Jurgen Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Found myself watching the conference not understanding a word. Oh, football.

Confirmed he will leave according to twitter translators though.
Same. Was watching it for a few mins, then remembered I don't understand German.

cyberman

When I read your comment then it's pretty clear that you don't realize what a club Dortmund is and where they came from before Klopp. They have no right to compete with Bayern, Barca or Real. They were just one of the bigger, better clubs in the Bundesliga like Sevilla in La Liga and were in a huge crisis before Klopp. Reaching a EL final with Dortmund is comparable with what Sevilla and Porto did, reaching a CL final is a complete different thing and nobody expected that, only comparable with Simeone and Atletico. And they beat already a great Bayern side, who made it to the CL final, in the Bundesliga and won the double and they went toe-to-toe with treble winning super-Bayern. But they never had the money or the ability to keep those players and stay at that level. And that's why his least season wasn't poor, some people just had unrealistic expectations after he won things, he had ton of injuries, lost key players and still kept his team behind Bayern as number 2 and made another good impression in Europe. It's really only this season which is disappointing.
Dortmund aren't the first team to ever build a team without being a super club / Sugar daddy funded team. Germany have a golden generation of players, a wide range at that. Not all could play for Bayern so the talent were around the league to mold if done right.
Dortmund are a massive club, even if they don't have any right to be fighting with Bayern and Real, then Schalke etc don't really have that if pitted against Dortmund.
Yes I know about Dortmund, the Bayern loans etc. Germany isn't some backwater league shrouded in mystery.
They've been the hipster team of choice over the last 5 years, their recent history have generated more articles than most clubs in Europe lol

Devil may care

That's surprising since he talked about wanting to see out his contract back when we were linked with him. I am surprised Dortmund would want to broom him even after a terrible season given how much he has given them over the last 5 years, unless it's down to how he has spent the transfer funds.

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan
The original poster (that I was responding to) wrote "you realise what a club Dortmund is or where they came from" to illustrate how crap they used to be and how they have been dragged up to their current position of notoriety by Klopp alone … when it's patently untrue. It's an amazing club and the fans are amazing. I'd recommend anyone visiting on a BL match day … much better than CL nights which is all seater.
Dortmund was almost forced to relegate by being bankrupt, had a pretty shit team, lots of depts, then barely was recovering from those depts with a budget which was in the middle of the league + the yearly pay-offs they had to do (their players budget was easily in the bottom third) and then Klopp came in 2008. The season before him Dortmund was place 13 with 9 points away from relegation. So he has done great for Dortmund in his time and helped with his success to speed up the rebuilding of the club greatly. Due to the success more depts has been able to be paid off, strongly increased revenue and build up a decently worth team which is capable of being the number 2.

Surely that wasn't Klopp alone, but also Zorc and Watzke - but Klopps success made it possible to develop that fast.

Anyway, it seems like the right step as Klopps seemed several times this season at the brink of collapsing. Burned out mentally, lack of fire/passion. I hope he will take a year off and then come back stronger - preferably not in the Bundesliga except for Dortmund.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't want him here, we chose the possession road and we should stick with it, advitam eternam.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Why the hell would anyone wanna go to City after managing Dortmund? That's like going from playing Wembley Stadium to doing weekend gigs at a pensioners meetup.

Blackwidow

When I read your comment then it's pretty clear that you don't realize what a club Dortmund is and where they came from before Klopp. They have no right to compete with Bayern, Barca or Real. They were just one of the bigger, better clubs in the Bundesliga like Sevilla in La Liga and were in a huge crisis before Klopp. Reaching a EL final with Dortmund is comparable with what Sevilla and Porto did, reaching a CL final is a complete different thing and nobody expected that, only comparable with Simeone and Atletico. And they beat already a great Bayern side, who made it to the CL final, in the Bundesliga and won the double and they went toe-to-toe with treble winning super-Bayern. But they never had the money or the ability to keep those players and stay at that level. And that's why his least season wasn't poor, some people just had unrealistic expectations after he won things, he had ton of injuries, lost key players and still kept his team behind Bayern as number 2 and made another good impression in Europe. It's really only this season which is disappointing.
They were very good in 2010/11 when Bayern sucked. And 2011/12 was probably their major season. They were 25 points behind treble Bayern and went luckily through to the CL final (Real was great but they should have gone out against Malaga). Actually they are on the decline since 2012.

