La Liga - 2014/15

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think you stand a chance if you lose Ronaldo. Messi is just too good of a player. Barcelona can cope with Iniesta on his last legs and Xavi leaving (effectively retiring). They only have to replace Dani Alves. Transfer ban won't even affect them. Selling Ronaldo would be a step down. At least for 2-3 seasons.

Selling Benzema is easier said than done. Would have to replace him with Agüero. Not sure if trying to buy all the ex-Atlético players is the best move. Fans are fickle and pricky enough as it is.

I say buy Ronaldo's replacement (if one player can be that) before selling him. He was the Ballon d'or winner only last year. What he pulls for the club commercially is 2nd to none. Messi isn't even close. Financially it would be a stupid move as the millions you'll sell for him would not be a gain because you'd lose the player at his peak and the money he brings.
I have the feeling that Madrid is built around Cristiano , firstly for his own right , but sometimes goes so far as he has to throw all free kicks or not changing his position in the field (which hurts Bale) . I have always been very volatile and fickle, and more after the defeat , but I wonder what would be Madrid if not built around him. Next season he will be 31 years old and I have the feeling that we have not got all the juice to Bale( I think that they are not a good partnership). I said in the newbie forum and I keep it, although maybe in some months I 'll look ridiculous, but I believe that Cristiano will play in United, or at least Mendes will try very hard this summer.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
If you had De Gea in goal he would probably manage to save at least 5 more points than Casillas. Just looking at the table right now and it seems both Barca and Madrid have scored the same number of goals (107) but Madrid conceded almost double the amount of goals (19 vs 34). I guess Madrid must concede quite a lot of chances for other teams then where a proper keeper would manage to help quite a lot.
yes, of course, more important that all the changes it would be to get a new goalkeeper. Now they are talking about Courtois...I don´t know if there is some truth in his bad relationship with Mourinho or is just an invention to pressure De Gea

Trizy

Which means their only option is to play him as a #9
Why? Ronaldo can play his free-LW role and get 50+ goals, what will he get as a striker? 60+? Benzema is already a 30 goal a season striker and if they replace him with Ronaldo they're not going to get another 30+ goal winger.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
yes, of course, more important that all the changes it would be to get a new goalkeeper. Now they are talking about Courtois...I don´t know if there is some truth is his bad relationship with Mourinho or is just an invention to pressure De Gea
I think Courtois story must be made up because I haven't heard anything like that in the English media. Only story about Chelsea and goalkeepers is that Cech will be leaving to maybe Arsenal. Cech would probably be a big upgrade on Casillas now that I think about it....sign him instead of De Gea please :lol:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Courtois story must be made up because I haven't heard anything like that in the English media. Only story about Chelsea and goalkeepers is that Cech will be leaving to maybe Arsenal. Cech would probably be a big upgrade on Casillas now that I think about it....sign him instead of De Gea please :lol:
I saw it in some programs in Spain, François Gallardo, an agent that had a couple of hits in transfer market and now lives with the fame that he got. I found a link with similar info in english, although is not the original source
http://www.squawka.com/news/ridicul...elsea-while-real-madrid-are-in-contact/372742

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
People who gloat at Madrid's misfortunes are almost certainly closet Barca fans or fans of some other Spanish club. Some just afraid to reveal it for various reasons. Most possibly because this is a United forum and "you shouldn't support more than one team" kind of attitude that many people have.

If German football would be more watched by caf members I'd expect them to get a similar treatment.
Well, it was a ridiculous post from me too tbf. Last thing I want to do is piss off United fans that don't dislike us.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Well, it was a ridiculous post from me too tbf. Last thing I want to do is piss off United fans that don't dislike us.
If you piss off people after you're annoyed at people for gloating at your team having just lost out in the title race with two games left, I wouldn't worry too much about those people.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
didn't really think your post was that bad. A United fan would need to be very sensitive to get offended over that.

@Snow wouldnt really say its some sort of Barca agenda to laugh when madrid fail. It is pretty crazy how even after they spent so much money and brought in all those star players they only managed to win the title once in 7 years now

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Barca's record in 2015 is outstanding and to win the league at the Vicente Calderon would be cool :cool:

Just a shame i've missed the fun in the Real Madrid vs Valencia game :lol:
It's amazing that Diego Alves is so brilliant to save penalties.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
didn't really think your post was that bad. A United fan would need to be very sensitive to get offended over that.

@Snow wouldnt really say its some sort of Barca agenda to laugh when madrid fail. It is pretty crazy how even after they spent so much money and brought in all those star players they only managed to win the title once in 7 years now
I didn't say it was a Barca agenda.

Why is it pretty crazy? The Barcelona team was great. They've been runners up 5 out of those 7 times and the one time they came 3rd they were level on points with Barca in 2nd. 5 times semi finalists in the CL and 1 win (maybe 2).

Chelsea and City haven't got a much better record. Barca are also big spenders, they pay more wages. Not a lot had to change in those 7 seasons for one league title to be 2 league titles. They just got bettered.

You think they should have won more? In that time, when was Barcelona not the favorite for the title? Last years is the only exception to the norm.

It's the same statistical trap that people fall into all the time with goal scored, assists etc. When you only look at titles and years and money it looks bad. When you look at the champions each year, what they spent, what their team was like and the difference at the end it doesn't. The same team that beat Real in those years beat United twice in the CL and quite easily I might add. Champions of England and still we didn't feel confident of a win. Real spent all that money to keep up with that Barcelona team. They didn't even have a choice. United are doing the same thing now. They'll spend again this summer to get to a challenging position following a record spending summer to clinch 4th. That's football sometimes for the big teams.

