Jurgen Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaquinJoaquin

I'm not so sure he'll end up at City.

I think he's a bit of a "traditionalist", so I can see him wanting to go to one of the famous names in Europe. AC Milan need a hero right now, maybe might an option for him to go there.
Would love it if he went to Italy and turned around one of the Milan teams, After all what he does best is operate on a budget and them teams now are needing to be on one.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
He's saying really really odd things. Can't he just say "I want to do something different"? How hard is that. Instead I'm listening to stuff like "I have the feeling that the name 'Klopp' became too big for the club and I have to go because the club can't move forward with the past success overshadowing the work today". It's just a really silly explanation for his decision to go.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Why? You have a better manager, players who want to play for your club, you're the big beneficiaries of FFP and you're a team improving big time. Klopp would need a massive turnover of players at City to get them playing football his way.
Agree with all of this. It would be a huge transition for City to take Klopp on even if he is interested.

Polite Poster

Supports
Manchester City
Yes, and time as well. Neither of which City can provide in abundance, for one reason or another.
Really ?

I think City would give time as long as they were convinced they had the right man. And I feel sure cash will not be an issue. Utd fans thinking that City can't spend because of ffp are kidding themselves.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Well it also depends on this seasons champions league also. I can see Juve, PSG or Madrid looking for a new manager if their champions league campaigns aren't a success.
Allegri no chance. He has done well this year. Madrid I still think they will Ancelotti one more year on account of the success of last year. PSG might be an option given that Blanc isnt exactly lighting up that league with the team he has at his disposal.

rover

"I believe that Borussia Dortmund needs a change. A major problem certainly is that as long as I'm here, we are always considering the successes of the past."

that makes him a better man than wenger.

i concur, barca shall be his destiny

Hed Zitin

I want to know what Zeljko Buvac and Peter Krawietz are doing. Klopp often says they are just as important as him to the team.

van Persie

Not that many people are mentioning Barca, who have a second rate coach.
because there's about zero chance Barca will sack Enrique considering the way they've played the last months. They have no reason to do it as far as I know.

Real Madrid is a more likely destitation and especially so if they fail to win either Champions League or the league. Real Madrid or City. Maybe Milan, but Real and City more likely.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i heard lvg snapchatted him a picture of his balls and he was so overwhelmed he had to get out of football as fast as he could. the fact that he doesn't have another job to go to proves this to be fact.

Blackwidow

Really ?

I think City would give time as long as they were convinced they had the right man. And I feel sure cash will not be an issue. Utd fans thinking that City can't spend because of ffp are kidding themselves.
The problem is not the cash but the kind of football he likes to play. It is group football with much young and eager players - it will not work with stars. And his whole philosophy and motivation went around being that underdog.

It started to fade when some Dortmund players started to be "stars" and when at the same time the Bundesliga found a way to counter his footballing style.

That simply does not match to what City wants to represent.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
It's also interesting to read all those "We are fecked if City/Arsenal gets Ancelotti/Klopp." We are Manchester United ffs. We have a top manager and money to burn, no need to fear anyone. We want to compete with Barca, Real, Bayern in the future, so it shouldn't be a problem to beat our PL competitors too. I would prefer a title win over a Mourinho Chelsea, Klopp Arsenal and Ancelotti City over a shitty title win where we win it with 20 points clear and everyone knows the league is shit and we are just not as crap as the rest (Chelsea says hi).

Brophs

The One and Only
i heard lvg snapchatted him a picture of his balls and he was so overwhelmed he had to get out of football as fast as he could. the fact that he doesn't have another job to go to proves this to be fact.
He poked him on the Mangr app.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
"I believe that Borussia Dortmund needs a change. A major problem certainly is that as long as I'm here, we are always considering the successes of the past."

that makes him a better man than wenger.

i concur, barca shall be his destiny
Barcelona aren't stupid, la masia decides who manages the club as long as they will teach the 4-3-3 possession system, Klopp, Mourinho and others Simeone won't be on their wishlist.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Good point.

Do they love Enrique these days? Or do they still hate him.
They now kind of like him, but once he is out of one of the three competitions he is currently in or if he doesn't win the treble then they (including the Barca fans and the not-Barca-but-Messi-fans-who-would-do-anything-to-blame-Enrique-and-Neymar-and- whoeverhere on the Caf) will call him rubbish again.

