Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Shady

I think Jose can be really obnoxious in interviews. But that is next level stuff. Horrible.

MataFanatic

Jurgen Klopp in the Sky interview post-Everton game reminded me of Michael Douglas in 'Falling Down.' This guy is going to go postal one of these days :eek:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Every point is vital that's why getting one today was so important. I'll take that then dominate possession and lose 1-0 as had happened too often in the past.

We've gained a point on 2nd and 3rd place while having rested Coutinho, Firmino and Salah to an extent. The teams we have gained on have not rested their main players while losing. As we know too well this will have its own impact on January 1st.
Wrong again. We rested Pogba today while losing. And Bailly and Fellaini too. Three of our best players this season as it turns out.

Charlie Foley

Exactly you can't really blame Lovren what's he doing to do? Turn round and say' nah don't pick me boss I'm naff like '

He's consistently displayed his propensity for brainfarts throughout his entire career here, him and Mignolet and to a lesser extent Milner/Henderson have been given chance after chance but after a decent run eventually revert to type. I just knew it was coming even with 80 % possession and total domination, I've seen that game before and I've seen other games where we lose before they even happen because the patterns are easy to detect. We don't find new ways to lose, we do it in the same manner more or less every time.
My other problem with us is we have no nous, we play an attractive style of football but we have zero game management ability, we don't have the luck of an Arsenal or the know how of a city. The other big sides in this league can play awful to average but still find a way to win, you never really feel comfortable with us unless we're leading by a few. Either we put together such an elite side that we never need to resort to that or we learn how to manage a game.

Not sure what our fixures look like past WBA but we really need to get back on the winning trail because it's going to be tight and every point is vital. The Arsenal game is critical we need to win a big game again.
Spot on in fairness. You can't blame a bad player for being picked

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
To be fair, it was an extremely soft penalty and Liverpool were ridiculously unlucky not to win.
Lovren did put his hand on the back and made a little push which makes it a very easy call for the ref to make. If Lovren had played football instead of using his hands (literally the only thing he can't use as a footballer) Liverpool would have comfortably won it. They also would have done so if Mané had squared a pass to the side in the first half. Everton had absolutely nothing and I understand that Klopp is fuming but he's venting in the wrong directions because yet again they drop points because of sloppiness at the back.

Alabaster Codify7

Why is he so gutted about the result? I thought he'd have the players doing a lap of honour and mugging to the fans, like when they drew at home in the past.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Softest fecking pen ever. However, Everton are even shitter than I initially thought. Good luck to them, because they'll need it.

Goodison Opheliac

Supports
Everton
I loled.

OK, it was a spawny draw but seeing Klopp throwing a hissy fit over it is priceless. Like they wouldn't have got a penalty if, say, Martina had done the same thing with Salah.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Softest fecking pen ever. However, Everton are even shitter than I initially thought. Good luck to them, because they'll need it.
What exactly is a soft penalty?

Either it's a penalty, or it isn't, and Lovren ran straight into the back of Calvert-Lewin with both hands on him, causing him to lose balance and subsequently lose a chance at shooting. It was a penalty, and a pretty clear one. All Lovren had to do was show him out wide, which is the direction the ball was going, but he fecked it.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
:lol:

First pen at Anfield since it was our ground probably and this is how you all act. No one can play the victim card like you lot.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If he’s got half a brain he’ll avoid fighting with the press. They’re behind him for the most part and they’re like a pack of wolves. Start taking pot shots at one or two and the rest will sharpen their knives and life gets a lot more difficult.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

First pen at Anfield since it was our ground probably and this is how you all act. No one can play the victim card like you lot.
Thought it was a penalty myself. Lovren was an idiot giving the ref a decision to make.

Mane’s selfishness before HT pissed me off more though.

montpelier

Opinion seems split 50/50 - which doesn't mean a lot, but it does tell you it wasn't completely outrageous for the ref to give it.

And Lovren - being :lol: :lol: :lol: again.

Retrokicks

Jurgen Klopp in the Sky interview post-Everton game reminded me of Michael Douglas in 'Falling Down.' This guy is going to go postal one of these days :eek:
:lol: Knew there must have been a reason why I watched that film 20 odd years ago!

Well retrieved sir :smirk:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Opinion seems split 50/50 - which doesn't mean a lot, but it does tell you it wasn't completely outrageous for the ref to give it.

And Lovren - being :lol: :lol: :lol: again.
The crazy thing is that apart from that he had a good game, but that's Lovren.

montpelier

The crazy thing is that apart from that he had a good game, but that's Lovren.
I said before - some of it looks like over-confidence, trying to do too much. Bit the same today, he just needs to sit off & watch what happens, there's no support for the attacker. What not to do... look like you might be pushing the forward you've got too close to.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
To be fair, it was an extremely soft penalty and Liverpool were ridiculously unlucky not to win.
True and a level headed comment but if a manager rests key players and doesn't win then he's fecked up. Saying that even if Coutinio and Firminio had played the result may have been the same. I had a feeling it would be one of those games.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Been telling people he's a massive wanker for a long time to very little if no avail.

Surely this has to be the tipping point?

He's a proper twat.

mayurr

Supports
Liverpool
True and a level headed comment but if a manager rests key players and doesn't win then he's fecked up. Saying that even if Coutinio and Firminio had played the result may have been the same. I had a feeling it would be one of those games.
Liverpool had enough in the tank to be honest. Had mane passed it on it would have been easily game over for everton.

