Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Strootman's Finger

Huh??

The job that Houllier did there was quite remarkable to be fair to him, he definitely goes under the radar a lot when talking about successful managers from years gone by.

Winning three trophies in one season is a huge achievement, no matter how you look or view it.
Look at how much money City have thrown at their project, and I think they have only done it once I think, and even then, Liverpool's under Houllier included a European trophy (in an unbelievably entertaining game against Alaves).

So why is there this seeming desire to downplay Houllier especially and what he achieved there??
I get the point you are trying to make, and I wouldn't even necessarily say you are wrong, but it's not accurate. It's like trying to analyze a player totally based on stats, meaning you can't factor in any of the intangible assets a player brings. Yes Houllier and Rafa had similar silverware success, but during both of those managers Liverpool was considered a second tier club. They were not a club considered to be challenging on a consistent basis, they were poorer team that got the most out of what they had. They weren't attracting top talent and they weren't selling out merchandise all the time. Klopp, while he may have a meager, yet important, trophy haul he has transformed the club. Liverpool are now the top tier of football clubs in Europe, if there is a top talent available guarantee Liverpool is on that player's short list. The aura of the club has grown, their stature in the football world has grown. They're back to being one of the most supported clubs around, and I know in my day to day life that I am more likely to see a Liverpool shirt walking through the mall than a United shirt, and that has never been the case for me up until a couple years ago.

Klopp has had a major influence on the club, and will go down in the history books, whereas I think most Liverpool fans would prefer to forget the Houllier, and to a lesser extent, the Rafa days.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

He is disrespecting the legends at the club now. Guy has lost his marbles.

Speako

He is disrespecting the legends at the club now. Guy has lost his marbles.
Certainly look that way doesn’t it. Love to see it. Genuinely funny quotes from Klopp, beaten only by the Thread title.

Judas

Open to offers
That's a very sulky and salty response to Liverpool's greatest ever German player, and potential one of the all time greats in the history of sport.

Dead man walking.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
To be fair to Klopp, Didi Hamann as great as he was as a player is an absolute imbecile and a huge rent-a-quote, and should have stayed far away from punditry and he probably would have if he didn't piss all his money away.

Since Klopp probably knows him I can see why he gets irate.

But make no mistake about it, Klopp is slowly losing it as well

Mike Smalling

He’s always been quite testy with journalists after a bad result - even in their good seasons. Is this really something new?
My understanding is that Didi Hamann is a clown, and widely disliked for his punditry. Klopp isn’t dissing some random former Liverpool player.

Chief123

The writing off of Liverpool is ridiculous. They are easily the best side we have faced so far this season, and on a different day with a different ref could have won that game yesterday. They are only 6 points off top 4 with 90 points still to play for.

They are one of only two teams capable of going on a 15-20 game winning streak. I would be staggered if they didn't make top 4.
Yeah I wouldn’t write off Liverpool. However I’d say the team that smashed Arsenal 3-1 were probably harder opponents than Liverpool. Arsenal did well to not concede 6 that day.

Chief123

Enrique isn't happy with him either is he? Although he is one of the biggest idiots going.
Enrique is a Grade A Spanner on TikTok. He did a video saying he can’t understand why it wasn’t a red card against Martinelli because of his injury on Trent. Hasn't got the foggiest.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s a downward spiral from here. His whole shindig is about positive attitude and creating a siege mentality along with asking his players to give 110% every game.

You can see the positivity has been sucked out of him and that’s radiating through the squad.

You can also see he’s got a squad full of tired and broken players who look like they don’t have it in them to keep fighting any longer because the effort is just too much when they look around the dressing room and see others in the same frame of mind. The leaders they have are all on their last legs and struggling to lead by example.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
They thought they could squeeze one last season challenging for everything with this group and its just not happening. The big question is where they go from here. The Salah and Henderson contracts look like albatrosses already, several of their prime age players like Fabinho and Robertson seem really jaded from all the football they've played over the last few years, and they're in for some big turnover with Firmino, Keita, Ox, and Milner leaving on frees next summer and probably Thiago and Matip the summer after.