Barcelona will probably finish the season with the best ever goal difference in La Liga. The current record is +89.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I write being in a bad mood , for Madrid and for Deportivo, who is almost in second division , maybe tomorrow I will see things with different eyes.
In January the team was broken physically and still Carlo didn´t do changes in the team while Luis Enrique has been all season with rotations, Chicharito, Khedira, Illarra, Jesé, Silva could have helped more but he gave them two minutes at the end or not even that. How Lucas Silva plays? I am not even sure. Last year he did a mess with the keepers and this year has unnecessarily marginalized Keylor Navas. In all season he didn´t play Bale on the left and Chicharito has begun to play at the end. He is a very nice quiet coach,with good relationship with the press and with the players but eventually has lost two leagues. They threw it last year and this year he mismanaged the team allowing Barça´s comeback. Surely the squad can be improved but I don´t think is so bad to be playing always with the same team. I do not agree with keeping the coach for "inertia", simply because the team has fought for the titles until the end.I don´t really care about the "almost", only about the final results. In the end if they do not win the Champions League, the season will have been a disaster. What will happen if we keep Carlo? He will manage properly the squad next season? His record in liga suddenly will improve? About the players, I imagine there will be many changes and investment, especially in the midfield. Right now I would not bet on anyone to stay next year, not Cristiano, Bale or Benzema ,for age or because the club see a need for new faces to change the dynamics
Really? One year without the league or champions league coming to to winning both would be a "disaster",

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Really? One year without the league or champions league coming to to winning both would be a "disaster",
1 league in seven years with the amount that we spend every summer is not a great record. Every fan can choose what demands to his club but for me is not good to be second,and the worst is that Barcelona is doing better both in liga and C.L

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
1 league in seven years with the amount that we spend every summer is not a great record. Every fan can choose what demands to his club but for me is not good to be second,and the worst is that Barcelona is doing better both in liga and C.L
It's not ideal but it's hardly a disaster. A little better here and there and you could have had both trophies (can still get one). Also, ancelotti is at fault for only 2 of those 7. I'd give him minimum another year for sure, even if you don't win the champions league.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Ancelotti is one Barça win in La Liga, and a Juventus clean sheet on Wednesday away from the sack I'd say.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It's not ideal but it's hardly a disaster. A little better here and there and you could have had both trophies (can still get one). Also, ancelotti is at fault for only 2 of those 7. I'd give him minimum another year for sure, even if you don't win the champions league.
I also would give him another year,I like the play style and I wonder what he will do if he can choose the signings for next year but I think that he didn't manage the squad too well.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
How's zidane at Castilla
He started bad,then in some weeks they were first but now 7th I think,almost without options for promotion,anyway that is not so important,here the logic doesnt apply many times.It's more about the hype of the drama or the new ilusion.In this case I think that Florentino wants his own Guardiola

darioterios

He started bad,then in some weeks they were first but now 7th I think,almost without options for promotion,anyway that is not so important,here the logic doesnt apply many times.It's more about the hype of the drama or the new ilusion.In this case I think that Florentino wants his own Guardiola
Yeah, more than a club, yours is a political institution in itself:lol:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, more than a club, yours is a political institution in itself:lol:
After being in this forum a while I realized that the british football culture is so different,even the fans have a different perspective about many things,very interesting to compare.Anyway I speak for myself,probably other madridistas would choose a model similar to other european clubs

darioterios

I have the feeling that Madrid is built around Cristiano , firstly for his own right , but sometimes goes so far as he has to throw all free kicks or not changing his position in the field (which hurts Bale) . I have always been very volatile and fickle, and more after the defeat , but I wonder what would be Madrid if not built around him. Next season he will be 31 years old and I have the feeling that we have not got all the juice to Bale( I think that they are not a good partnership). I said in the newbie forum and I keep it, although maybe in some months I 'll look ridiculous, but I believe that Cristiano will play in United, or at least Mendes will try very hard this summer.
Right when I'm typing these words I'm having a row with my Ronaldo fan girl sister... Inescapable

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It's pretty strange that Ancelotti has an excellent domestic cup and Champions League record, but struggles to win League titles.

darioterios

It's pretty strange that Ancelotti has an excellent domestic cup and Champions League record, but struggles to win League titles.
It's about maintaining the freshness of the squad and be strong in the right place at the right time. I don't think Carlo has quite mastered that art

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It's about maintaining the freshness of the squad and be strong in the right place at the right time. I don't think Carlo has quite mastered that art
He's had plenty of practice at that by now though? Juventus manager 99-01, AC Milan 2001-09, Chelsea 09-11, PSG 11-13 and now Real Madrid. I remember when he was at Chelsea, in the 09-10 season they started brilliantly, struggled in the winter, then played pretty well in the run in to end up pipping united to the title that season. 10-11 followed a similar pattern.

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
A Spanish court could decide on Wednesday if the strike affecting the end of La Liga season is legal.

The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has suspended the end of the season and the players' union (AFE) also decided to strike in a row over TV rights.

The proposed action puts the final two rounds of league games in doubt, as well as the Copa del Rey final.

Barcelona, who play Athletic Bilbao in the cup final, are only one game away from wrapping up the league title.

They would become champions by beating current holders Atletico Madrid on Sunday, if the game is played.

The RFEF and AFE are not satisfied with a new law, which was supported by the Spanish league (LFP), introducing collective bargaining for domestic television rights. Currently Real Madrid and Barcelona receive most of the TV money.

The AFE and LFP have been summoned to make a court appearance on Wednesday, a league spokesperson has confirmed

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Decision delayed until tomorrow (in regards to the strike)

Source: Marca.