La Liga - 2014/15

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I'd bet my house that he's also got the worst conversion rate out of those free kick takers as well, although Carlos was pretty bad at them as well.
He seems to go through good patches and bad ones with them - I think the last two seasons have just been uniformly bad though. This season he's not even done well enough for the ball to come bouncing out off the keeper and give someone else a goal.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Always happy getting Ray Hudson commentating. He's a marmite commentator but far more entertaining than anyone else out there. His coworker mentioned Luis Garcia, and he started singing " Ohhhh Garcia, he likes to drink sangria" :lol::lol:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Ronaldo has more goals than half of the clubs in the league according to the portuguese pundit :houllier:
Just checked, only first six teams have scored more goals than Ronaldo did before the game. feck sake.

Aboutreika18

He seems to go through good patches and bad ones with them - I think the last two seasons have just been uniformly bad though. This season he's not even done well enough for the ball to come bouncing out off the keeper and give someone else a goal.
I remember he scored one against Sunderland for us where he bent the ball over the wall rather than going for his usual blast routine which made me wonder how much more prolific he would be at them if he tried bending them over the wall.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
What an awful game. And Ronaldo since he already scored, can´t be arsed either.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Didn't catch the second half. Madrid took their foot of eibar necks?
Yeah. Ancelotti also subbed important players so they could rest and give rhythm to other such as Pepe. No goal chances either, just a slow, boring match. Hopefully Sevilla vs Barcelona compensates this

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Good goal by Jese. Finally something interesting happened

Skorenzy

What an awful game. And Ronaldo since he already scored, can´t be arsed either.
He is arsed, was just shown berating Navas for taking his time with the goal kick :D

3-0, Jesé, solo dribble, great shot!

Clas Sified

This is why watching the big two in league action is boring unless it's the Clasico or they're versing Atletico. All other teams bar Valencia and Sevilla are atrocious.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He is arsed, was just shown berating Navas for taking his time with the goal kick :D
Heh. But sometimes during the match he was just strolling around or passing to the teammates (which is odd). He just can´t dribble atm, he used to be such a good dribbler at Sporting. But i prefer the clinical Ronaldo to the flair Ronaldo tbf

Clas Sified

Heh. But sometimes during the match he was just strolling around or passing to the teammates (which is odd). He just can´t dribble atm, he used to be such a good dribbler at Sporting. But i prefer the clinical Ronaldo to the flair Ronaldo tbf
He destroyed teams in the Prem as well. He used to be one of my favourite players to watch, but now? Rather boring tbh.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He destroyed teams in the Prem as well. He used to be one of my favourite players to watch, but now? Rather boring tbh.
Just a min ago he couldn´t dribble past that Eibar defender, which was something he used to do with some ease at Sporting and United.

Raul Madrid

This is why watching the big two in league action is boring unless it's the Clasico or they're versing Atletico. All other teams bar Valencia and Sevilla are atrocious.
Do you consider a lot of the teams in the CL group stage and even some of the teams in the CL knockouts to be "atrocious" also? Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern have been beating such teams in a similar manner to how they beat teams in their own domestic league for a number of years now. In comparison, a lot of the Premier League teams finish 2nd or get out of the groups by the skin of their teeth. And there will always be one or two that go out in the groups (United, Chelsea, Liverpool, City x2 in recent years).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just a min ago he couldn´t dribble past that Eibar defender, which was something he used to do with some ease at Sporting and United.
He hasn't been that player for ages now.

He seems to be a poacher now every time I watch him. And I've defended him numerous times when people called him that 4 odd years back.

amolbhatia50k

What a ridiculous generalisation. Malaga beat Barcelona a few weeks back btw.

amolbhatia50k

Also Barcelona made city look mediocre in the cl so it's more to do with Madrid and barcas quality rather than the lack of it from the rest. You can get into the distribution of money stuff but that's a different matter. The notion of premier league watchers of la liga being terrible outside the big teams is ignorant and plain stupid

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Move along now, nothing to see, it´s just the La Liga is crap bar 3 or 4 teams post of the week

Skorenzy

Huh? How is that different from what he did during the entire game? Ball played into him, he passes it short off to the side or back to sender and runs into the box waiting for the cross, usually floated far post. Rinse, repeat.

amolbhatia50k

Huh? How is that different from what he did during the entire game? Ball played into him, he passes it short off to the side or back to sender and runs into the box waiting for the cross, usually floated far post. Rinse, repeat.
Yeah like I said, he looks a real poacher to me. A brilliant one, of course.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Huh? How is that different from what he did during the entire game? Ball played into him, he passes it short off to the side or back to sender and runs into the box waiting for the cross, usually far post. Rinse, repeat.
Eh? I´m talking effort wise. It wasn´t the usual Ronaldo with 30 shots and running all over the place. Playing style it was more of the same, i´m just talking about the intensity.

amolbhatia50k

Eh? I´m talking effort wise. It wasn´t the usual Ronaldo with 30 shots and running all over the place. Playing style it was more of the same, i´m just talking about the intensity.
Depends on the team too don't you think? Madrid were lively he got more shots off, Madrid fell flat, he looked flat.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Depends on the team too don't you think? Madrid were lively he got more shots off, Madrid fell flat, he looked flat.
Sometimes yes but on other times he´s the spark pushing the team forward. He was in the same wavelenght as the team. Nothing wrong with that since it was just Eibar and they solved the game quickly.

Skorenzy

Yeah, not much intensity in the entire team anyway (apart from Isco and Marcelo, and Jesé at times in the 2nd). Once Marcelo went off that side became sterile offensively. Chicharito instead of Benzema also changed the dynamic considerably. Cristiano was trying some runs with the ball here and there, but didn't have much luck. Still 7 shot attempts (two from free-kick) which is basically his average per game.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah, not much intensity in the entire team anyway (apart from Isco and Marcelo, and Jesé at times in the 2nd). Once Marcelo went off that side became sterile offensively. Chicharito instead of Benzema also changed the dynamic considerably. Cristiano was trying some runs with the ball here and there, but didn't have much luck. Still 7 attempts (two from free-kick) which is basically his average per game.
Did he pull any succesful dribble? I just thought it wasn´t really a typical Ronaldo game in terms of effort perhaps it was just my perception.

Skorenzy

Did he pull any succesful dribble? I just thought it wasn´t really a typical Ronaldo game in terms of effort perhaps it was just my perception.
2 successful ones out of 7 attempts. By comparison, Isco 7/7 and Jesé 5/7.

I agree (as in my above post) that the intensity wasn't really there, we just differ on the main cause for that -- ie. for me it was more the fact that the entire team lacked intensity apart from two or three players.

Ixion

:lol: at the keeper. Athletico winning. One of the worst bits of keeping I've seen in a long time.

prarek

Mistake from Kameni and Griezmann sneaks in from behind. He can't stop scoring.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Did I just hear that Athleti haven't scored a second half La Liga goal since 7th Feb!?

Clas Sified

Do you consider a lot of the teams in the CL group stage and even some of the teams in the CL knockouts to be "atrocious" also? Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern have been beating such teams in a similar manner to how they beat teams in their own domestic league for a number of years now. In comparison, a lot of the Premier League teams finish 2nd or get out of the groups by the skin of their teeth. And there will always be one or two that go out in the groups (United, Chelsea, Liverpool, City x2 in recent years).
Huh? I wasn't calling Real or Barca crap, I was talking about the entertainment value of La Liga.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
2 goals, 2 lengthy talks from the ref to Amrabat and 3 seconds added time with Athleti on a potential attack. The "extra time" ruling in Spain really is shocking.