Kobbie Mainoo | 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I thought he done really well when he came on. Kept it simple and linked up well with his teammates. A few more cameos off the bench here and there will be great for him and his development.
Was also the good kind of keep it simple, there's the version of keep it simple which is turn around and pass it back to the CBs and the keep it simple Mainoo displayed which is picking the right pass at the right time.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I like what I saw today. He looks a very nice prospect.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He has appropriate technique and body positioning for a midfielder. I hope he has a good career here.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He is already mature in his play in comparison ro Garnacho (same groupe but not the same position I know so don't bash me). There are things that are noticeable in terms of passing, body shifting, controlling the ball. This kid has football IQ

Red-17

Had a really good block on Maddison's shot from 20-25 yards too pretty soon after coming on. If he can avoid being a defensive liability which many young midfielders can be, he will get a lot more opportunities and gain more trust from the manager.

Bobski

He has that natural comfort on the ball that is so important in tight midfield spaces, there is no sense of panic or stress in his play. Have no idea what his strongest position will end up being but there is a lot to work with there.

Real_Knut

Good on the ball, decent positioning and passes with good weight to them. He also picked the right passes. I loved that block he had, he had one in the cupgame he played as well. Encouraging performance

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fantastic debut. Looked very composed and situationally aware. He will learn a lot by being around the likes of Casemiro. If he's already getting minutes at 17 then EtH must think very highly of him.

El Zoido

I was really impressed, he didn’t look out of his depth at all. Didn’t get a lot wrong to be honest.

AndersB

I was impressed with him today. Very composed for someone his age and experience. Good decision making, didn't overcomplicate stuff. Don't think he had any bad involvements

Bojan Djordjic

He has a velvety touch which I quite like - might wind some fans up because he seems to have the Berbatov/Martial languid approach to play rather than the usual run around like a hyperactive labrador style that a lot of academy players employ.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Jude is as much a product of opportunity and circumstance as he is of ability. I don’t see this guy as less talented.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Jude is as much a product of opportunity and circumstance as he is of ability. I don’t see this guy as less talented.
I think physically at the same age Jude was a fair bit more advanced. No shame in it. I’d love to see players like Mainoo go into the championship as a starter for a season or two to see how they do instead of playing juniors but it looks like he’s going to be getting minutes here and will be brought along in a slow and well planned program. If you’re getting minutes here at that age you’re obviously a super prospect.

3KDré

For the people that have seen more of him, is he more of a number 6 or an 8?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
In my opinion, he's an 8. Though I wouldn't be too surprised if he developed into a 6 when he's a lot older.
Not sure he'd make it at the very top as an 8 but if he can keep improving the defensive side of his game then I think he could be an absolutely top class DM personally.

Bwuk

He didn't look like a kid when he came on. That's the best sign of anything.

Doracle

Thought he looked really good on the ball - silky passing. Hope he gets more chances this season.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He has that ability to glide on the pitch which makes you see in some really special players. Exciting to see if he can make it at United

AFC NimbleThumb

Highlights like today surrounded by more first team players show you the type of player he could become for us. Looked good.

Chairman Steve

His performance was the embodiment of the old Brian Clough quote ’You get the ball and you pass it to a red shirt’

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He was superb in most youth cup games he played in, the season when we won it. Think it was last season? Or maybe the one before?
We won the FA youth cup last season. Great to see Garnacho and Mainoo get fast tracked on the back of it, as it should be at any club that prioritises youth (and has places in the team up for grabs) like we do.

I think the clip in question would be something like the milk cup or some youth tour when he was really young. He was obviously classy on the ball.

I love how he manipulates the ball with his first or second touch to make space for himself. It’s really linear or something. Pleasing on the eye. Then he has the ability to drive on, pop it forward through the lines or knock it short. I think he could be a complete kind of press resistant midfielder.

Bertie Wooster

Really enjoyed watching Mainoo today.

He looked more like he did in the U18's than in his previous 1st team cameos - more confident on the ball and looking to try things.

He's been very impressive in the last couple of years. For me, he's very much a #8 as he's a real box to box central midfielder, capable of contributing both physically and technically up and down the pitch and linking up well in attacks.

He has a lot of potential and really hope he continues getting his opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.