La Liga - 2014/15

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
To be fair what did wasn't that bad. The Atletico players seemed to make a meal of it.

Worst thing Neymar did was roll around 20 times when he was fouled in the 1st half. That was hilarious.
It's not that bad but it's annoying at the same time. They're good enough to keep possession of the ball and kill the time anyway.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's not that bad but it's annoying at the same time. They're good enough to keep possession of the ball and kill the time anyway.
I do agree. I'm not sure why Godin and the Atletico players got SO wound up by it, though.

Neymar was awful today, though. Falling around, unable to keep the ball, just a mess today.

kouroux

I do agree but players do strange and cnutish things all the time. I'm not sure why Godin and the Atletico players got SO wound up by it.

Neymar was awful today, though. Falling around, unable to keep the ball, just a mess today.
Godin is a stupid player, throwing himself and players and screaming he got the ball ... I've always hated players like that.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona

amolbhatia50k

Godin is a stupid player, throwing himself and players and screaming he got the ball ... I've always hated players like that.
At the same time he's probably one of the players that embody Simeone on the pitch.

Tibs

Hope Madrid have a melt down this summer, with Casillas then calming everyone down and bringing the camp back together, cementing his place for another season

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
1 title in 7 years for Real Madrid. The lone one coming under the manager who "failed" and was hounded out. Go figure.

amolbhatia50k

1 title in 7 years for Real Madrid. The lone one coming under the manager who "failed" and was hounded out. Go figure.
:lol: Every post by Chelsea fans has something to do with Mourinho and the pro- Mourinho agenda.

Hamadovich86

Congrats to Barcelona well deserved. Didnt think they'd be able to pull it off at the start of the season but Luis Enrique managed to turn things around and of course having the best player of this generation and some of the very best attacking players in the world helped.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Congratulations to Barcelona. Deserving champions.

Messi and Ronaldo have been wonderful to watch this season. The continual battle has been breathtaking at times. Standing toe to toe and winning games, breaking records, driving momentum and continuing to dazzle fans all over the world by themselves. But with the margins so fine between them this year, the difference is the team around them.

A wonderful defensive record, eventually a sound midfield structure, great rotation at times and the world is in no doubt that Neymar and Suarez have completely out gunned Benzema and Bale since January.

Hats off to the champions. They deserve it. Bravo.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Congratulations to Barcelona. Deserving champions.

Messi and Ronaldo have been wonderful to watch this season. The continual battle has been breathtaking at times. Standing toe to toe and winning games, breaking records, driving momentum and continuing to dazzle fans all over the world by themselves. But with the margins so fine between them this year, the difference is the team around them.

A wonderful defensive record, eventually a sound midfield structure, great rotation at times and the world is in no doubt that Neymar and Suarez have completely out gunned Benzema and Bale since January.

Hats off to the champions. They deserve it. Bravo.
Sorry but the margins between Messi and Cristiano were anything but fine this season unless you're simply talking about goals.

FC Ronaldo

Sorry but the margins between Messi and Cristiano were anything but fine this season unless you're simply talking about goals.
Yeah, keeping it simple to goals, assists and direct-match-winning contributions. I agree with the jist of your logic behind the reply, Messi has provided more to the team during play etc. Was just keeping it simple as the focus I was intending to make was toward the men around them. They made the difference this year. 5 at the back and 2 beside that little genius in particular.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, keeping it simple to goals, assists and direct-match-winning contributions. I agree with the jist of your logic behind the reply, Messi has provided more to the team during play etc. Was just keeping it simple as the focus I was intending to make was toward the men around them. They made the difference this year. 5 at the back and 2 beside that little genius in particular.
Fair enough. I think Barcelona's midfield underperformed over the entire season but their defence was fantastic indeed, and the front 3 speak for themselves.

FC Ronaldo

Fair enough. I think Barcelona's midfield underperformed over the entire season but their defence was fantastic indeed, and the front 3 speak for themselves.
Can see the logic again, however perhaps it was people also judging their standards this year vs previous years. It was only 2 or 3 months ago that Don Iniesta was getting abuse for "not providing a goal or assist in a year" and all that crap. The team dynamic has changed, the midfield is there to provide balance against a lopsided front 3 now, to recover the ball and protect the defence with greater energy and positional play. Not to assist heavily and score. Their game has become more direct and so the focus from those central players changed.

It worked in some form and order too.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Do Barca fans love Enrique now? :D
No doubt :lol:

To be fair, even though I was a bit harsh on him, his vision and tactics depended on Suarez's presence on field to shift Messi to the right. Munir and Pedro at the start of this season were a bit wank. Defensively our record speaks for itself, and the team has been in good shape due to his great rotation system.

amolbhatia50k

No doubt :lol:

To be fair, even though I was a bit harsh on him, his vision and tactics depended on Suarez's presence on field to shift Messi to the right. Munir and Pedro at the start of this season were a bit wank. Defensively our record speaks for itself, and the team has been in good shape due to his great rotation system.
Do you think he'll stay? If he doesn't, I bet Madrid go for him :lol:

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
The most overrated tactical move of moving Suarez in the middle and Messi to the right. I called he should of done that earlier and I bet some of you did aswell.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Can see the logic again, however perhaps it was people also judging their standards this year vs previous years. It was only 2 or 3 months ago that Don Iniesta was getting abuse for "not providing a goal or assist in a year" and all that crap. The team dynamic has changed, the midfield is there to provide balance against a lopsided front 3 now, to recover the ball and protect the defence with greater energy and positional play. Not to assist heavily and score. Their game has become more direct and so the focus from those central players changed.

It worked in some form and order too.
True to an extent - I definitely don't agree with those that were criticising Iniesta for his lack of assists (though I thought he was a let down for different reasons).

I think in a few games the midfield have shown they were capable of higher heights than they generally hit though. Maybe it's asking too much to expect them to have played at their best regularly, and maybe they suffer from being compared to the 09-11 midfield, but I couldn't call them crucial to Barcelona's success.

amolbhatia50k

Barca's midfield has not impressed me this season. They've been functional but the whole onus to create and score has been on the front three and heavily on Messi. For me the back 4 and the front three are the biggest reasons for their league win. I preferred Madrid's fluidity in midfield all season. Their midfield moves the ball with a real verve and threat, whereas for Barca it's all about the front three going forwards. Very top heavy for me. That's why they struggled paticularly in the first half of the season against packed defenses. But I guess you can afford to be that top heavy when you have Messi in this form supported by Suarez and Neymar.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Congrats to our Barca supporting caftards - it's well deserved.

kouroux

The most overrated tactical move of moving Suarez in the middle and Messi to the right. I called he should of done that earlier and I bet some of you did aswell.
It was common sense really, Messi showed he was great coming inside from the right and Suarez can only truly be great in the middle. Not sure why it took so long for their coach to do it (same thing with Herrera not starting for Utd for so long). Sometimes coaches wanna be too clever for their own good.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
:lol: Every post by Chelsea fans has something to do with Mourinho and the pro- Mourinho agenda.
Maybe pro-Mourinho post but he's right. All that posturing and money spent by Madrid and still only one league title in 7 years - not good at all when you think about it.

amolbhatia50k

Maybe pro-Mourinho post but he's right. All that posturing and money spent by Madrid and still only one league title in 7 years - not good at all when you think about it.
Absolutely.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Xavi, WTF man :lol:

Glad we have him this season.

Rakitic has been a absolute BOSS (in bold).