Juventuz goes into meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinNombre

I hope they get desperate and buy Matic or Martial over the next couple of days.

I know they have no money but an obligation to buy would be fine.

Iron Stove

Was reading the Italian La vecchia signora Juve forum to check reactions and they are pretty pissed of with how their club is run nowadays.. My favorite comment was "we take 2 months to sign Locatelli and United needs 2 hours to sign Ronaldo. It's like comparing Internet Explorer to Mozilla Firefox".

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Was reading the Italian La vecchia signora Juve forum to check reactions and they are pretty pissed of with how their club is run nowadays.. My favorite comment was "we take 2 months to sign Locatelli and United needs 2 hours to sign Ronaldo. It's like comparing Internet Explorer to Mozilla Firefox".
That's literally the caf on any other transfer.

Gonçalo Motta

That's what happens when you are way to busy using Ronaldo as a scapegoat instead of addressing the real issues.

I suspect they will find out really soon that the guy that was scoring 30+ goals was the same guy that was keeping that Juve side alive (and Chiesa as well tbf).

I would be surprised if they end up being outside of the top 4 at the end of the season either way.

Woodzy

Imagine having the best player in the world and thinking he is the reason your team is shit.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Now, just like Real before them, they will able to free themselves from the Ronaldo shackles and have a fast free flowing attacking steamroller.

Right? :lol:

Even if they can reverse the Torres-isation of Morata their midfield and irregularity of Dybala will keep them low. I think they might fall from top4.
That's what happens when you are way to busy using Ronaldo as a scapegoat instead of addressing the real issues.

I suspect they will find out really soon that the guy that was scoring 30+ goals was the same guy that was keeping that Juve side alive (and Chiesa as well tbf).

I would be surprised if they end up being outside of the top 4 at the end of the season either way.
Come off it. Dybala was the best player in the league in 19/20. He's had 2 inconsistent seasons - the last, when he was constantly injured - and 18/19 where the problem really *was* cristiano, and allegri's inability/unwillingness to fit them together. He's been the best player in serie A in 16/17, 17/18 and 19/20. And he wasn't in 15/16 only because Higuain was a monster

They still have the best squad in the league, and arguably the 2 best players in the league with Chiesa as well.

They're worse off, but they have Allegri on the bench. First game was a fluke with Scesny gifting udinese two goals. So they had a bad game at the beginning of the season, so what

Flytan

Come off it. Dybala was the best player in the league in 19/20. He's had 2 inconsistent seasons - the last, when he was constantly injured - and 18/19 where the problem really *was* cristiano, and allegri's inability/unwillingness to fit them together. He's been the best player in serie A in 16/17, 17/18 and 19/20. And he wasn't in 15/16 only because Higuain was a monster

They still have the best squad in the league, and arguably the 2 best players in the league with Chiesa as well.

They're worse off, but they have Allegri on the bench. First game was a fluke with Scesny gifting udinese two goals. So they had a bad game at the beginning of the season, so what
They went from winning the league for like 10 years in a row then barely finishing 4th. Of course people are gonna overreact to some bad results. It's been a downward trend now for a while

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Btw, from a genius on facebook(translated from italian)

Cristiano's story with juventus:
-scored the goal of his career against them
-converted the penalty of the "garbage can instead of a heart"
-did not win them the CL
-they even lost the league
-ruined them financially
-abandoned them like a dog on the motorway on August 27th, humiliating them

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I hope they get desperate and buy Matic or Martial over the next couple of days.

I know they have no money but an obligation to buy would be fine.
I'm sure they have money now after releasing Ronaldo's wages. Ronaldo was on double than what we are paying now.

Yagami

Good post resistant

-did not win them the CL
-ruined them financially
What does this mean?

MattofManchester

Can't blame Ronaldo for Juve's woes. He was their top scorer.

Nevermind their midfield was shite and the manager, albeit a legend, drove them deeper into the pit.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

-did not win them the CL
-ruined them financially
Practically nobody has been able to win Juve the champions league in 20 years. They're cursed.

TsuWave

Pepito cosmology tactics and Tibetan method of team selection :lol:

They are a funny bunch. I still remember Massimo Del Culo :lol:

I hold no ill will towards Juventus. Massive club.

Bearded One

I expect them to be bitter towards us since they lost star men Pogba and now CR7 to us.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto

Honestly I disagree with that, especially with things like Dybala being Juve best player in 19/20.
Yes he was definitively good in that season but people are desperately trying to rate players that unblock some important games and score beautiful goals and are technical, then forget about what regularity really means.
Dybala had an excellent 11 goals and 11 assists in Serie A that year, that's a very good season, but then you check that Ronaldo had 31 goals and 6 assists, even if you want to remove the penalties he was still more involved in more goals than him.
And it's not a surprise that Dybala's excellent numbers were helped by Ronaldo as well, this isn't a zero sum game and players benefit from each other.
In the Champions League where was Dybala against Lyon? Ronaldo did his part with 2 goals yet again (the second year in a row he was the only Juve player that actually scored in the knockout stages).

