of years and sticking with them, you can't expect the same players to keep pushing like they have been year in year out especially when there rewards are minimal/nothing because the opposition is machine like and no matter how great you are they are still one step ahead.

Then they bring in the best form goalscorer on the planet to improve even more the liverpool players will be sat thinking what do we have to possibly do to beat these guys, i'm sure even pep said himself the most important aspect to staying on top is refreshing the team keeping the hunger.

MUFC OK

Is Klopp ill? He looks gaunt and a bit yellow in his post match interviews and seems to have lost a bit of weight as well.
I've been thinking this since the weekend. It's a look some will be familiar with but don't feel comfortable speculating on it out of respect.

Could be stress/exhaustion due to the start this season and the generally intense schedule over the past 18 months.

MUW4Eva

Fatal error of not refreshing the team over a good number of years and sticking with them, you can't expect the same players to keep pushing like they have been year in year out especially when there rewards are minimal/nothing because the opposition is machine like and no matter how great you are they are still one step ahead.

Then they bring in the best form goalscorer on the planet to improve even more the liverpool players will be sat thinking what do we have to possibly do to beat these guys, i'm sure even pep said himself the most important aspect to staying on top is refreshing the team keeping the hunger.
That is what Sir Alex did (pre Glazers), it is just sensible policy.

Liverpool hold onto players for far too long, why on earth is Salah still there for example?
They should have sold him when he had maximum value, but they didn't, and they are now suffering by holding onto him.

MUFC OK

That is what Sir Alex did (pre Glazers), it is just sensible policy.

Liverpool hold onto players for far too long, why on earth is Salah still there for example?
They should have sold him when he had maximum value, but they didn't, and they are now suffering by holding onto him.
You've got to be kidding? He scored 31 goals last season.

Selling last summer would have been a rogue shout, especially when his contract was running out and 'maximum value' would not have been attainable. No offence but most of your posts on this thread are a tad hyperbolic in my opinion.

MUW4Eva

You've got to be kidding? He scored 31 goals last season.

Selling last summer would have been a rogue shout, especially when his contract was running out and 'maximum value' would not have been attainable. No offence but most of your posts on this thread are a tad hyperbolic in my opinion.
Please as I have said before, point out which parts are "hyperbolic" or "over the top"??

They are 4 points off a relegation zone place, so that shows that they are not exactly in good form or doing well.

Not selling Salah when he was at maximum sale value and holding onto him for too long was a huge error.
He is looking like a shadow of the player he once was, but now he has a huge contract thst no other club will be looking to get close to matching, nevermind looking to increase, so they are very much stuck with him.

MUFC OK

Please as I have said before, point out which parts are "hyperbolic" or "over the top"??

They are 4 points off a relegation zone place, so that shows that they are not exactly in good form or doing well.

Not selling Salah when he was at maximum sale value and holding onto him for too long was a huge error.
He is looking like a shadow of the player he once was, but now he has a huge contract thst no other club will be looking to get close to matching, nevermind looking to increase, so they are very much stuck with him.
Houllier and Benitez being a bigger success than Klopp.

Them not having a DM when they have Fabinho.

VVD being a "terribly poor defender".

That they have "no redeemable qualities in their side".

That they should have sold Salah - btw when was Salah at maximum sale value? Definitely not last summer with 1 yr on his contract so the year before? He had a pretty good season last time out.

MUW4Eva

Houllier and Benitez being a bigger success than Klopp.

Them not having a DM when they have Fabinho.

VVD being a "terribly poor defender".

That they have "no redeemable qualities in their side".

That they should have sold Salah - btw when was Salah at maximum sale value? Definitely not last summer with 1 yr on his contract so the year before? He had a pretty good season last time out.
Winning 3 trophies in a single season, is better than winning one, especially if that one is win under unbelievably tragic and strange circumstances.
So Houllier certainly was a bigger/better/more successful manager for Liverpool than Klopp has been.

Rafa also won the Champions League with Liverpool, and against a much tougher side, so Rafa definitely deserves to be rated/thought of far more highly than Klopp as a respective Liverpool manager.

Fabinho isn't all that good as a DM, if he was, then please do explain how they have conceded the goals that they have this season, same goes for van Dijk, please point to me when he has had a good game, or even back to back good games this season??

Which players are or have redeemable qualities, of you disagree with what I have said in or with that particular part??

When Real Madrid were interested in buying Salah was the best time to have sold him, now who is likely to want to sign him?
Him and his new contract are a major issue for Liverpool, as they are not going to be able to offload him or get rid of that contract any time soon.

Judas

Open to offers
Winning 3 trophies in a single season, is better than winning one, especially if that one is win under unbelievably tragic and strange circumstances.
So Houllier certainly was a bigger/better/more successful manager for Liverpool than Klopp has been.

Rafa also won the Champions League with Liverpool, and against a much tougher side, so Rafa definitely deserves to be rated/thought of far more highly than Klopp as a respective Liverpool manager.

Fabinho isn't all that good as a DM, if he was, then please do explain how they have conceded the goals that they have this season, same goes for van Dijk, please point to me when he has had a good game, or even back to back good games this season??

Which players are or have redeemable qualities, of you disagree with what I have said in or with that particular part??