When you loose ( draw against everton is just like a loss) you try to find reason. Klopp last year went all out attack and missed the bus due to injuries, this time he is playing it safe.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Spot on in fairness. You can't blame a bad player for being picked
The only positive we can take from that game is it 're affirms the belief that we are capable of scoring 1-2 goals even on a bad day. It's just never going to be enough though with what happens at the other end.
VVD needs to be agreed and through the door 1st Jan.

Roosney

The only positive we can take from that game is it 're affirms the belief that we are capable of scoring 1-2 goals even on a bad day. It's just never going to be enough though with what happens at the other end.
VVD needs to be agreed and through the door 1st Jan.
You had 1 goal and 3 shots on target. At home against Everton. Where's the double decker?

Amokachi

Everton Fan
Every point is vital that's why getting one today was so important. I'll take that then dominate possession and lose 1-0 as had happened too often in the past.

We've gained a point on 2nd and 3rd place while having rested Coutinho, Firmino and Salah to an extent. The teams we have gained on have not rested their main players while losing. As we know too well this will have its own impact on January 1st.
This is such a bizarre post. I can’t get my head around it. There’s trying to stay positive, then there’s this.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
It´s like Kasey Keller said: If that´s a penalty, every corner is a penalty. More contact happens on every corner. And if that contact is a penalty you could argue that Salah´s contact before he scored was a foul, too.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
It´s like Kasey Keller said: If that´s a penalty, every corner is a penalty. More contact happens on every corner. And if that contact is a penalty you could argue that Salah´s contact before he scored was a foul, too.
It doesn't help that every referee has a different view point on it. The rules make it a tough one, you either enforce it stringently and you're handing out multiple pens a game, or you let it slide and allow wrestling matches in the box.

Its soft as shit and the only answer anyone ever has is to perpetuate the myth that they all even out over the season. Some form of DRS is needed, i don't really care anymore if people feel it takes away from the spectacle, ensuring a fair game should be the number one priority.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Have you noticed how football mangers spit their dummies out & scream 'shocking decision' when a dodgy penalty is given against their side. But when a similar decision goes their way they always seem to think it was a nailed on penalty.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
It's a clear pen. Lovren is using his hands to gain an advantage.
How can you let that go?

montpelier

I wondered about the Salah goal too - there's a similarity of attacking players getting a bit of leeway because they have possession of the ball, maybe.

stepic

What exactly is a soft penalty?

Either it's a penalty, or it isn't, and Lovren ran straight into the back of Calvert-Lewin with both hands on him, causing him to lose balance and subsequently lose a chance at shooting. It was a penalty, and a pretty clear one. All Lovren had to do was show him out wide, which is the direction the ball was going, but he fecked it.
The attacker ran into Lovren, not the other way round. He then milked the collision for all its worth. All Lovren did was put his hands on him and he went down. It's not a penalty. Or it shouldn't be. Everyone saying it is just contributes to the diving mentality we have in the game.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It doesn't help that every referee has a different view point on it. The rules make it a tough one, you either enforce it stringently and you're handing out multiple pens a game, or you let it slide and allow wrestling matches in the box.

Its soft as shit and the only answer anyone ever has is to perpetuate the myth that they all even out over the season. Some form of DRS is needed, i don't really care anymore if people feel it takes away from the spectacle, ensuring a fair game should be the number one priority.
Thing is DRS would only enforce it was a definite penalty. As us viewers, commentators, journalists have all but confirmed. With DRS/VAR refs will be reffing to get the video evidence correct than independently look at the incident. Not that I'm against VAR in general.

Achilles McCool

If he’s got half a brain he’ll avoid fighting with the press. They’re behind him for the most part and they’re like a pack of wolves. Start taking pot shots at one or two and the rest will sharpen their knives and life gets a lot more difficult.
This! I’d love it if the press turn on their “golden boy” and then we’d witness the full-blown meltdown that’s been slowly coming! Popcorn for everyone when this happens!!

montpelier

The attacker ran into Lovren, not the other way round. He then milked the collision for all its worth. All Lovren did was put his hands on him and he went down. It's not a penalty. Or it shouldn't be. Everyone saying it is just contributes to the diving mentality we have in the game.
From the ref's angle it looks like Lovren pushes him over. It's 50/50, complete opinion, don't think you can say either way with any certainty.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I thought the penalty was soft. Lovren was an idiot, because as soon as you put two hands on a players back, they are going over. But I don't think the two hands on his back were actually enough to send him over. The replay looked like there was a delay between the contact and Calvert-Lewin then deciding to punish Lovren for it by going over. That delay is the biggest sign of simulation, but hands on the back resulting in a foul happens all over the pitch and the referees give it 9 times out of 10.

I don't think it is a foul, but in the current state of refereeing, it's always going to be given. It's one of the most frustrating fouls in football, but players really need to curb their instincts and stop putting their hands on a player's back. Lovren was punished for his naivety.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Salah pushed his man over in the lead up to his goal. A clear push. No foul and a goal results. Lovely goal - well taken but If I was the ref I would have blown for a free out. There was a push on the Everton player in the box - a soft one - but a push so it was a peno. I would have given it. But the ref wasnt consistent - both were fouls. Liverpool fans are not mentioning Salahs push.

Klopp is furious because Liverpool didnt kill the match. They should have been out of sight.

It's a penalty and video assistance won't change that. From the referees viewpoint Lovren goes across, makes contact with his arms raised as if to push, and the player goes down. There wasn't much contact but there was some and running at full sprint it doesn't take much to knock someone over. VAR would only change a decision if it's a clear mistake, this one wasnt.

It's also a bit rich for Liverpool to complain with all the dodgy calls they've had at Anfield!