Those "easy goals" that Ronaldo score may not look much but they're absolutely decisive and they're not as easy as they seem.
You lost Ronaldo and suddenly you lost the ability to fill the 30 goal void of those tap-ins and penalties - from 100 goals you got to 70 and not "golden ball" Modric nor "now free" Benzema nor "neymaresque" Rodrygo were able to generate the numbers they had without him.

Dybala is irregular both in form as in injury form
Last year in the same game they both got to 100 goals for Juve, Ronaldo is the fastest player to score that amount for Juventus, Dybala needed around twice the number of seasons.
Numbers don't say everything but Dybala has never been anywhere close to be decisive for the team if things don't go right for him. Ronaldo just does that regardless of the direction the wind is blowing.
As for Juve they're been terrible in the past years with or without Ronaldo and with or without Dybala.
It's not Ronaldo's fault that Allegri didn't use them together. Ronaldo kept doing his job so ask Allegri why. Ronaldo supported Dybala (see his dybala celebration when he "returned" to the team) and liked to play with him.

I don't rate Allegri that much actually.
Don't get me wrong, he is a good manager but I don't think he is as good as people paint him. I'm very open to have my mind changed so let's see what he can do this year - I think Juve will struggle to get top4 so let's see.

Remember when people were saying how good was Ronaldo playing in that first season even if he wasn't scoring much?
He had Cancelo being excellent in attack and Mandzukic as an actual finisher as a partner in attack.
Those were sent away and with the braindead transfer ever since it was over.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto

-scored the goal of his career against them[

wth is this :lol: I guess it's an italian expression that makes no sense in other languages
-did not win them the CL
Well Juventus seems to not want to with the transfers.
In the first 2 years he scored their only goals in the knockout stages including that hattrick against Atlético that people only believed could happen because it's Ronaldo.

He did what he could with his meagre 29 goals :lol:

-ruined them financially
Yes it was only him, surely not keeping Matuidi and Khedira way after their time, the super wages of Rabiot and Ramsey and the inability to get rid of Higuain.
As well as other expensive wage players but lack in output with Danilo, Cuadrado, Pjanic, etc

But isn't this supposed to be saving them by letting Juventus finally play well and breath financially?

I could also join some more :P

- Faster player to get to 100 with Juventus; I think his 101 goals and 22 assists in 134 games is also the best goal involvement ratio in the history of Juventus for players with more than 100 games or so (please check)
- Best Juventus scorer in the league for more than 50+ years with 31 goals
- His hattrick vs Atlético was the first time in Juventus' history turned around a 2-0 deficit in a knockout game in the Champions League
- He has the record of most consecutive away games scored in Serie A (or just for Juve? not sure)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Honestly I disagree with that, especially with things like Dybala being Juve best player in 19/20.
He literally won the serie A best player award

Inconsistent, he is not. Injury prone, maybe, but then again that too has only been a problem in 2 seasons

bakalhau

Chiellini saying to Allegri: "Non è squadra", translated: "this is not a team [probably in terms of union, heart]".

Agree with him there. I always felt a bit like that specially the last 18 months.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
This further proves my point that Juve failed Ronaldo and not the other way around.

Look at his stats, his last minute goals the amount of goals he scored in the KO round for them.

They clearly knew they wanted Ronaldo and had zero plan on how to further improve an aging squad to make them competitive. You managed to get the biggest big game performer in football and then have a team of pedestrian players around him.

He was not going to waste another 35+ goal season at Juve and rightfully so.

bakalhau

I agree with everything you say. I truly wanted them to win a CL, it would be such a great story starting with the standing ovation after that bycicle kick... But it seems their problems are very deep and even though I trust Allegri, even he will have a mountain to climb. Ronaldo probably just did not identify himself with what he saw around him and got out. I'm glad he did.

stevoc

Juventus gave me some of my favourite football memories, especially the Roy Keane masterclass in 99. And I like how they basically have the same kit as Newcastle but manage to make it a lot more sophisticated looking.
Sorry what are you talking about?

They're completely different, Newcastle's kit is white with black stripes and Juve's kit is black with white stripes.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Its funny some people blame Ronaldo for holding back Juventus, when it is so clear that Juventus has been holding back their 36 goals top scorer instead. Truth is, Juventus is not a functioning team with lots of issues everything. Its sp plain obvious that only clueless ones couldn't see that.

Nick7

Sorry what are you talking about?

They're completely different, Newcastle's kit is white with black stripes and Juve's kit is black with white stripes.
Opposite this year. Juve’s is white with black stripes and Newcastle is black with white stripes.

La Vecchia Signora

Supports
Juventus
Juve way is to lose first games. Dybala and Kaio are the players now. Have a Ronaldo all you want. Juve can’t use him anymore. He needs a lot of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.