Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season

fergies coat

but I'll tell you, you can tell him now if you're watching it, we're still fighting for this title, and he's got to go to Tottenham and get something, and... and... I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them, love it!

Jurgen Klopp. 24 April 2024.

moodyred

He gets a open bus top celebration with a mickey mouse cup. And pools fans called it an end of a successful era. ERA? Seriously?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
At least he got to finally experience a good atmosphere on Merseyside. :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They were terrible tonight. Salah looks really poor despite the stats. Can see a Fergie like drop off for the old players in the squad once Klopp leaves.

90 + 5min

Now when the title is pretty much gone and he is leaving, can we look what he did? Sure, Liverpool have played brilliant football last couple of seasons and he is very good manager but what counts are trophies. So what did he won?

1 Premier League (slim chance for one more)
1 Champions League
1 The FA Cup
2 League Cup
1 Super Cup UEFA
1 World Cup FIFA
1 Community Shield

That is done in since 2015. Is that enough for people to consider him as one of the best ever like some do? You tell me.

fergies coat

Now when the title is pretty much gone and he is leaving, can we look what he did? Sure, Liverpool have played brilliant football last couple of seasons and he is very good manager but what counts is trophies. So what did he won?

1 Champions League
1 The FA Cup
2 League Cup
1 Super Cup UEFA
1 World Cup FIFA
1 Community Shield

That is done in since 2015. Is that enough for people to consider him as one of the best ever like some do? You tell me.
If United won that in the next 9 years I'd take it.

Telsim

Now when the title is pretty much gone and he is leaving, can we look what he did? Sure, Liverpool have played brilliant football last couple of seasons but what counts is trophies. So what did he won?

1 Champions League
1 The FA Cup
2 League Cup
1 Super Cup UEFA
1 World Cup FIFA
1 Community Shield

I'm not one to defend him, but he was competing with a state-backed Pep Guardiola and a club that made quick work of the rule book. And he gave it a good go. Relative to where Liverpool were before, I think it makes him one of the best, yes. Just as I would consider someone the best if they came in this summer and did the same to us. It would take something special.

always_hoping

Klopp took a very bad time to lose his first away match to Everton. The home support all singing loudly "you lost the league title in Goodison Park" a good sign off for that old ground!

Wayne's World

but I'll tell you, you can tell him now if you're watching it, we're still fighting for this title, and he's got to go to Tottenham and get something, and... and... I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them, love it!

Jurgen Klopp. 24 April 2024.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not everyone can go out a winner

*insert picture of Fergie lifting the premier league trophy here*

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Now when the title is pretty much gone and he is leaving, can we look what he did? Sure, Liverpool have played brilliant football last couple of seasons and he is very good manager but what counts are trophies. So what did he won?

1 Champions League
1 The FA Cup
2 League Cup
1 Super Cup UEFA
1 World Cup FIFA
1 Community Shield

Not one of the best ever obviously but it's a great CV. He's won everything you can win there.

I see kinda parallels between his Liverpool and our 2007 to 2011 side. That United side is one of the greatest ever but we just had to be around at the same fecking time as the greatest ever in Barca. And without 115 around, then Liverpool win a handful more league titles. A successful period for both clubs but also a period of "What could've been..."

Garnacho's Shoelaces

1 Champions League
1 The FA Cup
2 League Cup
1 Super Cup UEFA
1 World Cup FIFA
1 Community Shield

Spent €1bn too. There is a narrative he's been frugal but he's the highest spending manager per EPL title.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
His farewell tour is going great :lol:

- Lost to a struggling United team in dramatic fashion in the FA Cup
- Proceeded to draw in the league
- Embarrassed and knocked out of the Europa League
- Lost his final Liverpool derby. For context: Everton had only won 5 of the last 53 games in this century :lol:
- Probably out of the title race
- His 3 best players turn 32, 32 and 33 this year. Two other starters, Robertson and Endo, recently turned 30 and 31 respectively.

Beautiful.

astracrazy

1 Champions League
1 The FA Cup
2 League Cup
1 Super Cup UEFA
1 World Cup FIFA
1 Community Shield

Considering liverpool fans called anything beyond the first three a mikey mouse cup until they won it, no.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not one of the best ever obviously but it's a great CV. He's won everything you can win there.

I see kinda parallels between his Liverpool and our 2007 to 2011 side. That United side is one of the greatest ever but we just had to be around at the same fecking time as the greatest ever in Barca. And without 115 around, then Liverpool win a handful more league titles. A successful period for both clubs but also a period of "What could've been..."
We'd have won 2 more titles as well.

While it's obvious that City have reduced his haul, its not like they've been 2nd every season for his 9 years. They've finished under us as much as above us until this year.

BorisManUtd

1 Champions League
1 The FA Cup
2 League Cup
1 Super Cup UEFA
1 World Cup FIFA
1 Community Shield

I'd kill for that. And two title races against Pep's City where they won 97 and 92 points. Yeah ultimately that means they didn't win it but they were brilliant and pushed City all the way. It feels good when your team is competent, we haven't been that for a decade. Also got to 3 CL finals. Still in the race this year even though it's a big loss at Everton.

If someone offered us that kind of success for next 9 years, we'd take it given the state of our club.