g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jurgen Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

Something
Didn't see that coming.

Regardless to what he says, if he's been approached by another club then it's definitely city, can't see madrid making a move with ancelotti still in with a shout for the the league and the CL, same goes for luis enrique. Maybe wenger is calling it a day?

Is that his ultimate goal? I've never heard anything from him about his plans post-Arsenal.

"The day I do not want to do it at the top level, I may become a director but even more I feel attracted by coaching the youth – in Africa or India or somewhere like that where nothing has happened until now."

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Most reports are that Enrique isn't the most popular coach at Barca and they have Presidential Elections this summer so he could end up there. Anchelotti looks to be on the way out and City is another very obvious choice.
I doubt he'd go to Barca. The fans won't accept anything other than possession football and Klopp is the opposite of that.

Kant-ona

Interesting, that Klopp said he is not tired at all ("zero point zero") and that he is not planning a sabbatical.

Which means: All the clubs looking for a coach will call him from now on again and again. Aren't all italian clubs beside Juventus looking for a new coach? The question is if Klopp wants to join a league which is struggling.

We are all talking about City and they will try to sign him for sure, but what's about Liverpool? If they don't make the Champions League spot, Rogers could be past. There are some parallels between Dortmund and Liverpool. The Kop vs. die gelbe Wand. Both understand themselves as clubs of the working class.

I bet he is the next Liverpool coach. (If he is not doing a sabbatical which would be imho still the best to do for him.)

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I doubt he'd go to Barca. The fans won't accept anything other than possession football and Klopp is the opposite of that.
They didn't play possession football under Rijkaard, and they were still successful. As long as the flair is there, I don't think they will have a problem with the style of football.

Now if Messi's game isn't optimal for fast paced football, that's a different story entirely.

Varun

Staff
Why the feck are United fans sad for Dortmund? Christ on a bike, some people...!
Why's it so ridiculous to you? Their story has been superb and has pulled many people to like the club and Klopp himself even though they aren't really fans or supporters.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Interesting, that Klopp said he is not tired at all ("zero point zero") and that he is not planning a sabbatical.

Which means: All the clubs looking for a coach will call him from now on again and again. Aren't all italian clubs beside Juventus looking for a new coach? The question is if Klopp wants to join a league which is struggling.

We are all talking about City and they will try to sign him for sure, but what's about Liverpool? If they don't make the Champions League spot, Rogers could be past. There are some parallels between Dortmund and Liverpool. The Kop vs. die gelbe Wand. Both understand themselves as clubs of the working class.

I bet he is the next Liverpool coach. (If he is not doing a sabbatical which would be imho still the best to do for him.)
Liverpool would be mad to sack Rodgers. He's done a great job there and with the teams currently above them he cannot possibly be expected to deliver top 4 year in year out. Just having them up there competitive for top 4 is a good achievement considering where they were mere 2-3 years ago.

Klopp hasn't said a word about sabbatical so far, has he? He's City bound, has to be. Just a week ago Tuchel appeared to be on his way to Hamburg and Klopp seemed to be staying, now Tuchel turned HSV down and Klopp offered his resignation - what happened between then and now? Yeah, City lost two leagues game in a row dropping down in the table and jeopardizing their top 4 chances, including an embarrasing defeat against United in derbies. It has to be. There is no other place for him to go to now.

Varun

Staff
Liverpool would be mad to sack Rodgers. He's done a great job there and with the teams currently above them he cannot possibly be expected to deliver top 4 year in year out. Just having them up there competitive for top 4 is a good achievement considering where they were mere 2-3 years ago.

Klopp hasn't said a word about sabbatical so far, has he? He's City bound, has to be.
Sacking Rodgers to get Klopp wouldnt be madness at all. I'd back Klopp to get much more out of them and tbh Liverpool's squad suits him more than City does.

Dante

Average bang
A manager can't be considered great until he's created at least two top teams. Forming only one competitive side can easily be a fluke. But if you can repeat the feat, you've proved your genius. The fact that Fergie created so many is the reason he's the greatest manager in history. Nobody else comes close.