RooneyLegend

We're in trouble if he goes to city. In a way though, the league needs him. I'm tired of watching these tactically naïve teams in this league that claim to be pressing when they just aren't.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
The BVB boss will step aside in the summer after seven success-laden years in charge at the Westfalenstadion

Borussia Dortmund have confirmed that Jurgen Klopp will leave the club this summer.

The former Mainz boss took the reins at BVB in the summer of 2008 and led the club to an extraordinary period of success, winning two Bundesliga titles and a DFB Pokal, as well as reaching the Champions League final.

However, the Westfalenstadion club have struggled this year and sit a lowly 10th in the league and the 47-year-old will step aside at the season's end, despite having three years left to run on his contract.

"Borussia Dortmund and coach Jurgen Klopp have agreed to an early termination of their contract, which originally ran to June 2018," a club statement read.

Speaking at a press conference, CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke revealed that the coach had held talks with the club on the subject over the last few days and paid tribute to Klopp.

"We had some talks on Jurgen's initiative and then made the decision that the way we have been working together incredible success over the past seven years comes to an end at the end of the season.

"We have a relationship that is built on trust and friendship. Therefore it is obviously a difficult situation for us.

"Jurgen, you can be sure that you have the eternal gratitude of BVB."

Klopp, meanwhile, insisted that he should not have anyone's gratitude and revealed that he felt that it was the right time to step aside.

"No one should be grateful to me. It is a very fair history in which both sides have given and taken," he said.

"As I have said several times in recent years, I always wanted to let the club know if I didn't believe that I was the perfect coach for this extraordinary job.

"In the last few days and weeks I've not been sure that I'm the right person. But even I couldn't answer this question properly. Therefore I felt dutybound to myself and Watzke to be honest.

"I am sure that this is absolutely the right decision. This team deserves to have a 100 per cent coach on the touchline.

"It's not that I'm tired. I haven't had any contact form another club in England or anywhere else. But I don't intend to have a sabbatical ear. It's just important that we annouce it today so that everyone can adjust to it and the club can plan.

"I believe that Borussia Dortmund actually need a change. A major problem is certainly that as long as I'm here, we're always considering the successes of the past."

Thomas Tuchel has been installed as the early favourite to replace Klopp at Signal Iduna Park.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germ...ortmund?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
City will be fecked if Klopp goes to Madrid, as Ancelotti certainly won't want to take such a massive step down from Madrid to City.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I think Perez is already sold on the idea of Zidane as his next coach. Don't think he'll end up at Madrid.

ZDwyr

Imagine if this had been announced a month or so ago when our football was poor. The wave of support for Klopp would have been immense. Don't really understand the fear people have about him going to City. City will get a good manager regardless. At least with Klopp he would need to do a complete re-build which would take time (something City aren't fond of granting).

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Arsenal should start hastily preparing a severance package for Wenger, hastily.

But we all know Arsenal are happy enough to be competing for top four.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
City will be fecked if Klopp goes to Madrid, as Ancelotti certainly won't want to take such a massive step down from Madrid to City.
Where else would Ancelotti go though?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
So he's leaving but not until the end of the season?

Bit of an odd situation if so. Hard to manage/motivate a team when you and them know you're not sticking around. Usually the manager steps down with immediate effect and a caretaker takes over until the next man comes in.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Klopp also said that in the past some decisions were delayed till the very end (regarding player sales) so this time he didn't want to delay the decision and therefore the club can start planning already for the future.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
He's saying really really odd things. Can't he just say "I want to do something different"? How hard is that. Instead I'm listening to stuff like "I have the feeling that the name 'Klopp' became too big for the club and I have to go because the club can't move forward with the past success overshadowing the work today". It's just a really silly explanation for his decision to go.
:lol:
That's awful. But I'm sure Dortmund fans are happy that they can move finally 'forward'

Mindhunter

Honestly, I don't want another half season of trying to get to terms with a new style of football. We have seen enough transition for the last year and a half. Let him go to City if he wants to.

We have a good squad and a great manager ourselves.

saivet

Well, what else would he do? Most clubs are a step down from Madrid. I don't think Carlo would have any qualms going to City if he gets the boot from Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.