I wouldn't bet against Klopp building another really good team if he sticks around but he is going to need serious backing from FSG over the next couple windows. Two energetic CMs, a versatile dynamic forward, and an athletic defender who can play RCB or RB next summer and they may be back in business. But hitting the heights of the last cycle is going to be really difficult even with lots of backing as it ultimately rests on finding a few truly world class players in that bunch or having them emerge from the younger players on the current roster and its hard to bet on that.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What a fecking nutter to get that arsey about a comment so mundane.

Imagine him dealing with any actual criticism. :lol:
It's more about Hamann than the actual comment itself.

MUW4Eva

I get the point you are trying to make, and I wouldn't even necessarily say you are wrong, but it's not accurate. It's like trying to analyze a player totally based on stats, meaning you can't factor in any of the intangible assets a player brings. Yes Houllier and Rafa had similar silverware success, but during both of those managers Liverpool was considered a second tier club. They were not a club considered to be challenging on a consistent basis, they were poorer team that got the most out of what they had. They weren't attracting top talent and they weren't selling out merchandise all the time. Klopp, while he may have a meager, yet important, trophy haul he has transformed the club. Liverpool are now the top tier of football clubs in Europe, if there is a top talent available guarantee Liverpool is on that player's short list. The aura of the club has grown, their stature in the football world has grown. They're back to being one of the most supported clubs around, and I know in my day to day life that I am more likely to see a Liverpool shirt walking through the mall than a United shirt, and that has never been the case for me up until a couple years ago.

Klopp has had a major influence on the club, and will go down in the history books, whereas I think most Liverpool fans would prefer to forget the Houllier, and to a lesser extent, the Rafa days.

Errr.....Mbappe is supposedly available, and I would suggest that he is a "top talent", do you honestly think he would consider even for a moment, of joining Liverpool??

Be honest now....

Liverpool are not a top tier European club, no chance of that, they are at best in the second of third tier of clubs, they cannot attract the very best or the highest quality/calibre of players to the club, hence why they signed Darwin, and not a proper top class striker, as no top class striker would in their right mind wish to join them.

Look at Mane, he couldn't wait to get out of there quick enough.

The facts are simple, Houiller was and will remain a far more successful manager for Liverpool than Klopp, winning 3 trophies, including a European one, on one season, dwarfs what Klopp has achieved at Liverpool.

Rafa also had a hugely successful period as their manager, this notion that both were not successful when they were is very odd indeed.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Huh??

The job that Houllier did there was quite remarkable to be fair to him, he definitely goes under the radar a lot when talking about successful managers from years gone by.

Winning three trophies in one season is a huge achievement, no matter how you look or view it.
Look at how much money City have thrown at their project, and I think they have only done it once I think, and even then, Liverpool's under Houllier included a European trophy (in an unbelievably entertaining game against Alaves).

So why is there this seeming desire to downplay Houllier especially and what he achieved there??
Because luck can decide cup runs and league performance is a far better barometer of the quality of a team. Liverpool under Klopp have been far stronger in the league than they ever were under Houllier.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Errr.....Mbappe is supposedly available, and I would suggest that he is a "top talent", do you honestly think he would consider even for a moment, of joining Liverpool??

Be honest now....

Liverpool are not a top tier European club, no chance of that, they are at best in the second of third tier of clubs, they cannot attract the very best or the highest quality/calibre of players to the club, hence why they signed Darwin, and not a proper top class striker, as no top class striker would in their right mind wish to join them.

The facts are simple, Houiller was and will remain a far more successful manager for Liverpool than Klopp, winning 3 trophies, including a European one, on one season, dwarfs what Klopp has achieved at Liverpool.

