La Liga - 2014/15

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Atlético have signed Cani from Villarreal on loan until the end of the season. That seemed to come out of nowhere!
Eh? The biggest news is Bebé/Tiago joining Córdoba. Finally someone to interfere in the Ronaldo/Messi statistical battle.

Matchday 18 - 10 January - Barcelona V Atletico

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga this weekend - all times UK

Tonight:
Levante v Deportivo de La Coruña 19:45

Sat 10 Jan 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Real Madrid v Espanyol 15:00
Málaga v Villarreal 17:00
Celta de Vigo v Valencia 19:00
Eibar v Getafe 21:00

Sun 11 Jan 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Almería v Sevilla 11:00
Ath Bilbao v Elche 16:00
Granada CF v Real Sociedad 18:00
Barcelona v Atl Madrid 20:00

Mon 12 Jan 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Rayo Vallecano v Córdoba 19:45

Real Madrid have a one point and a game in hand over Atletico and Barcelona. However their 22 game winning streak has come to a very abrupt halt since Christmas with three defeats on the trot. The first was a friendly with Milan, so maybe that shouldn't count. Except they looked similarly underpowered against Valencia and Atletico. Espanyol at the Bernabeu should be a win, but with key players looking tired or out of form it's a big game for them.

The big game for everyone else is of course Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid. Xavi hasn't trained normally so he's a doubt; Pique is available, Mathieu may be fit. It looks like Atletico will continue with Gimenez who has looked really good so far (though Miranda is available) and will use Griezmann and Mandzukic up front.

prarek

Atlético have signed Cani from Villarreal on loan until the end of the season. That seemed to come out of nowhere!
That's big. Quality addition. Thought he was one of Villareal's best players last season imo.

prarek

The big game for everyone else is of course Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid. Xavi hasn't trained normally so he's a doubt; Pique is available, Mathieu may be fit. It looks like Atletico will continue with Gimenez who has looked really good so far (though Miranda is available) and will use Griezmann and Mandzukic up front.
Revelation of the season. Will win young POTY.

Skorenzy

Cani is decent. Surprised Villarreal didnt use him more.
That's big. Quality addition. Thought he was one of Villareal's best players last season imo.
Suffered a lot of injuries in 2014 unfortunately, which caused him to lose his place in the starting line-up this season. Still a classy player, though he's getting on... 33 years old I believe?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Madrid line-up:
Casillas; Arbeloa, Pepe, Varane, Marcelo; James, Kroos, Isco; Bale, Benzema and Ronaldo.

Ramos is injured/rested. Carvajal is suspended. So that's basically as near a full strength line-up as Ancelotti can get.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Madrid line-up:
Casillas; Arbeloa, Pepe, Varane, Marcelo; James, Kroos, Isco; Bale, Benzema and Ronaldo.

Ramos is injured/rested. Carvajal is suspended. So that's basically as near a full strength line-up as Ancelotti can get.
Marcelo dropped out late on apparently, Coentrão starts.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I've always tought of Varane and Pepe as solid? At any rate, you should outscore them either way ;)
Dunno, I feel less confident without Ramos at the back. But the real worry is playing without Carvajal for me, he is an absolute monster. Arbeloa scares the shit out of me.

SirAF

Ageist
Dunno, I feel less confident without Ramos at the back. But the real worry is playing without Carvajal for me, he is an absolute monster. Arbeloa scares the shit out of me.
I see, I haven't seen him play much. I'm certain you'll beat them though.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I'd feel less confident without Pepe in the back. That defence should be enough considering you are playing Espanyol. Besides having Arbeloa and Coentrão (who are more defensive than Carvajal and Marcelo), should give some stability, even without Ramos.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I'd feel less confident without Pepe in the back. That defence should be enough considering you are playing Espanyol. Besides having Arbeloa and Coentrão (who are more defensive than Carvajal and Marcelo), should give some stability, even without Ramos.
Arbeloa being a defensive full back is a bit of a myth. Just because he can't attack people think he's defensive but really he's terrible at both ends of the pitch.

Good for getting away with thuggery but awful at football.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Arbeloa being a defensive full back is a bit of a myth. Just because he can't attack people think he's defensive but really he's terrible at both ends of the pitch.

Good for getting away with thuggery but awful at football.
Eh whatever you say. Mourinho rated his defending, suppose it's good enough for me. He's obviously more defensive (in tactical terms) than Carvajal. Anyways there was a strange love in between both since he and Alonso were the few from the spanish contigent that defended Mourinho

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
And there it is...game over. Nice play by Real.