La Liga - 2014/15

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Just rumours at the minute but apparently Athletic Club want to sign Illarramendi, either permanently or on loan. Not sure how likely it is to happen but I think it'd be a great move for all parties, especially given Athletic's limited pool of signings.

PvsNP

Just rumours at the minute but apparently Athletic Club want to sign Illarramendi, either permanently or on loan. Not sure how likely it is to happen but I think it'd be a great move for all parties, especially given Athletic's limited pool of signings.
Apparently, they are willing to pay €25m for him. He's barely established himself at this level, yet Real Madrid and now Athletic are willing to pay this kind of money for him. Insane.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.co...fer-e25m-for-real-madrids-asier-illarramendi/

prarek

No talk about Atleti's Chinese investment? Will this clear off some debt?
I doubt it. It'll probably help a bit in the short term but he's not going to bankroll the club unless he has a majority controlling stake, like id say atleast 70% for him to be wanting to throw money around. He could increase his stake in the future though.

prarek

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He's a good player. Do Athletic need him though? Maybe they're selling Ituraspe to us. ;)

Athletic should be investing that money on a striker tbh.
They do seem an inconsistant side, they beat us and then sold Martinez and Llorente, had a not as good season. Last season qualified for the CL, sold Herrera, struggling this season. They do seem to struggle for goals. If they concede then they try to score and get picked off in the process and concede another. I like Laporte he seems quite good on the ball, has good height and at 20 might still be growing, quite composed for a youngster.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Athletic should be investing that money on a striker tbh.
There are very few good Basque strikers. They had by far the best in Llorente, and have done to even come close to replacing him with Kike Sola, Borja Viguera and Aduriz.

The only other option is Agirretxe who plays for Sociedad and as a result likely wouldn't sign for Athletic.

Only 3 teams in Europe's top 5 leagues have scored less goals from open play than Athletic.

prarek

There are very few good Basque strikers. They had by far the best in Llorente, and have done to even come close to replacing him with Kike Sola, Borja Viguera and Aduriz.

The only other option is Agirretxe who plays for Sociedad and as a result likely wouldn't sign for Athletic.

Only 3 teams in Europe's top 5 leagues have scored less goals from open play than Athletic.
I wonder if there are any decent non-spanish Basque strikers around, they'll most likely be in France.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Real Madrid officially confirmed the Lucas Silva signing tonight. About £11.5m apparently.

Eila

Illara is worth it for Athletic just to piss off Real Sociedad. And they have to spend Herrera money somewhere.

Matchday 20 - 24 Jan - Ronaldo sees red and everyone wins

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
This weekend's matches.

Today
Córdoba v Real Madrid 15:00
Elche v Barcelona 17:00
Atl Madrid v Rayo Vallecano 19:00
Real Sociedad v Eibar 21:00
Villarreal v Levante 21:00

Sun 25 Jan 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Deportivo de La Coruña v Granada CF 11:00
Ath Bilbao v Málaga 16:00
Espanyol v Almería 18:00
Valencia v Sevilla 20:00

Mon 26 Jan 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Getafe v Celta de Vigo 19:45

Cordoba have one win at home, and their favourite point-collecting score is 1-1, the kindest thing that can be said for them is they're organised.

Whereas nobody would describe Elche as organised, they have the worst defensive record in La Liga. However, at home, sometimes they surprise people so Barca can't treat it as a walkover.

Atletico V Rayo is a Madrid derby between teams of such different style it's got to be intriguing, despite Atletico being clear favourites.

Best match of the weekend ought to be Valencia-Sevilla. The battle for fourth place. Emery back in Valencia. Negredo playing his old team.

PvsNP

RM line-up:
Casillas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo; Kroos, Khedira, James; Bale, Benzema and Ronaldo.

Bench: Navas, Arbeloa, Nacho, Coentrao, Illarra, Jesé and Chicharito.

Where's Pepe and Isco?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Both injured, Isco with a calf strain (I think) and Pepe has problems with his ribs.

PvsNP

Cordoba line-up:
Juan Carlos, Gunino, Pantić, Crespo, Edimar, Deivid, Rossi, Bebé, Fede Cartabia, Ghilas, Florin.

Bebé starting.

Both injured, Isco with a calf strain (I think) and Pepe has problems with his ribs.
Shame with Isco, I enjoy watching him play.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
That was unexpected. Guess the "they scored too early" cliché will apply today though.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Bébé destroying Madrid's left wing

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Bebe could have done better there

prarek

Cordoba look good on the counter but the final delivery has to be better.