La Liga - 2014/15

Skorenzy

Orban gonna get himself sent off if he keeps being this aggressive in every challenge...

Skorenzy

Wow, well, that was about as one-sided a half dominated by the losing side as I can remember...

saivet

Reminded me a bit of our game against Burnley. Outplayed but the home team somehow leading.

gaucho_10

In Valencia Barca was shit and they scored a winner in 94 minute. Just incredible how shit they've been this season and they are on track to win the league.
Ancelotti really fecked up this season, just like the last one.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
In Valencia Barca was shit and they scored a winner in 94 minute. Just incredible how shit they've been this season and they are on track to win the league.
Ancelotti really fecked up this season, just like the last one.
They haven't been shit. Their midfield has been dysfunctional which has been offset by the brilliance of the front three.

Today they have struggled with valencia's gameplay.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
no surprise there, neither Busquets or Mascherano can play in 2 man midfield(double pivot), they are both the ones who play behind the two....

Skorenzy

Already suspected it, but just checked on whoscored and Messi has the most passes played of any player on the pitch so far (and most touches)... 41 (same as Busquets), more than Xavi (!) who made 32 (and a better accuracy as well 92 v 90%). Messi has gradually become more and more involved in MF this season but lately it's been very noticeable (RM, PSG, today).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Already suspected it, but just checked on whoscored and Messi has the most passes played of any player on the pitch so far (and most touches)... 41 (same as Busquets), more than Xavi (!) who made 32 (and a better accuracy as well 92 v 90%). Messi has gradually become more and more involved in MF this season but lately it's been very noticeable (RM, PSG, today).
With Xavi and Iniesta not the players they once were, it's been an absolute necessity IMO. It was crucial in the second against Madrid, and today it's been the only way they've kep the ball.

What's happened to rafinha? He impressed me earlier when I saw him but doesn't seem to play much now. The Iniesta busquets Xavi midfield is far too sluggish don't you think?

gaucho_10

They haven't been shit. Their midfield has been dysfunctional which has been offset by the brilliance of the front three.

Today they have struggled with valencia's gameplay.
In January they were in meltdown and Lucho was on his way out. He didn't start the game with same 11 for half of the season. Fiddling, trying and failing. Pure luck kept them close behind Madrid. He didn't even find a formula, it was Messi and moments of brilliance from the other two that "got them going".

Today is just like half of the games this season, playing shit but when you have luck on your side, what else do you need..

I'm frustrated because we'll end up losing the league to Lucho fecking Enrique. Mental.

saivet

Adriano, so I'm guessing Mathieu moves to LB and Mascherano into CB... didn't work out so well last time it was tried (first clásico?)
Oh right. Well Adriano was having a bit of stinker so might work out for them

Skorenzy

Messi trying something acrobatic, just like in the first half he's just a couple of inches short of connecting.

Skorenzy

Messi showing a great array of passes, but the recipients just offside (Suárez 2x and Dani Alves)

Skorenzy

Messi free-kick hits the crossbar, as usual.

Suárez off for Pedro? Unexpected.

Ekeke

Valencia have missed Piatti a bit, he's their best delivery this season. Bringing on Rodrigo De Paul is a bit desperate, he hasnt done anything yet

Edit - oh it was Cancelo not de Paul. Shows how good my stream quality is

Skorenzy

If Barça win this game it's a miracle :lol: Bravo keeps them up with a fantastic save

edit: on the replay it looks more like just a decent save, but still that was a great chance for Valencia