g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

La Liga - 2014/15

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It's considered one movement from the keeper u thick commentator
Every single time it's a free kick
Yeah it's hard to believe the commentators still haven't gotten to grips with that rule. It's one of the obviously sensible rules in the game too.

saivet

Looking at that table, the highest Real can look to get is probably 8th.

Boycott

Hahaha yes. Sociedad defended excellently, keeper also was in control of his box. Suarez looks off the pace.

cyberman

I think Ole did that against boro a few seasons back and SSN said the keeper has to actually kick the ball or drop it to the floor before the attacker can do anything.
It's still considered in the keepers hands when he throws it up to kick

Ady87

They didn't start training until Friday after a 12 day break; they were given a couple of extra days off compared to the rest of the squad. They'll probably come on fresh if needed in the second half.
Start them where they'd an control the game from the off at their own pace then take them off at half time and 60 mins.

Instead, they ran ragged second half anyway and may as well have played 90 anyway. Poor decision making from me, especially in light of Madrids result.

Jerch

Such a joy watching Barca losing :) I forgive Moyes for half of the things from last season because of that game :)

Ixion

Don't know what the commentator was on about, Neymar obviously isn't allowed to do what he did for that 'goal' at the end.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Smalling first yellow card in the derby was for doing that.
No it wasn't. Smalling stood in front of Hart and blocked the ball after it had connected with his foot.
Not the same.

I have no idea what are rules are regarding what Neymar did, but I assumed it was foul play. However it wasn't what Smailling did.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Roberto Martinez getting hammered on a regular basis in the Premier League. David Moyes beats Barcelona. What a difference a year makes?

cyberman

Yeah it's hard to believe the commentators still haven't gotten to grips with that rule. It's one of the obviously sensible rules in the game too.
Sky's commentators are always biased towards the Spanish old firm, think that's something to do with it.
I'll never forget a disallowed Barca goal a few years ago from an obvious offside, the commentators both had a go at the ref saying a beautiful goal like that should be allowed because it made no difference on who won or lost!

Skorenzy

Well, a more obvious result has seldom occured... Lucho just made sure to balance out the Moyes factor by benching Messi, Neymar, Dani Alves and Piqué :D

OneUnited24

Is this the way Sociedad always play?

We would absolutely play Barca on the counter-attack. We did under Fergie. With mixed results. So far Moyes has a 100% record. Not really a game to be taking the piss.
We did it once under SAF, away in the Nou Camp. At home that season we went for it, granted Barca had the possession stats but we only sat back in the last 15 of that game (given that we were only winning by a single goal its pretty much understandable). Had he done it vs them in 2009 and 2011 we might have more UCL titles to our name... Unless i watched a different final.

I've watched Real Sociedad a few times this season and against the Madrids they looked a good outfit, since Moyes has come in you definitely can tell they are now sitting deeper and relying to get teams on the break. OFC there are some games where they actually play possession football but its usually against lesser opposition. I'm hardly making fun of him but at a place like United you want a manager who isnt scared to go toe to toe with the opposition something that i don't think he would ever try against a goodish side, the last time he tried? Villareal and that didn't go too well - and this isnt the same Villareal from a few seasons ago.

Never did i state that United have never played like that - i mean we've done it many times this season and have a record of doing it vs Asnl away for the last 10 years. BUT while i can understand the tactical decision to do it I would still want a manager to show thats not the only type of football he can play and is good at... Unless you're happy with relying on that type of football week in week out.

Last edited:

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Stupid from Enrique though, especially when they have a chance to close the gap knowing Madrid had lost earlier. Just start your top boys and get the job done. Been taking notes from Rodger's book of 'shite selections of the season so far'.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Start them where they'd an control the game from the off at their own pace then take them off at half time and 60 mins.

Instead, they ran ragged second half anyway and may as well have played 90 anyway. Poor decision making from me, especially in light of Madrids result.
What are you doing on RedCafe Lucho?

saivet

Eto/Chelsea scored a couple of those last season and they stood if I remember correctly.
Just watched the one against Cardiff and that one is different to tonight as the keeper bounces the ball.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The relevant FIFA explanation of the law says:
Offences committed against goalkeepers
• It is an offence for a player to prevent a goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands
• A player must be penalised for playing in a dangerous manner if he kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it.

The interpretation document is the thing the ref uses, it's at the bottom of this page:
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Are ppl trying to argue against "Underdog suits Moyes" just arguing for the sake of it? Moyes has been getting home wins/draws at Goodison against the big 4 for ages, nothing new here. That's also how we played Bayern last year at OT! When big teams use to play defensive they are still expected to win. But Moyes is at his best when there are no expectations and whete a win/draw against a big team is just a bonus!

Anyway well done to him, great results this weekend for Atletico, they are in the mix again (they were never out if it anyway, but still). The longer they keep this to a three horse race again the better. Then who knows they might do it again, maybe!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Are ppl trying to argue against "Underdog suits Moyes" just arguing for the sake of it? Moyes has been getting home wins/draws at Goodison against the big 4 for ages, nothing new here. That's also how we played Bayern last year at OT! When big teams use to play defensive they are still expected to win. But Moyes is at his best when there are no expectations and whete a win/draw against a big team is just a bonus!

Anyway well done to him, great results this weekend for Atletico, they are in the mix again (they were never out if it anyway, but still). The longer they keep this to a three horse race again the better. Then who knows they might do it again, maybe!
He was always much better at home than away to the big sides, notably.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Cold sunday night at the Anoeta eh?