Klopp hasn't done that. He only managed to create one great team and then he fecked it all up.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
A manager can't be considered great until he's created at least two top teams. Forming only one competitive side can easily be a fluke. But if you can repeat the feat, you've proved your genius. The fact that Fergie created so many is the reason he's the greatest manager in history. Nobody else comes close.

Klopp hasn't done that. He only managed to create one great team and then he fecked it all up.
Guardiola?

RU Devil

Wenger could do a Fergie and vanish upstairs now...
Yeah, SAF's & Arsene's long reigns are really an anomaly when it comes to big teams. SAF is understandable, when you consider he was always winning and even in the dry spells, you knew another great team was coming around the corner. Arsene is an odder situation, TBF. It seems he's been living off the Invincibles and his style of play for a long time now. Any other big team, he'd been kicked out by now.

I wonder what Arsene's timeframe is on retiring. His great rival has moved on and while Mou has always been a thorn in his side, I don't think he enjoys sparring with him as much as he did with SAF. I figure he might hang on for another real run at the title, since this year's team looks to have the goods.

In a way, it's unfortunate that the current Arsenal team has gelled as well as it has at this time. If it hadn't, the board might've been tempted to move onto Klopp. As it is, it's more probable that Klopp replaces Ancelotti and Carlo winds up in City.

Dante meltdown in full swing

Dante

Average bang
Why's it so ridiculous to you? Their story has been superb and has pulled many people to like the club and Klopp himself even though they aren't really fans or supporters.
Football is tribalism writ small. If it's not United it's nothing, as far as I'm concerned. And so it should be for everybody that considers themselves a fan.

Dortmund and Klopp are the poster boys for football hipsterism. This whole love-in stinks of it.

Sarni

Sacking Rodgers to get Klopp wouldnt be madness at all. I'd back Klopp to get much more out of them and tbh Liverpool's squad suits him more than City does.
Sacking a manager who's been very good for them these past couple of years would be madness, regardless of how highly rated Klopp might be. He's stumbled upon the exact same issues that Rodgers has this season and has done worse than him too (not saying he's a worse manager though because he quite clearly isn't).

rover

even he won't join us, but yep i want to see him in this league too. anytime you want to see some matches played against teams managed by people like klopp than big sam. it's just fun.

it's logical to match him with arsenal. but i doubt what he can do there in extra than what he had already achieved in bvb. maybe he can win them the domestic league championship once or twice again, but is still not good enough to challenge the cl title. and all in a sudden the team can go collapse again. i can imagine this is just too similar of his old job.

certainly i'm no klopp so i can't tell what's in his mind. but if he wants to step up of his career he shall pick a club big enough not to be bullied by anyone anymore. and he has all credentials to attract a top club to go for him. honestly chelsea do suit the profile, just it won't happen. if he dares to, bayern would want him too if pep is determined to leave. city can give him any money he needs to spend, but not the time he might require. even this is klopp his expected duration to staying there is still three years.

if barca do really come to him he should pick them for the next job right after bvb. he can switch to the pl anytime even if he just stays there for a few seasons.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Wasn't Blanc under pressure at PSG? Maybe Klopp will go there...could be wishful thinking though.

Varun

Staff
Football is tribalism writ small. If it's not United it's nothing, as far as I'm concerned. And so it should be for everybody that considers themselves a fan.

Dortmund and Klopp are the poster boys for football hipsterism. This whole love-in stinks of it.
Who the feck are you to decide what constitutes a fan?

Think of what you're saying for a moment. A Supporter of Man Utd can't like another club or a manager of some other club to the extent of wanting them to do well?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Sacking a manager who's been very good for them these past couple of years would be madness, regardless of how highly rated Klopp might be. He's stumbled upon the exact same issues that Rodgers has this season and has done worse than him too (not saying he's a worse manager though because he quite clearly isn't).
I was going to say that at least Klopp has managed to do well in Europe but I think he actually struggled in his first champions league year? Just like Brenda

Sarni

I was going to say that at least Klopp has managed to do well in Europe but I think he actually struggled in his first champions league year? Just like Brenda
Yes, they finished bottom of their group in first season. Reached final in their second CL season.

rover

the latest news just suggests all barca candidates come to klopp!

