Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Pughnichi

How exactly did you attempt it?
You were never close in any of the competitions you participated this year.

Come on…
They were a point off top in EPL. Lost by a single goal in CL and won both domestic finals vs Chelsea on penalties. They played 63 games out of a possible 63 games.

Similarly we have played 63 games this season and have often heard about the number of games we’ve had to play.

Arguably when chasing the CL and competing until the final day for EPL does make make it a mammoth effort with every game high stakes.

That’s why it was so beautiful. All that effort, intensity and expectation ended up a disappointing domestic cup double

Real Name

Come on…
They were a point off top in EPL. Lost by a single goal in CL and won both domestic finals vs Chelsea on penalties. They played 63 games out of a possible 63 games.

Similarly we have played 63 games this season and have often heard about the number of games we’ve had to play.

Arguably when chasing the CL and competing until the final day for EPL does make make it a mammoth effort with every game high stakes.

That’s why it was so beautiful. All that effort, intensity and expectation ended up a disappointing domestic cup double
Its funny. They were tired cause they were chasing a quadruple last year. Apparently.

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp has hugely contributed to Liverpool's poor season, his loyalty to some ageing players a clear flaw. I do think he has probably realised that to an extent now anyway. The midfield will be overhauled, couple of good signings in there and Trent continuing in his new role, they'll be back in the CL mix.

Overall, I'd tend to agree with the below. City clear again, Newcastle will make 3 or 4 big signings and continue their already very impressive improvements. Arsenal/Liverpool/Utd should make up the other CL spots, what order will be determined largely by transfer business this summer. Chelsea will definitely improve under Poch, but I suspect it will take him a season to get a settled side and system working before properly pushing for top 4 or 5 again.

English Premier League

Outright Winner 2023/24

Man City
8/15

Newcastle
15/2

Arsenal
9/1

Liverpool
9/1

Man Utd
10/1

Chelsea
16/1

cyberman

Come on…

Tiredness only makes sense if they were tired throughout the season. The fact their home form was so good really takes away tiredness as an excuse, they can’t just be tired away from home.
This season has more to do with Darwin Nunez up top and ignoring midfield last summer. Blaming tiredness is hiding VVD and Trent from criticism

Ludens the Red

Tiredness only makes sense if they were tired throughout the season. The fact their home form was so good really takes away tiredness as an excuse, they can’t just be tired away from home.
This season has more to do with Darwin Nunez up top and ignoring midfield last summer. Blaming tiredness is hiding VVD and Trent from criticism
Sounds just like United …

cyberman

Sounds just like United …
But United, and Ten Hag, are being called out over it. I wouldn’t even say away form as a whole.
Also United actually did have it as a factor, no free midweeks since September or something ridiculous. Liverpools is we played 5/6 more games than other top sides 8 months ago so that explains our 10th place position for most of this year

BerryBerryShrew

Klopp has hugely contributed to Liverpool's poor season, his loyalty to some ageing players a clear flaw. I do think he has probably realised that to an extent now anyway. The midfield will be overhauled, couple of good signings in there and Trent continuing in his new role, they'll be back in the CL mix.

Overall, I'd tend to agree with the below. City clear again, Newcastle will make 3 or 4 big signings and continue their already very impressive improvements. Arsenal/Liverpool/Utd should make up the other CL spots, what order will be determined largely by transfer business this summer. Chelsea will definitely improve under Poch, but I suspect it will take him a season to get a settled side and system working before properly pushing for top 4 or 5 again.

English Premier League

Outright Winner 2023/24

Man City
8/15

Newcastle
15/2

Arsenal
9/1

Liverpool
9/1

Man Utd
10/1

Chelsea
16/1
Are those real odds? Why on earth would Newcastle be second favourites when they were punching way above their weight all season and their owners have given no indication that they are going to go on a Galactico spending spree this window?

Stevondo8

Are those real odds? Why on earth would Newcastle be second favourites when they were punching way above their weight all season and their owners have given no indication that they are going to go on a Galactico spending spree this window?
Yep, just checked Betfair and that’s what they’re showing.

Guess the expectation is they will spend big. Will need depth to cover the extra games next season.

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool
Haven't they just announced some dodgy shirt deal with a company back in SA, probably owned by the same family, following the City runbook to success and balancing the books. They don't really need Gelacticos either, I think Neymar type would be bad for them, but plenty of top quality players that would make them stronger, I seen Tierney linked to them which I think would be another example of really good business, top quality player that clearly improves what they have in that position already.

Also, on the Klopp bit as is a Klopp thread, all the banter about Liverpool being a tired squad because of the quadruple efforts, I'd say it was more mentally than physically. Huge disappointment for them after getting so close. They definitely seemed to pick up form as the season went on, so not really physical tiredness for me.

Steve 007

You do know he is Jurgen Klopp and not Jose/LvG/Ole/Ralf/and soon to be Erik, right? You've had more shouts at Christmas to replace your managers than the Tories have had prime ministers. No use projecting at us mate.

