Jurgen Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
No he hasn't. He created Barcelona's 09-12 side. He inherited Heynekes' side at Bayern. 2 different things.
He's moulded the Bayern team in his own image. I'd say that's the same as creating, as far as football management is concerned. Beyond that, it's a question of semantics.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Klopp is gonna be another AVB.
Don't think so. Part of avb's failings were that he didn't command the respect of players in England. He thought he was the smartest guy in the room.

I get the opposite impression from Klopp. Players love playing for him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
No he hasn't. He created Barcelona's 09-12 side. He inherited Heynekes' side at Bayern. 2 different things.
Also true. His alterations to Bayern style of play have been significant though but since he's implemented them they've not won Champions League which for a club like Bayern is the only way to qualify them as a great side (admittedly they've only had a season to do so though).

Roman Bellic

Prick
Why would they hire one of them when they can get someone better?
That's the mentality I was addressing, the best coaches are currently employed, does that necessarily mean other coaches aren't going to do a good job? Everyone's banking on Pep to leave Bayern next year so they can tussle over his signature, it all seems like a cycle, a lot of coaches aren't given the chance to prove themselves anymore.

LVG wasn't a front runner for this job (to most fans, we all mentioned pep and Mou)but he was probably the perfect coach to rebuild this team, City needs rebuilding,they'll probably get Klopp and sack him in 2 years.

Dante

Average bang
How could this be a fluke? They've been consistently overachieving since the day he came there.
He created a great team, granted. But it could easily be a fluke if it was because the right players just happened to come along at the right time.

If Klopp can achieve similar things with a different group/generation of players, then and only then can you say it wasn't a fluke.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Klopp just doesn't sound like a good fit for Madrid. Ancellotti and his pragmatism is a better for for that club IMO.

Like many have said, clubs like arsenal, United and Liverpool would suit him better.

Not sure why Madrid would want to change ancelotti either. He's done a good job there.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I'm not wumming. I have genuine disdain for United fans who love Klopp and Dortmund.
So it upsets you that people enjoyed seeing a manager bring a club like Dortmund from the brink of financial disaster to nearly winning the champions league through smart buys and passion? That's what football is all about...

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Klopp just doesn't sound like a good fit for Madrid. Ancellotti and his pragmatism is a better for for that club IMO.

Like many have said, clubs like arsenal, United and Liverpool would suit him better.

Not sure why Madrid would want to change ancelotti either. He's done a good job there.
He's walking a tightrope right now.

amolbhatia50k

He created a great team, granted. But it could easily be a fluke if it was because the right players just happened to come along at the right time. If Klopp can achieve similar things with a different group/generation of players, then it'll clearly not be a fluke.
One season can be a fluke. Doing well over a number of seasons is an achievement IMO. Whether you reach those heights again, no one can say, but to put proper long term achievements down to fluke is wrong IMO. Someone too will have achieved something fantastic irrespective of whether he does what he's done with atletico again.

Dante

Average bang
So it upsets you that people enjoyed seeing a manager bring a club like Dortmund from the brink of financial disaster to nearly winning the champions league through smart buys and passion? That's what football is all about...
Dortmund knocked us out of the CL in 1997. They're a rival.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Dante is turning into a Rawkite right before our eyes

amolbhatia50k

He's walking a tightrope right now.
I don't get why, though. They're a good bet to win the cl again. Could even win the league although ancelotti seems to struggle with winning league titles anyway. I think he's got them playing better than any previous manager has. He has one cl to show for it, but at the end of the season he might have a lot more.

For me, Madrid are the best attacking side I've seen this season when they're in form.

amolbhatia50k

I'm not wumming. I have genuine disdain for United fans who love Klopp and Dortmund.
I think a lot of people who watch football have a soft spot for Dortmund and klopp due to their team built on a small budget playing some of the most attractive football we've seen in recent years. That's for me as good a reason to have a soft spot for a team/manager?

Seems like such a weird thing to have GENUINE DISDAIN for.

stu_1992

Nailed on to be City manager. I thought it once I heard the rumours this morning, but the confirmation he's not taking a sabbatical makes it even more likely. Slight chance he could end up at Real, but it's not as obvious that they will sack their manager.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I don't get why, though. They're a good bet to win the cl again. Could even win the league although ancelotti seems to struggle with winning league titles anyway. I think he's got them playing better than any previous manager has. He has one cl to show for it, but at the end of the season he might have a lot more.