Rafa also had a hugely successful period as their manager, this notion that both were not successful when they were is very odd indeed.
Ask any football fan if they'd trade a "plastic treble" for only the PL or UCL in any season....

Actually not sure if you're serious or just trolling. I'm sure Rafa and Houllier are seen as some levels of "successful" by Pool fans, but Klopp would rightfully go down as more successful.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nice to seem them struggling for a bit. Everything went a little too smoothly for them over the last few years.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That's a very sulky and salty response to Liverpool's greatest ever German player, and potential one of the all time greats in the history of sport.

Dead man walking.
Markus Babbel shits on Didi from a huge height.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
No chance, zero, nada, zip, that they push for a top 4 place this season, as the sides above them, are just far superior to them.
I am not a betting man, but if I were, I would bet they will finish above a lot of the sides above them, including Man Utd and they will still get in the top 4. They are 14 points behind Arsenal, but that gap won't be very big come May. They are in a bad moment, but that will change for certain. If they win at the weekend and you lose, there's 2 points in it.

I know they are hated here and I get that, and you are quite rightly loving the pile on, but people are so reactionary these days. They've lost twice so far, away to Arsenal and Man Utd, hardly embarrassing and I guarantee you they avenge both of those defeats at home.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
They thought they could squeeze one last season challenging for everything with this group and its just not happening. The big question is where they go from here. The Salah and Henderson contracts look like albatrosses already, several of their prime age players like Fabinho and Robertson seem really jaded from all the football they've played over the last few years, and they're in for some big turnover with Firmino, Keita, Ox, and Milner leaving on frees next summer and probably Thiago and Matip the summer after.

I wouldn't bet against Klopp building another really good team if he sticks around but he is going to need serious backing from FSG over the next couple windows. Two energetic CMs, a versatile dynamic forward, and an athletic defender who can play RCB or RB next summer and they may be back in business. But hitting the heights of the last cycle is going to be really difficult even with lots of backing as it ultimately rests on finding a few truly world class players in that bunch or having them emerge from the younger players on the current roster and its hard to bet on that.
This is why my comment last season was largely ignored but I celebrated like we won the quadruple when he extended his contract midway through that season. Imagine these ageing players and us relying on another manager (Gerrard?) trying to pick up the pieces. *Shudder*

Klopp The Builder. Can he fix it? Dang right he can. :D

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Didi Hamann is such a funny name.
First word is his name, the second is his species.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
What’s the backstory with these two? Clearly seems to be a dislike between them.
Nothing specific between those two I think, just every German who has got at least two working brain cells (and therefore twice of what Hamann has got) generally despises whatever he says because it's usually bs.

AshRK

Be honest now....

You sound like all the LUHG accounts in Twitter who just worship Jose Mourinho's 16-17 season for us. It's like if we just win a PL in coming seasons and someone claims Jose is better for us because he won 3 trophies that fecking includes a community shield.

cyberman

Nothing specific between those two I think, just every German who has got at least two working brain cells (and therefore twice of what Hamann has got) generally despises whatever he says because it's usually bs.
Maybe to you but he’s an ex Liverpool player who played in their win in Istanbul. he deserves some respect from the Liverpool manager.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
According to Danny Murphy the journalist is thick for using someone elses quotes. :lol:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Maybe to you but he’s an ex Liverpool player who played in their win in Istanbul. he deserves some respect from the Liverpool manager.
Why? What he has done on the pitch obviously deserves respect, but why should his stupid opinions be respected instead of just being called stupid? His performance as a player doesn't make him a good pundit.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
There's no way that he's gonna be sacked unless their genuine relegation candidates which won't happen, his job is safe.

Real Name

Hamann strikes me as one of our ex players' pundits in the sense saying anything negative to get air.

MUFC OK

Actually not sure if you're serious or just trolling. I'm sure Rafa and Houllier are seen as some levels of "successful" by Pool fans, but Klopp would rightfully go down as more successful.
Must be a troll at this point, a pretty good one though. Yet we feed it still..