Dante

Average bang
Who the feck are you to decide what constitutes a fan?

Think of what you're saying for a moment. A Supporter of Man Utd can't like another club or a manager of some other club to the extent of wanting them to do well?
Admiring them is one thing. Decrying their failures and lionising their manager is taking it a step too far.

Varun

Staff
It'd be madness to sack Rodgers without having a better manager lined up. It'd be the same if they just sacked him like Spurs sacked AVB without any plan. Letting go of him if they can get Klopp would be harsh on Rodgers but certainly not madness.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München

Reinventing Mainz doesn't count, of course...

About Ferguson being the greatest because he created so many top teams that nobody comes close, I suggest you check out Ernst Happel (among others). Ferguson was great - one of the greatest, surely - but in terms of "number of top teams created" a couple of others outshine him.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Yes, they finished bottom of their group in first season. Reached final in their second CL season.
Thank god we've managed to keep Liverpool out of the top 4 this year in that case! :nervous:

Dante

Average bang
Simeone? He's only created a side at Atletico, the rest he inherited and manager for a year or less.
He's not a great manager until he's proved it's not a fluke.

Avram Grant came within a penalty kick and a point of a league and European double. That was a fluke of circumstances. He was never able to repeat it.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Don't forget that Hummel's dad was LVG's assistant at Bayern and seems that both are really close. So Hummels can also listen his dad a bit
Hummels worked as youth coordinator at FCB from 1995 to 2012. Van Gaal brought his own staff, namely his Video analyst and his goalie coach - very much like Pep and a few other top coaches do.
They will allow a place on the bench for the odd Club mascot (as Pep and van Gaal did with Hermann Gerland), but i don'T doubt the duties are clearly separated between assistants they brought with them and the others, as in "discussing important things" with some, and "carrying ballnets" for others. Hummels wasn't even in the ball carrying Group.

saivet

Wasn't Blanc under pressure at PSG? Maybe Klopp will go there...could be wishful thinking though.
That could be a shout. They are top, but only by 1 point. If they lose the league and Barca give them a hiding then he'd probably be sacked I imagine. I don't think Klopp would go there though.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
That could be a shout. They are top, but only by 1 point. If they lose the league and Barca give them a hiding then he'd probably be sacked I imagine.
I was under the impression that PSG is also a possession-oriented team. Then there's Jürgen Klopp's dream of coaching in the Premiere League one day...I wouldn't rule it out, but a job in England seems more likely.

Sarni

He's not a great manager until he's proved it's not a fluke.

Avram Grant came within a penalty kick and a point of a league and European double. That was a fluke of circumstances. He was never able to repeat it.
How could this be a fluke? They've been consistently overachieving since the day he came there.

Varun

Staff
Admiring them is one thing. Decrying their failures and lionising their manager is taking it a step too far.
I'll ask again, who are you to judge what's acceptable for fans to do? Also, if you don't really care about all this as you're a true Man Utd fan and not really bothered about other clubs, why are you posting in this thread?

People rate Klopp for what he has achieved and like him for his style and the way he comes across, get over it instead of going into hyperbole mode.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
Feck you Klopp, why couldn't you do this last season?

Didn't a lot of BVB fans on here say that Klopp was going to stay there for many years and he always honours contracts? What happened to him?

Anyhow, whatever team lands him are lucky imo, he's a brilliant manager.

Kant-ona

Dortmund and Klopp are the poster boys for football hipsterism.
Love that statement.

It's true specially here in Germany. Suddenly hipsters started to wear Dortmund shirts and talk about the idea of "counter-pressing" in modern football while drinking their latte macchiato with organic cinnamon. Honestly I like that this whole bubble "Klopp and Dortmund" will burst.

However, that has nothing to do with him as a person or a coach. In short: He is a cool guy. And definetly one of the funniest coaches around.

Status
Not open for further replies.