g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jurgen Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Imagine he takes Reus, Hummels and Gundogan with him to City :nervous:
They won´t let Reus go. I think they´ll sell Hummels, cause they consider €50M too much money to pass on. Just a personal feeling that Tuchel rates €50M more than Hummels. I´d lock in Geis, Firmino, Volland and a new goalkeeper Horn/Karius for that money. Gundogan´s future is the most unclear at the moment, but with Sahin, Bender, Geis and Mkhitarayan they´d have a top notch defensive midfield with or without him.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
So he's leaving after a mess of a season. Not surprised, I don't think he deserves this out pouring of sympathy.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It’s unbelievable how easy it is for Bayern these days. Now that Dortmund has officially collapsed (assuming they will lose a few players this summer) it will be super boring league.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wouldn't mind if he took over arsenal after Wenger.... Just don't want him taking over city or Liverpool. Barca is also an option depending on if Luis Enrique wins anything, same with Madrid.

Reus, gundogan and Hummels are a lot more likely to move on though :drool:

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
It's kind of pathetic that a lot of really good Managers in Europe are overlooked in favour of the usual suspects, the number of quality managers seems to be decreasing according to public opinion, these days it's Mou, pep,Klopp,Simeone or bust.

What's stopping City from appointing the likes of Slaven Bilic, Rudi Garcia or Frank Rijkaard ?
Why would they hire one of them when they can get someone better?

JUPITER

Bluemoon goes into orgasm?
Foolish if they do - Klopp's a good manager but what he does requires time. Up against Mourinho and Van Gaal, and with FFP against them, they would need to be very patient before challenging for the PL again, imo at least.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
That'd see them failing the FFP.
Yeah, I read somewhere (obviously all the gossip columns aren't reliable!) that they're looking to get rid of Nasri, Jovetic, Navas (even if they just bought him!), Toure and Dzeko...which might raise a substantial bit of cash. But agreed, they are hamstrung by FFP.

They won´t let Reus go. I think they´ll sell Hummels, cause they consider €50M too much money to pass on. Just a personal feeling that Tuchel rates €50M more than Hummels. I´d lock in Geis, Firmino, Volland and a new goalkeeper Horn/Karius for that money. Gundogan´s future is the most unclear at the moment, but with Sahin, Bender, Geis and Mkhitarayan they´d have a top notch defensive midfield with or without him.
Yeah, I was half jesting about Klopp + those 3 moving to City. But stranger things have happened. Or well, it's not exactly strange for a manager to raid his old club! But it will be interesting to see where Klopp ends up. My guess is it will probably be at a club no one suspected!

anchan1989

Totally surprised.
But if he sees the need for change I believe him.
7 years is a long long time in todays football world, he won 5 trophies(can win 1 more), reached a CL final, made Dortmund a big club again.
Great time there. This season was bad luck all over the place which had to come.
Wish him and Dortmund all the best.
Helped German football big time.
Klopp is one of the very best coaches. One crazy season,when he still won a trophy and got as far in the CL as any PL team btw, doesnt change that.
If Dortmund wins the cup is a C+/B- grade for 2014/15. Happens.

JUPITER

Yeah, I read somewhere (obviously all the gossip columns aren't reliable!) that they're looking to get rid of Nasri, Jovetic, Navas (even if they just bought him!), Toure and Dzeko...which might raise a substantial bit of cash. But agreed, they are hamstrung by FFP.

Yeah, I was half jesting about Klopp + those 3 moving to City. But stranger things have happened. Or well, it's not exactly strange for a manager to raid his old club! But it will be interesting to see where Klopp ends up. My guess is it will probably be at a club no one suspected!
Atletico - with Simeone going to City...?

Actually, I can imagine that.

Sweet Square

Wouldn't mind if he took over arsenal after Wenger.... Just don't want him taking over city or Liverpool. Barca is also an option depending on if Luis Enrique wins anything, same with Madrid.

Reus, gundogan and Hummels are a lot more likely to move on though :drool:
While Klopp being in the same league as us would make it harder to well do anything, I would love it(same with Ancelotti). Adds to the excitement and tension, also there would be more 'Big' games again in the league.

Atletico - with Simeone going to City...?

Actually, I can imagine that.
Simeone just signed a contract extension this year. He's not going anywhere soon.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I like Klopp, he'd be great for the EPL. Arsenal is a good fit for him. Wenger should have a sit down with the bigwigs there, tell them to go all out for Klopp and if they get him he'll step aside gracefully. He's only got a year or two left in him anyway.