There have been other teams in the Bundesliga in the recent seasons - without the big hype - who do or did similar with real low budgets like Freiburg, Augsburg, Mainz etc.

Brophs

The One and Only
He could become the assistant to the assistant manager at United.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
BVB CEO Watzke: "Juergen, the eternal gratitude of BVB is given to you. What comforts more is friendship will remain."

Klopp: "No one must be grateful to me. Both sides have invested a lot and got a lot back." I've always said that I would say if I'm not the perfect coach for this club.""As a person, I would have liked to see that something so beautiful does not have to come to an end." "I don't think of it as a load off my shoulders. I'm not tired, even though I look like this."

KLOPP ON FUTURE: "I have had no contact with another club, but I am not planning a sabbatical."

Mani

I don't think he would have decided by now to join any new club.

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan
Dortmund aren't the first team to ever build a team without being a super club / Sugar daddy funded team. Germany have a golden generation of players, a wide range at that. Not all could play for Bayern so the talent were around the league to mold if done right.
It was only Hummels, Bender, Schmelzer, Großkreutz and Sahin (and later on Gündogan) and for the rest werent really german youth players involved. In return there were players at the beginning of Klopps time coming in for Dortmund like Kagawa, Barrios, Subotic, Piszczek, Zidan, Hajnal, Santana, Owomoyela. Not really starplayers with whom he had to work for the beginning and not youthplayers either.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Dortmund are a massive club, even if they don't have any right to be fighting with Bayern and Real, then Schalke etc don't really have that if pitted against Dortmund.
Yes I know about Dortmund, the Bayern loans etc. Germany isn't some backwater league shrouded in mystery.
They've been the hipster team of choice over the last 5 years, their recent history have generated more articles than most clubs in Europe lol
On that level you really only have Atletico and Dortmund though. Most other teams in Europe are there where they are expected to be and most of them have the money to do it. And that's why Atletico's and Dortmund's challenges in Europe are that great, it's much harder to break into that elite than winning the EL in a pool of 30 decent teams, where a lot surprising things happened in the last few campaigns.

Klopp said on the conference, that he wanted to announce it early, so that the club has time to react, something they weren't able to do with some of the latest transfers. He has no contact to any other club and a sabbatical isn't planned.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I take it Gundogan, Reus and Hummels are off in the summer then. To me it seems like he's had enough of teams ripping the guts out of his so he's walking away while he can keep Dortmund slightly respectable.

Klopp doesnt seem at all like a manager who would sell his soul for city. If he does he goes down a long way in my books. He's very much in the LVG Sir Alex etc breed rather than the Mancini, Pelegrini etc group.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Says there will no break but he isn't in contact with other clubs, either.

RedorDead21

I take it Gundogan, Reus and Hummels are off in the summer then. To me it seems like he's had enough of teams ripping the guts out of his so he's walking away while he can keep Dortmund slightly respectable.

Klopp doesnt seem at all like a manager who would sell his soul for city. If he does he goes down a long way in my books. He's very much in the LVG Sir Alex etc breed rather than the Mancini, Pelegrini etc group.
So every manager who comes to us is a certain type of man and every manager who goes to city is another type...itsnt this classic fan logic?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
We're in trouble if he goes to City
Why? You have a better manager, players who want to play for your club, you're the big beneficiaries of FFP and you're a team improving big time. Klopp would need a massive turnover of players at City to get them playing football his way.

Brophs

The One and Only
Not that many people are mentioning Barca, who have a second rate coach.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I'm not so sure he'll end up at City.

I think he's a bit of a "traditionalist", so I can see him wanting to go to one of the famous names in Europe. AC Milan need a hero right now, maybe might an option for him to go there.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Bad times for Dortmund fans :(

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. The PL certainly looks very likely.

RedStarUnited

He is lying about the contract thing I think. Its too coincidental that the week after We effectively end Citys season he decides to announce he is leaving.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

How is Pellegrini that way?

Bojan11

Well it also depends on this seasons champions league also. I can see Juve, PSG or Madrid looking for a new manager if their champions league campaigns aren't a success.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Could definitely complicate our potential move for Hummels if Klopp does go to City.

Are Madrid likely to be interested in him?

Truedevil

Lot can change until the end of the season so there's a strong possibility he might end up at Barca. A couple of bad results in the CL and La Liga and Barca could en up without any trophy this season. I think in that situation the Barca board would seriously consider hiring Klopp.

Status
Not open for further replies.