Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

OrcaFat

Given what's he's competing against it's not a bad return, the PL points totals Liverpool, got would have won the PL in any other year if it wasn't for an exceptional City side
These sorts of arguments don’t fly at United though. No Utd manager can expect sympathy if he says the only reason we didn’t win is because other teams were better.

I’m suggesting that what’s good enough for Liverpool might not be considered good enough for us. Right or wrong. Perhaps the distinction is more subtle than I’m making it sound but I believe it is there.

JagUTD

Say they sack him, which would be a huge mistake, who could they get that is even close to the level of Klopp as a manager?

I think this Liverpool squad is just at the end of its use by date, needs gutting and rebuilding. He's basically back at season 1. So the sensible thing would be to keep Klopp and help him do that job.

Of course as a United fan I hope Liverpool make a rash decision and sack him soon, struggle to find anyone able to replace him and go back to the glory days of regular 6-8th place finishes.

AshRK

Say they sack him, which would be a huge mistake, who could they get that is even close to the level of Klopp as a manager?

I think this Liverpool squad is just at the end of its use by date, needs gutting and rebuilding. He's basically back at season 1. So the sensible thing would be to keep Klopp and help him do that job.

Of course as a United fan I hope Liverpool make a rash decision and sack him soon, struggle to find anyone able to replace him and go back to the glory days of regular 6-8th place finishes.
I see your point but the issue is they need massive budget and need luck like he had with the transfers then to make things work out. They were lucky Barca paid £140 odd million for coutinho which helped them buy good players. Now their transfers look underwhelming be it Nunez or Keita or Jota or Konate or even the most recent one Gakpoo(although too early to judge him). Mane is a huge loss and salah doesn't look that hungry.

Diaz returning may help but even then they need massive spending. Also, Klopp then was hungry and now he looks like a jaded version of himself. I am very skeptical of writing them off but his task is difficult now in comparison to then.

Mr.Hik

Yeah it’s a natural move from Simeone football to Klopp football…
UTD moved from Ole shitball footbal to ETH style in few months.
We can hate him but he is still one of the best, and AM players are already working horses.
And I think he is nutjob and he loves to challenge himself.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
His natural successor would be Tuchel, would be the third team Tuchel manages after Klopp and it worked well for both Mainz and Dortmund.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Apart for VVD and Alisson, the Dippers generally buy mid-range players. Imo, Klopp is one of the best managers to get the best out of teams in that upper mid range squads. I say this as when you get outside buying premium players - which also carries risk - the hit rate on players coming good drops off significantly.

Imo, the Dippers are in their transition phase as a upper-mid club. However, owing to the delusion of their fans and the sycophantic media, they seem to have forgotten Klopp is principally the reason why they are relevant again.

The logical thing to do atm, is to accept they are back to where they were when he first came. However, if they want to sack him, then happy days, as they can go back to how they were like for early/mid part of the 2010's.

Teja

Is TAA actually a piece in the sense you mean though?
This season feels like he's utterly been found out. Subbed again today before 60.
Yup but I think it's a symptom of the CM problems, failed pressing etc. Fabinho, Henderson etc. used to cover really well and that's not happening anymore.

Pep's already done/doing it with City, I'd say. Kompany, Aguero, Silva, Fernandinho, Sterling etc formed the backbone of their past few titles and they're no longer at the club.
Yeah it's sort of hard to justify with Pep - they always have two good players every position so it's not the same core group of starting XI that you have with successful sides.

I see his core City side as the one with KdB, Bilva, Fernandinho, Walker, Ederson, Sterling, Mahrez and maybe one or two more I'm missing. They've replaced Fernandinho and Sterling just fine.

I'd say KdB, Bilva and Mahrez dropping off would be the end of an era.

Last edited:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
For those saying “they need to keep him, he is the best they can get”, there is only one issue…

…he is botching the rebuild!

It’s not just about giving him time and the backing he needs. He is buying (or at least OKing) the wrong types of players and he isn’t addressing the key issues in his side.

He also clearly has players that are not giving him the same as they once did.

It is more nuanced than just “he is the best they can get”. He is actively doing a bad job right now and is far from blameless as adheres to their current position.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
History repeats itself. Good manager but I wouldnt trust him to rebuild a team he's had before. Its like his nemesis.

PaulScholes99

He isn’t going to quit and miss out on the biggest pay day of his professional career. People need to stop painting Klopp as the patron saint of footballing morals. He was probably fired from Dortmund but they let him phrase his exit after what he won while at the club. No one just quits when there’s millions on the table and all you need is the guy on the other side of the table to say “this isn’t working out”.
I mean, nobody of us knows what really happend behind the scenes at Dortmund. But your post is just...wow.

"No one does this", yeah sure, thank you crossy1686. If you say so, then Klopp certainly didn't quit and was fired.

If you assume something like this, it's no problem. Just write smth likt "i assume he didn't really quit, because it would be really rare that someone in his position would quit with millions on the table". But the "nobody does this, ..." stuff is just arrogant as if you would know better. Whatever you assume about Klopp or people in general. You don't know everybody of them. Maybe Klopp is exactly as you assume, but not everybody is. So it's just not fair to write smth as "certain" as you did.

*i don't even like Klopp and could even imagine that it was like crossy1686 wrote, but the definite opinion is just so annoying imho...

crossy1686

career ending
I mean, nobody of us knows what really happend behind the scenes at Dortmund. But your post is just...wow.

"No one does this", yeah sure, thank you crossy1686. If you say so, then Klopp certainly didn't quit and was fired.

