Jurgen Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Bellic

Prick
do I really need to explain that? Nobody knows what happens in 10 years, but in the near future its simply not going to happen. There has been too much conflict between both sides and Klopp has a completely different approach to the game.
Same conflict that has seen Gotze and Lewandowski transfer to Bayern? i understand your point but i don't think the conflict b/w Bayern and Dortmund would stop Klopp from coaching Bayern, i don't even think there is a genuine conflict between both teams, the Bundesliga (with all due respect) is basically "what Bayern wants,Bayern gets".

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Götze and Lewandowski never had any issue with Bayern. Anyway. Bayern wont ask him to coach them in the near future and he wont be interested to do so. End of story.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Götze and Lewandowski never had any issue with Bayern. Anyway. Bayern wont ask him to coach them in the near future and he wont be interested to do so. End of story.
You never told us you were an inside source, whats going on with Hummels and Gundogan?

Blackwidow

Somehow I doubt that. I think Markwort is confusing the situation in 2008 when we considered Klopp and then hired Klinsmann with the situation 2 years ago. Markwort is often confused. After all, we were in contact with Guardiola for more than a year at that point, he signed the contract in December and before that happened, it wasn't even clear if Heynckes wants to retire or not.

But I guess we need to add a bit of silly drama prior to the game against Dortmund on Tuesday.
I watched Sky90 today where Beckenbauer and Hartmann were guests. The Markwort interview was a radio interview and they think that there were the times mixed. Everybody knows that during 2008/09/10 Klopp was an option - maybe even after van Gaal when they choose Heynckes. But not later.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

NoLogo

Actually I don't think Klopp doesn't have any real problem with Bayern either. Maybe with Sammer but not with the whole club.

However Hamann reckons he will either end up at City or Liverpool which isn't that much of a big guess considering that they have been touted as the most likely destinations for Klopp for quite a few months.

I think if anything he should go to Liverpool. The club seems like the better fit for him. A football crazy city, passionate fans and a young team. City is quite the opposite of that.

ravi2

Actually I don't think Klopp doesn't have any real problem with Bayern either. Maybe with Sammer but not with the whole club.

However Hamann reckons he will either end up at City or Liverpool which isn't that much of a big guess considering that they have been touted as the most likely destinations for Klopp for quite a few months.

I think if anything he should go to Liverpool. The club seems like the better fit for him. A football crazy city, passionate fans and a young team. City is quite the opposite of that.

If Klopp goes to Livers it'll be the same shit all over again, he will have them winning a few things and the big sides will snatch all his best players and he's back at square 1

NoLogo

If Klopp goes to Livers it'll be the same shit all over again, he will have them winning a few things and the big sides will snatch all his best players and he's back at square 1
I don't know about that. Liverpool have a big fan base and a potential to grow into a real top club again if they win a few things in the next couple of years. I also don't think the financial situation at City is that much better as this season should have shown. They couldn't make the investments they wanted due to FFP and they have a squad that is slowly but surely getting too old with too many old players having long well paying contracts.

ravi2

I don't know about that. Liverpool have a big fan base and a potential to grow into a real top club again if they win a few things in the next couple of years. I also don't think the financial situation at City is that much better as this season should have shown. They couldn't make the investments they wanted due to FFP and they have a squad that is slowly but surely getting too old with too many old players having long well paying contracts.
You are making solid points but at the end of the day I think Liverpool's worst enemy is themselves and they will find a way to feck even that up.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Same conflict that has seen Gotze and Lewandowski transfer to Bayern? i understand your point but i don't think the conflict b/w Bayern and Dortmund would stop Klopp from coaching Bayern, i don't even think there is a genuine conflict between both teams, the Bundesliga (with all due respect) is basically "what Bayern wants,Bayern gets".

"Ich finde es ganz wichtig im Leben, dass man das Glück, das man hat, auch erkennt. Ich an Matthias Sammers Stelle würde jeden Morgen, bevor ich das Bayern-Trainingsgelände betrete, Gott danken, dass irgendjemand auf die Idee gekommen ist, mich dazuzunehmen"
which roughly translates to: I find it very important in life to realize the luck that you have. If I was in Matthias Sammer's place I would thank god each morning (before entering the Bayern training ground) that someone had the idea to add me to the club

Sammer also supposedly has a problem with Zorc and Watzke because he feels like they didn't treat their predecessors with enough respect.

Watzke and Rummenigge have a some sort of public dispute via the media every couple of weeks, including Rummenigge discussing Reus' release clause in public and Watzke saying something like "Bayern are trying to destroy us". They also stopped the tradition of a pre match dinner between officials.

There's also the difference in style between Klopp and Bayern. So I think it's highly unlikely that Klopp is going to join Bayern in the near future and I definitely think there is some animosity between the clubs.

Blackwidow

But the philosophy and playing style Klopp has just matches more to Liverpool or a midtable club than to one of the market leaders. And the market leaders are the only clubs that are ahead in the food chain. Every other club somehow is just a stepstone for some players.

About the length of the contract. The way Klopp sets up his teams and the way he motivates is not meant for long periods. Else you would have to renew your players yearly - but not with stars but with hungry players.

ManCity - and the connection to Begiristan. Pep has so many different people he has worked so close together with. I doubt that this is a big influence to him. If you see what he values in his players, the clubs and the work you just cannot see him going for the City job. Besides this friendship - and I do not know how deep that really is - I do not see many reasons - and I do not think that money is the big factor (he gets bags of it everywhere).

