Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

LARulz

Does he have the stomach for it though? It needs a total rebuild, that team is old, tired and worn out.
Yeah I don't think he has/can rebuild. He becomes too loyal I think to players and may find it hard to phase out. It's one thing coming in and ripping everything up, it's another then ripping up what you built

Sviken

Does he have the stomach for it though? It needs a total rebuild, that team is old, tired and worn out.
It's more important to ask if Liverpool have the money to rebuild, not if Klopp has the will. They got massively lucky with Barcelona basically financing them with the Coutinho deal and making shrewd purchases along the way. But now this squad is old as shit and exhausted. They need a huge revamp with money Liverpool simply doesn't have. And I don't think anyone is giving them 150 million anytime soon.

Robertd0803

The clown saying that Spaletti and Napoli play the Liverpool way :lol: as in the style of play that Klopp himself brought to Liverpool? Liverpool way :lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I'd think there's a lot of bogus accounts as well as trolls getting that to trend; there's no way Liverpool fans of any stock don't realise how far they plummet without him. That, of course, being said if they don't get state backing.

mu4c_20le

Yeah I don't think he has/can rebuild. He becomes too loyal I think to players and may find it hard to phase out. It's one thing coming in and ripping everything up, it's another then ripping up what you built
He himself needs a rebuild, he's never been at a club for longer than seven years.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Ralf might be available
That would be brilliant. Every time he opened his mouth as United „Manager“ he couldn’t stop licking Liverpool and City‘s a***, so only fair he ends up at one of those clubs.
Having said that, Liverpool won’t be stupid enough to hire him.

AshRK

Sacking him will be foolish, having said that Klopp himself may walk away if the next season is also similar. UCL is their only hope but I cannot see them winning that as well.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He is crying about money and I have always been one of his biggest defenders when compared to Pep and the credit he deserves for what he has achieved there (albeit sparked with Coutinho money)

But it all started to go wrong with Thiago and the Naby Keita failure. They have lost the Midas touch with their recruitment by bringing in inferior players to those they had, and by focusing on completely the wrong type of player and the wrong area of the field.

Their squad is a bit of a mess now and the money they did have was squandered on a striker that doesn’t fit their system, instead of legs in midfield.

It’s been really poor and Gakpo is another mistake, because he simply doesn’t solve any of their issues with everyone fit.

Too many wrong turns and Klopp and co. Have snookered themselves.

CM

It's more important to ask if Liverpool have the money to rebuild, not if Klopp has the will. They got massively lucky with Barcelona basically financing them with the Coutinho deal and making shrewd purchases along the way. But now this squad is old as shit and exhausted. They need a huge revamp with money Liverpool simply doesn't have. And I don't think anyone is giving them 150 million anytime soon.
Agreed. Hopefully he won't be given that lifeline from Saudi ownership.

I think Klopp actually has been trying to refresh the team with signings like Diaz, Nunez and Gakpo, but their defence and midfield look a mess right now. They need investment in those areas.

justboy68

I actually have a good feeling about both Klopp and Pep leaving in the near future. I reckon one of them this year and the other the next.

Scottynaldinho

Absolutely no point in comparing him with Sir Alex. It was a different era and they're completely different style of managers and Klopp is more of a coach.

What he did for Liverpool at the time at which he did is a massive achievement and making shrewd signings along the way is not luck.

Now people will say one league title and a CL title in 8 years but he made them an elite team.

Edwards6

The funny thing is Liverpool have spent years telling us Klopp doesn't need to spend big because he coaches and creates world class players but now they're struggling because he's not been backed with enough money to spend. Also remember Klopp said himself after we signed Pogba that he wouldn't spend that much on a player even if he could

PepG

Supports
Ajax
A friend of mine said he'll be in charge of Madrid in the summer
I really hope not. There are strong signals from Spain that Diego Simeone will step down as a manager of Atletico at the end of the season. Klopp would be the perfect replacement there.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
The funny thing is Liverpool have spent years telling us Klopp doesn't need to spend big because he coaches and creates world class players but now they're struggling because he's not been backed with enough money to spend. Also remember Klopp said himself after we signed Pogba that he wouldn't spend that much on a player even if he could
And then did it anyway, three times.

Judas

Open to offers
I really hope not. There are strong signals from Spain that Diego Simeone will step down as a manager of Atletico at the end of the season. Klopp would be the perfect replacement there.
That’s where I think he’ll end up too if he does in fact leave in the next few months.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
After what he's done for that club it's weird any Liverpool supporter would want him out

Dazzmondo

what would we prefer, if pool sack klopp and hire steve g or if city sack saint pep and replace with kompany

think id love to see steve g fail there
Kompany actually looks like a very good manager. Obviously Stevie G. He's terrible and I wouldn't be surprised to see him with Liverpool in a relegation battle (though he'd unfortunately be sacked before he could actually manage to bring them down).

stevoc

what would we prefer, if pool sack klopp and hire steve g or if city sack saint pep and replace with kompany

think id love to see steve g fail there
I'd love Starfish to go there do well at first get them in contention for the league and then feck it all up with 3 games to go. Camera right in his face at the point they lose it.

Followed by an abysmal season where he gets sacked just before Christmas.

:drool:

Dansk

While Klopp keeps having these 1 good season and 1 bad with almost the same core players.
That's the big one. Some people act as if they were fantastic for six years straight, followed by abrupt decline. Two years ago, they went through something like a dozen home games in the league without a win. They have not been consistently good at all. Every other season, they've been nothing to write home about.

Blood Mage

Their squad is old as feck and they badly need fresh blood. I hope they panic and sack Klopp though. :drool:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Kompany actually looks like a very good manager. Obviously Stevie G. He's terrible and I wouldn't be surprised to see him with Liverpool in a relegation battle (though he'd unfortunately be sacked before he could actually manage to bring them down).
If Pep sticks out his contract (no way he'll be sacked) which is very likely and Kompany doesn't implode I think he knows he's next in line to replace him. He's done well after a ropey start at Anderlecht and I don't think Burnley fans can believe the football he's got them playing after Dyche.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is crying about money and I have always been one of his biggest defenders when compared to Pep and the credit he deserves for what he has achieved there (albeit sparked with Coutinho money)

But it all started to go wrong with Thiago and the Naby Keita failure. They have lost the Midas touch with their recruitment by bringing in inferior players to those they had, and by focusing on completely the wrong type of player and the wrong area of the field.
All managers make transfer mistakes. He hasn’t been allowed to correct his.

Their squad is a bit of a mess now and the money they did have was squandered on a striker that doesn’t fit their system, instead of legs in midfield.

It’s been really poor and Gakpo is another mistake, because he simply doesn’t solve any of their issues with everyone fit.

Too many wrong turns and Klopp and co. Have snookered themselves.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He sounds completely dejected in his post match interview, I haven't seem him like this since his latter stages at Dortmund.