If you assume something like this, it's no problem. Just write smth likt "i assume he didn't really quit, because it would be really rare that someone in his position would quit with millions on the table". But the "nobody does this, ..." stuff is just arrogant as if you would know better. Whatever you assume about Klopp or people in general. You don't know everybody of them. Maybe Klopp is exactly as you assume, but not everybody is. So it's just not fair to write smth as "certain" as you did.

*i don't even like Klopp and could even imagine that it was like crossy1686 wrote, but the definite opinion is just so annoying imho...
Mate, he isn’t going to quit. He just signed a contract extension and there’s too much of a payday at stake. If he did quit his previous role it’s because he already had Liverpool lined up, it wasn’t because he was ready to gracefully admit defeat and fall on his sword.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
People are saying they’ll be back next season when there injured players return but that might not necessarily happen. You need look at the bigger picture. If they miss out on CL football then Salah may want to leave. They’ll have to change their transfer targets and build their way up again. Having CL football impacts a lot of things next season will be even tougher for all of us to get top 4. They’ll be, City, arsenal, Chelsea, spurs, Newcastle, Liverpool and us all fighting for top 4/league title. Not to mention teams like Brighton, Fulham pushing towards European places.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
They won't sack him.

He got them 1 PL and 1 CL, lost 2 CL finals and 2 leagues by 1 point each time against a financially doped up club. Plus, they're not getting anyone better. He'll walk before they sack him.

Thiagoal

Sir Alex Ferguson’s real talent and greatest skill was knowing when players were on the descent (before anyone else) and selling them just before with fresher models. This ensured we were always fighting for the league and hungry! Liverpool just seem drained of all energy and a desperately need a refresh

Real Name

Not every manager is SAF and knows how to rebuild the team time and time again. Klopp however good he is hasnt done it as good as he should.

Oranges038

Sir Alex Ferguson’s real talent and greatest skill was knowing when players were on the descent (before anyone else) and selling them just before with fresher models. This ensured we were always fighting for the league and hungry! Liverpool just seem drained of all energy and a desperately need a refresh
This is my view. It's been 4/5 years with pretty much the same team every week, he tried to bring in Thiago to exert more control of the ball but all that has done is slow them down in transitions.

Salah isn't providing any work rate.

The forwards he has up there for with him just aren't up to scratch. Might be different if it was Jota and Diaz. But the work rate and pressing just isn't there..

Midfield has no legs, Elliot might, the rest are finished. The fact that he's gone to relying on a kid and perma crocks like Ox and Keita should be enough for people to see this.

Defence is being got at too easy because of the gaps opening up by the lack of energy and pressing in front of them. Robertson is a horrible scrote and Trent can't defend.

Allison has been their standout performer this season.

All in all, he's not managed the squad well, they just look like a team that's come to the end of the cycle. It happens every team. He's not been able to get rid of the right players and bring in the right replacements.

Flexdegea

Given what's he's competing against it's not a bad return, the PL points totals Liverpool, got would have won the PL in any other year if it wasn't for an exceptional City side

We would have had 2 leagues too if it weren't for city

Flexdegea

Na who cares about that its all about good ol Jurgen.

True.

Seen the Liverpool men use that one all the time, forgetting we have won 2, actually while we are it make that 3 we count the Augero late goal one too, we would be on even pegging :lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
True.

Seen the Liverpool men use that one all the time, forgetting we have won 2, actually while we are it make that 3 we count the Augero late goal one too, we would be on even pegging :lol:
But then they will have the one where Rodgers finished 2nd.

Still think he’s the best manager on the planet, the only thing I’m not sure of is if he’s able to have continued success with his style, it’s extremely demanding on himself, his staff and his players, and so far in his career he’s not managed it anywhere.

Liverpool would be complete morons to even consider sacking him mind, and therefore they sadly won’t even entertain it.

Smartest thing to do for everyone is to sell up and let Klopp be in charge of a big new influx of players in the Summer, like ETH was here last Summer.

Mr. Robot

Still think he’s the best manager on the planet, the only thing I’m not sure of is if he’s able to have continued success with his style, it’s extremely demanding on himself, his staff and his players, and so far in his career he’s not managed it anywhere.

Liverpool would be complete morons to even consider sacking him mind, and therefore they sadly won’t even entertain it.

Smartest thing to do for everyone is to sell up and let Klopp be in charge of a big new influx of players in the Summer, like ETH was here last Summer.
I think he’s a one-trick pony. The best managers evolve and adapt. Klopp doesn’t.

4-3-3, high defensive line, wing backs exposed, cross and hope for the best.

BorisManUtd

This is interesting to me.

I haven’t kept count but you say he won four trophies - in how many years? One prem and one UCL, yes, but some dodgy spells in there and, even though looking impressive a lot of the time, I think the trophy haul is not a great return.

Better than us in the same period, but I’m honestly wondering if his record would be good enough here. I think he’d be under huge pressure by now if he was at Utd. I would expect rumours of “sacked if he loses next game” to be surfacing all over the place. Media loves him; bloke’s bloke; pedigree; Utd doesn’t give a shit about such things.
We'd be thrilled if we won 1 PL, 1 CL + played in another 2 CL finals and basically lost 2 leagues only because we were competing with brilliant City side. Pep and City made last 4-5 years more bearable for us as United fans because otherwise Liverpool would have won more if not for them.

cyberman

We'd be thrilled if we won 1 PL, 1 CL + played in another 2 CL finals and basically lost 2 leagues only because we were competing with brilliant City side. Pep and City made last 4-5 years more bearable for us as United fans because otherwise Liverpool would have won more if not for them.
We’ve won the same amount of league titles a Liverpool in the last decade.
Should put it in perspective, especially when he arrive like 18 months after SAF left. Do we look happy to you!!
should have won a lot more with the team he built.
You can’t share titles, winning titles isn’t meant to be easy so it’s a waste of time bringing up who they were up against

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
So would we