Utd7

As far fetched as it might sound, I'll tell you what, if I was chairman of Everton, I would sack Martinez and offer Klopp the job.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
As far fetched as it might sound, I'll tell you what, if I was chairman of Everton, I would sack Martinez and offer Klopp the job.
You'd sack Martinez and offer Klopp the job, despite having no confirmation or any kind of indication whatsoever that Klopp would consider the position? Let alone accept the job?

Utd7

You'd sack Martinez and offer Klopp the job, despite having no confirmation or any kind of indication whatsoever that Klopp would consider the position? Let alone accept the job?
No, you misunderstood. I meant if Klopp was interested in the job then I would hire him. I've always viewed Everton as a club that's a sleeping giant. With the right manager, they could challenge for trophies again like they did back in the 80s.

Revan

Assumptionman
No, you misunderstood. I meant if Klopp was interested in the job then I would hire him. I've always viewed Everton as a club that's a sleeping giant. With the right manager, they could challenge for trophies again like they did back in the 80s.
Why one of the best managers in the world will consider Everton's job. Klopp will want to go in a bigger club than BVB, not in a significantly smaller.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Why do the media and others keep linking Klopp to gigs like West Ham and Newcastle?

They'd get laughed at if it were Simeone yet when it's Klopp they think he it's actually realistic?

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Seems pretty obvious he'll be going on a one year sabbatical to wait for Premier League jobs (and learn other languages?) unless something changes dramatically.

Utd7

Why one of the best managers in the world will consider Everton's job. Klopp will want to go in a bigger club than BVB, not in a significantly smaller.
I did preface my comments saying it's far fetched. But my post was more from the prism of the Everton chairman. I would be ambitious and go for Klopp. Plus Liverpool, City and Arsenal may not be available to Klopp considering he wants to manage next season in the PL. Everton would be an outside the box choice.

Revan

Assumptionman
I did preface my comments saying it's far fetched. But my post was more from the prism of the Everton chairman. I would be ambitious and go for Klopp. Plus Liverpool, City and Arsenal may not be available to Klopp considering he wants to manage next season in the PL. Everton would be an outside the box choice.
Well if I was Everton's chairman I would go for Mourinho and Pep as comanagers. Chances of them accepting are exactly the same as Klopp accepting the job, so why not go for the best.

PvsNP

Borussia Dortmund forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has told RMC he believes outgoing coach Jurgen Klopp is well suited to the Premier League.

Having previously announced that he would consider working in the Premier League, Klopp said before last weekend's Bundesliga game with Eintracht Frankfurt that he was not concerned with what clubs in the English top flight thought of him.

Klopp, who guided Dortmund to back-to-back German titles in 2011 and 2012, has been strongly linked to Liverpool and Arsenal since announcing he is to leave his current club at the season's end.

Aubameyang, 25, feels his boss is well-suited to English football, even if Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich could also be potential destinations.

"At the moment, I am hearing rumours about Paris, which wouldn't be too bad, but, honestly, I don't know at all," he said. "I only know that he said in an interview that he wasn't interested in [what people think of him in] England. I would rather see him in England, actually.

"I think I saw in the papers recently that Bayern like Klopp. For the moment, they're with Guardiola. He'll be there until the end of his contract, but it's true Klopp could go to Bayern."

After convincing Klopp of his abilities since his 2013 move from St Etienne to Dortmund, Aubameyang now needs to impress incoming Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel.

The Gabon international forward, who is his club's leading scorer this season with 14 Bundesliga goals, said he would not make a decision on his future at the Westfalenstadion, where he has three years left on his contract, until he has met the new man in charge.

"For the moment, the most important thing will be to meet the new coach," he said. "I haven't had the chance to see him, to talk to him yet. That will be decisive. It's up to him to say whether he wants me or not.

"After that, I will be able to take a decision. For the moment, my idea is to stay here. It would be a good thing for me, for my future."
http://www.espnfc.com/borussia-dort...meyang-id-like-to-see-jurgen-klopp-in-england

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think Klopp needs a country where he won't have to use a translator for everything. A big part of him seems to be his charisma and most of that would probably be lost if it was filtered through another person.

Last edited:

ZDwyr

I think Klopp needs a country where he won't have to use a translator for everything. A big part of him seems to be his charisma and most of that would probably be lost if it was filtered through another person.
What languages can he speak?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I thought he was nearly fluent in the clips I've seen. Certainly wouldn't have any problems in the Prem.

NoPace

If Liverpool win stuff consistently they'll probably have the same positives:

-Lots of Money
-History
-Success
-Prem

and Weaknesses:

-North of England ain't London, Paris, Madrid or Barcelona. Game of Thrones, not Mad Men.
-Lack of Truly Insane Spending like PSG, Chelsea or Citeh at their spendiest
-Madrid and Barca will get some of their best non-Brits
-Munich get most of the best Bundesliga

as we do in the transfer market. The problem they have is that they generally have 4-6 good players instead of the 10-12 you need for a 3-4 year stretch to success to make buying top easier. So they need to hit on upper middle-market guys like Markovic and Lovren, or find bargains like Sterling or grow their own. And they haven't done that well enough to win trophies consistently.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Hope Woodward starts talking to him. We will need him if we don't make top 4.

Oo0AahCantona

Whilst im trying to be very careful to make this not sound completely off the back of these last few performances, He was my absolute favourite to replace moyes, and also top 4 is a minimum requirement for van gaal to stay in his job for me.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Whilst im trying to be very careful to make this not sound completely off the back of these last few performances, He was my absolute favourite to replace moyes, and also top 4 is a minimum requirement for van gaal to stay in his job for me.
We have 2 games as a must win or we are fecked

Status
Not open for further replies.