For me, Madrid are the best attacking side I've seen this season when they're in form.
Madrid gonna Madrid, shouldn't surprise you when they sack their manager.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Dortmund knocked us out of the CL in 1997. They're a rival.
You're right...I hope they crash and burn! :mad: So I take it you were sad when they didn't go bust? Pretty remarkable.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
That's the mentality I was addressing, the best coaches are currently employed, does that necessarily mean other coaches aren't going to do a good job? Everyone's banking on Pep to leave Bayern next year so they can tussle over his signature, it all seems like a cycle, a lot of coaches aren't given the chance to prove themselves anymore.

LVG wasn't a front runner for this job (to most fans, we all mentioned pep and Mou)but he was probably the perfect coach to rebuild this team, City needs rebuilding,they'll probably get Klopp and sack him in 2 years.
Because none of the other managers have done enough to deserve a shot at a big club. Bilic and Garcia have their teams in third in their respective leagues, that isn't worthy of getting a job at a team that wants to become a mega European force. And look what happened when United when for an unfancied choice in Moyes. No other team wants to take that kind of risk.

amolbhatia50k

Madrid gonna Madrid, shouldn't surprise you when they sack their manager.
I guess it wouldn't. But I would have thought the manager who brought la decima would at least be given time. Hope they get big Sam instead. Heard he suits big clubs.

MDFC Manager

The timing of Pelegrini being on the verge of getting the boot and his resignation is too coincidental for my liking but I just can't see it working for him at City unless he changes his style of play, not with the squad they have at the moment. FFP restrictions mean they won't be able to get a quick fix either and I doubt City are willing to start from scratch and give a manager few years to build a team. Too many big names there and at a age where they cant really perform his style at the moment.
And apart from those points, he also has to work with English/homegrown quota rules. It'll probably be a two season building job. Will they give him that much time? They might even miss out on the CL once or twice in the interim.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He created a great team, granted. But it could easily be a fluke if it was because the right players just happened to come along at the right time.

If Klopp can achieve similar things with a different group/generation of players, then and only then can you say it wasn't a fluke.
Isn't that what manager's job is - to identify good players, sign them up and make them a cohesive, successful team? Somehow 99% managers have never had this 'luck'. You don't have to do this for 20 years in a row to prove that you're capable of it, what Klopp and Simeone have done is enough to be a proof of their immense ability.

It's very difficult to fluke two titles in a row or a title in a league that has two of the best teams in Europe competing with you. I'd say impossible even.

Annahnomoss

Wow, big news. Wouldn't mind him here to be honest, if LVG sits out his two years then I doubt we will find this opportunity again. Unless we already have some manager in mind that we've spoken to for that time.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
That would be a great transition, I wonder if Wenger is ready to retire just yet though. Maybe he could manage France or something.
If he wants what's best for Arsenal, then going upstairs or as you say, managing France, would be the right thing to do. He can't really take the club much further than he already has. Time for a younger, fresher, hairier man to take the helm.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Klopp's decision will certainly have nothing to do with the situation at City. He has been at Dortmund for too long and has far too much respect for them to have been approached by City privately and then decide to publicly claim he just feels he can't do the job. No, this will have been something Klopp has been considering all season. As for if he could end up at City, it's possible. Pellegrini is about 50/50 to be gone in the summer I reckon, although I'd prefer Ancelotti to Klopp. I'd love Klopp as he'd inject some personality into the club but I'm not fully convinced he would be the right man to rejuvenate the side.

saivet

I was under the impression that PSG is also a possession-oriented team. Then there's Jürgen Klopp's dream of coaching in the Premiere League one day...I wouldn't rule it out, but a job in England seems more likely.
I'm not sure, but yeah I'd agree it's unlikely..but you never know I guess.

NoLogo

I really didn't see that coming. I thought maybe at the end of the season if they barely end up above the relegation zone he will decide to step down but that they will make it public while the season is still going was surprising.

I just hope Dortmund can get Tuchel as their new head coach he would be an excellent replacement for Klopp.

Regarding Klopp I just hope he doesn't end up at City because I really like him and going to that travesty of a club would ruin my opinion of him very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.