When Real Madrid were interested in buying Salah was the best time to have sold him, now who is likely to want to sign him?
Him and his new contract are a major issue for Liverpool, as they are not going to be able to offload him or get rid of that contract any time soon.
This sort of shite deserves to be quoted and laughed at on RAWK. How you genuinely believe this is so bizarre.

Josh 76

After wining the PL, the team needed refreshing. They have had 5 good months since they won the title. That has papered over the cracks big time. It was Mane who carried the team in the latter part of last season and he was the one they got rid of.

Not sure Klopp has it in him to start a new rebuild. Seems like their glory years are over. When people look back in years to come, they will see Klopps era pissed on by Pep!

Last edited:

Bosws87

I think anyone that competes with City without being backed by an oil state and takes them to within a point or very close every season considering the financial backing available to liverpool is a better job then most of the other trophies post premier league liverpool managers have won.

To win a premier league now in it's current state is harder then ever if you aren't bankrolled by a country, that deserves respect, this is of course ignoring the fact he also won the champions league.

SAFMUTD

Hopefully Liverpool are stupid enough to fire him/let him go.

Virgil's, Fabinho's and Salah's poor form are costing them. But to erase them from top 4 fight would be dumb. It only takes one thing to click and they can go back to the team they were.

MUW4Eva

This sort of shite deserves to be quoted and laughed at on RAWK. How you genuinely believe this is so bizarre.
Huh??

The job that Houllier did there was quite remarkable to be fair to him, he definitely goes under the radar a lot when talking about successful managers from years gone by.

Winning three trophies in one season is a huge achievement, no matter how you look or view it.
Look at how much money City have thrown at their project, and I think they have only done it once I think, and even then, Liverpool's under Houllier included a European trophy (in an unbelievably entertaining game against Alaves).

So why is there this seeming desire to downplay Houllier especially and what he achieved there??

Drizzle

Houiller won three trophies in one season, that was and still remains a hugely successful season for them, or indeed any club.
Klopp, unless I am also mistaken here, has only won one trophy tops in a season with Liverpool, so not sure how only winning one trophy in a season is better than winning three in a season.....
Most of what you're writing in this thread is hyperbolic nonsense but this one takes the cake.

First of all, to see Klopp winning more than one trophy in a season, we have to reach back... all of 5 months...

Secondly, the league trumps all other trophies apart from the CL. Evidence? Again, see 5 months ago.

This is the same crap we were hearing a couple of seasons ago when apparently they had no chance of top 4. They finished 3rd in the end, infuriatingly.

Seems like many observers forget that seasons are long and things can change. Of course, if they continue to play as they are doing they'll come somewhere between 5th and 10th. But that won't necessarily happen and I've seen in-season recoveries far more dramatic than this would be, with much worse players and managers. We'll see... Much depends on luck and fitness.

redcucumber

Huh??

The job that Houllier did there was quite remarkable to be fair to him, he definitely goes under the radar a lot when talking about successful managers from years gone by.

Winning three trophies in one season is a huge achievement, no matter how you look or view it.
Look at how much money City have thrown at their project, and I think they have only done it once I think, and even then, Liverpool's under Houllier included a European trophy (in an unbelievably entertaining game against Alaves).

So why is there this seeming desire to downplay Houllier especially and what he achieved there??
Seriously, give it up. Houllier is not a bigger manager for Liverpool than Klopp.

BarryWinks

Looks like it to me as well. Couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right with him health wise. Hope he's okay.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
he has more than earned the right to dismantle that team and start afresh. Liverpool will not find a better manager. If this kind of shit happened here, I would be bricking it at the thought of us sacking him.

Judas

Open to offers
Huh??

So why is there this seeming desire to downplay Klopp especially and what he achieve there??

MUFC OK

Houllier never won the PL/CL though, and Klopp won more than one trophy last season alone.. :lol:

Fabinho was excellent with Thiago last season, 9 games into this season so time for him to show that form again.

Their fullbacks are still two on the best in the world going forward. Diaz is still an asset, they have a top goalkeeper and writing off Salah is premature. I think there would still be buyers for Salah on those wages, albeit for a lower transfer fee.

Quite an achievement to have several posters defending Liverpool to an extent, so hats off to you for that. Kind of crazy how you are willingly writing off everything that has been good about them for the last few years. I'd like it all to be true but the season is still young.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is right in what he is saying though.
He is right in that there are problems and probably some have problems with the manager.
When you work with someone for seven years, hearing the same thing over and over again, the message becomes dull.
What Liverpool needed to do was back the manager and refresh the team. Not look for a new coach.
It is what this club allowed Fergie to do time and time again.

Mr. Robot

Klopp has spent a small fortune since being there. He gutted Rodgers’ squad, paid huge amounts for the likes of Allison, VVD and Nunez yet has always played the pauper.

The real truth is that the players have burned out, selling Mane was a bad idea, this season playing Salah out wide in no man’s land where he can’t score goals, his stubbornness in regards to playing a high defensive line with a terribly out of form VVD and he’s paid 100 billion for the Uruguayan Andy Carroll.

Tick tock, Klopp. I give him until Xmas and then they bring in Phil Thompson as caretaker.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Hamman is one of the worst of our ex-players. Think of the worst of your ex-players that talk about Utd. That's Didi for us.
Well, there are few. You only got Didi? You lucky buggers.
He got 10 yrs older in last couple of weeks.. Yes, seems like he lost weight, don't think he is ill, (hope not) just this season, performances, results, pressure...got to him.