We will see. You all have faith in Klopp and rightly so. However your fanbase mainly think this is just a blip and you’ll just bounce back straight away. Many outsiders see a weak spine at Liverpool and think it needs surgery. The just a blip fans might be in for a big surprise and react badly.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Only being knackered away from home is a new one.
It isn't. Milan went through something similar in 05/06 after Istanbul. The mental burnout from that kind of disappointment can have very real negative consequences, it's not sonething you get over quickly or easily.

cyberman

It isn't. Milan went through something similar in 05/06 after Istanbul. The mental burnout from that kind of disappointment can have very real negative consequences, it's not sonething you get over quickly or easily.
Unless I’m misreading it I went through their league form and got to 1 defeat in first 11 games and can’t see how this is true. They would have been champions if they didn’t have 30 points deducted.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Unless I’m misreading it I went through their league form and got to 1 defeat in first 11 games and can’t see how this is true. They would have been champions if they didn’t have 30 points deducted.
Players have spoken about it. Great teams will get results even if they're at like 60-70% of their potential, doesn't mean they're not struggling. Milan didn't have points deducted until after the season. By early February theirs looked like a lost season, then the CL woke them up and they even ended up pushing juventus to the wire in the league(which had been unthinkable in February)

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Our end to the season is encouraging, if we can sign a few useful players I think we will be right back up there next season, certainly didn't look like Klopp lost the dressing room at all.

And by "right back up there" I mean a (comfortable) top 4 finish, best case pushing City with a title challenge, hopefully a domestic cup, and a deep-ish CL run (QF or better). It's unrealistic to outright expect to win the league and another cup at this point with City doing what they are doing.

bringbackbebe

Early in the season. It's mostly wild punters making random bets at this point. The informed ones will wait till the end of pre-season.

Josh 76

Haven't they just announced some dodgy shirt deal with a company back in SA, probably owned by the same family, following the City runbook to success and balancing the books. They don't really need Gelacticos either, I think Neymar type would be bad for them, but plenty of top quality players that would make them stronger, I seen Tierney linked to them which I think would be another example of really good business, top quality player that clearly improves what they have in that position already.

Also, on the Klopp bit as is a Klopp thread, all the banter about Liverpool being a tired squad because of the quadruple efforts, I'd say it was more mentally than physically. Huge disappointment for them after getting so close. They definitely seemed to pick up form as the season went on, so not really physical tiredness for me.
Will they be mentally tired next season for missing out on top 4 in the last week of the season ?

Anustart89

Our end to the season is encouraging, if we can sign a few useful players I think we will be right back up there next season, certainly didn't look like Klopp lost the dressing room at all.

And by "right back up there" I mean a (comfortable) top 4 finish, best case pushing City with a title challenge, hopefully a domestic cup, and a deep-ish CL run (QF or better). It's unrealistic to outright expect to win the league and another cup at this point with City doing what they are doing.
I reckon you'll have a hard time with that deep-ish CL run next season, mate.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He is laughing, over £50 million for two past it midfielders who let them down badly last season, plus over 300k saved in wages.

If anything, they have given him an out for how badly they spent last summer.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He is laughing, over £50 million for two past it midfielders who let them down badly last season, plus over 300k saved in wages.

If anything, they have given him an out for how badly they spent last summer.
I just came to post this. He's such a cnut. Sells shit players for some good money then starts moaning about the Saudi transfer window.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He’s not wrong though is he? Their transfer window should close at the same time. Imagine they come in after our deadline has closed with a massive offer for a player that is hard to refuse, and the wages on offer completely unsettles the player and he wants to move. I wouldn’t want Saudi coming in with 750k a week for Casemiro on a 5 year deal after the window had shut for us. Offering us 75m for him. It puts the club and player in a difficult position, and takes the focus away from where it should be.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He’s not wrong though is he? Their transfer window should close at the same time. Imagine they come in after our deadline has closed with a massive offer for a player that is hard to refuse, and the wages on offer completely unsettles the player and he wants to move. I wouldn’t want Saudi coming in with 750k a week for Casemiro on a 5 year deal after the window had shut for us. Offering us 75m for him. It puts the club and player in a difficult position, and takes the focus away from where it should be.
South American window closes tomorrow. Today the dippers are heavily linked with a player from Fluminense. Goofy is a massive hypocrite, that's all he is.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
:lol: I would do love this to happen now just to see @The Corinthian and @ShinjiNinja26 pivot on what Klopp said.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’m surprised the Saudis haven’t come in for Salah yet or have they? Think his head would turn if they offered him ridiculous amounts of money.

cafecillos

His teeth make me very uneasy. I don't think those comically white and oversized implants are the best money can buy.

Red00012

Talking about a player who’s contracted to another club is a sackable offence

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Slice it up any way you want, this is a very public humiliation for Klopp. Offering a British record fee for a player yet to fully prove himself was questionable enough, but for said player to publicly denounce you in favour of a team which finished 12th last year is astonishingly embarrassing. The mental gymnastics from the Scousers to explain this one will be Olympic standard.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Slice it up any way you want, this is a very public humiliation for Klopp. Offering a British record fee for a player yet to fully prove himself was questionable enough, but for said player to publicly denounce you in favour of a team which finished 12th last year is astonishingly embarrassing. The mental gymnastics from the Scousers to explain this one will be Olympic standard.
Honestly, I don't quite get it myself.

always_hoping

Finally admitted he was wrong about this 2016 quote today.

“If you bring one player in for £100million or whatever and he gets injured then it all goes through the chimney. The day that this is football, I’m not in a job any more"

Signing not going through now but it shows Liverpool were ready to splash over 100 million on midfield after already spending big bucks on a defender and goalkeeper in recent years, not such the shoe string budget Klopp is working from as some like to make out.