City is a poison chalice, no stability.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He'll go to Madrid with Ancellotti going to City

Cal?

CR7 fan
I doubt any club will be offering City any large sum for those players given the contracts those players are on unless they arrange some kind of backhand deal with Dzeko being sold at 50m and Etihad sponsoring that team's training bib for 45m.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
@Sphaero
:(

What's the feeling over there?
Dunno. Calmer than I thought I would be. It definitively helps that I have been around way longer than just the Klopp era and don´t identify everything my club is about with just his person. It will be weird seeing a different person on the side lines, but it is certainly not a complete foreign thought for me. The club is bigger than anyone.

What just happened was the way Klopp often predicted. He would leave on his own terms when he would realize that he is not the best man for the job anymore. This season has in quite a few ways been unacceptable by Klopp´s standart and it became very obvious for a long time that the club and the team would need new impulses to recover. I personally thought it would be a major overhaul of the squad under Klopp, but now the overhaul starts with Klopp.

In the end, similar to his tenure at Mainz (and people stating that his time there was a sign of failure need to have their head checked) he left Dortmund in a way better shape than when he took over and for that he has earned himself massive respect and gratitude. It might also be the best time to install a new coach. Succeeding Klopp was always going to be a huge job, but the really lackluster season might lower expectations a bit for the new coach.

Quite frankly, I don´t know how I will feel about it in the long run, because I have no idea how big the effects of this change will be. Ask me again at the end of the Summer window and I might have a more definite answer. The potential for great football is still there (financial strength, improved youth work, club structure) and that is to a large part thanks to Jürgen Klopp.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I like Klopp, he'd be great for the EPL. Arsenal is a good fit for him. Wenger should have a sit down with the bigwigs there, tell them to go all out for Klopp and if they get him he'll step aside gracefully. He's only got a year or two left in him anyway.

City is a poison chalice, no stability.
That would be a great transition, I wonder if Wenger is ready to retire just yet though. Maybe he could manage France or something.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Why the feck are United fans sad for Dortmund? Christ on a bike, some people...!
Because as a football fan it was refreshing to see Dortmund's organic rise to the top of the Bundesliga and Europe, playing excellent football. Their inability to compete with money clubs in the long run, coupled with injuries and bad ruts of form, have led them to this point and it is sad.

Given the general apathy towards the likes of City here, if I didn't think you all were a bunch of hypocrites only concerned about the presence of more rivals to "established clubs" then I'd be taken aback at the lack of concern for Dortmund.

iHicksy

Nailed on for City I think. I think the reasons he's finally called it quits are as follows:-

• Club are selling Hummels and Gundogan (to us hopefully)
  • This season has opened his eyes to the fact he's taken them as far as he can with the constant selling of key players
I just hope he doesn't end up taking those two with him to City, or wherever he ends up, Madrid is another possibility I guess. I'd rather him at Madrid than City, anyway.

Varun

Staff
The timing of Pelegrini being on the verge of getting the boot and his resignation is too coincidental for my liking but I just can't see it working for him at City unless he changes his style of play, not with the squad they have at the moment. FFP restrictions mean they won't be able to get a quick fix either and I doubt City are willing to start from scratch and give a manager few years to build a team. Too many big names there and at a age where they cant really perform his style at the moment.

It'l surely be interesting to see where he ends up as he's mentioned wanting to come to England. Chelsea, Us and Arsenal are set (Can't believe some think Wenger will just step out of the way now that Klopp is available).

Barca won't go for him I believe unless he's ready to play a possession based system. Real could go for him though, don't see Ancelotti surviving if he doesnt deliver one of the big trophies.

Ancleotti to City and Klopp to Real would be my pick. Would go against what I thought of Klopp though, joining the circus there.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
I can't see Jürgen Klopp succeed at Manchester City unless they are making a major housecleaning exercise. Half the squad, I'm especially looking at the likes of Yaya Touré, are completely unable to perform in Klopp's high-intensity playing style.

I wonder if the sheikhs are willing to take that risk for a manager who hasn't yet coached outside his comfort zone.

goin4glory

Most reports are that Enrique isn't the most popular coach at Barca and they have Presidential Elections this summer so he could end up there. Anchelotti looks to be on the way out and City is another very obvious choice.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Why the feck are United fans sad for Dortmund? Christ on a bike, some people...!
It's this weird ambiguity towards Dortmund on here. On the one hand a lot of people get irritated when Bayern sign one of Dortmund's players and they want them to stay competitive, on the other hand they want to sign their top players themselves...

Status
Not open for further replies.