La Liga - 2014/15

PvsNP

The Elche pen was clear cut. Ronaldo kicked the guy although it was an accident. Marcelo's dive, I have no words. He wont get any punishment though, that's for sure. Ramos can get away with a right hander on Mandzukic, then nothing will happen for the most blatant dive you'll see all season.
What about Ronaldo's dive? It was just as bad as Marcelo's.

It's pretty crazy how much RM have gotten away with so far.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
What about Ronaldo's dive? It was just as bad as Marcelo's.

It's pretty crazy how much RM have gotten away with so far.
Cristiano Ronaldo has mastered that exact dive, it's pretty embarrassing. Did the same thing against Atlético, but at least there was a bit of contact that time.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Ronaldo does go to ground very easily, and it's even worse when he flaps his arms about as if he's been hard done by, but both penalties this season against Atletico and last night were fair IMO. Siqueira looked well out his depth and stupidly stuck out a leg to bring him down, and the Elche defender last night basically tripped Ronaldo up. A player with better balance like Aguero or Messi may have stayed on their feet, doesn't mean it shouldn't be given though.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Ronaldo does go to ground very easily, and it's even worse when he flaps his arms about as if he's been hard done by, but both penalties this season against Atletico and last night were fair IMO. Siqueira looked well out his depth and stupidly stuck out a leg to bring him down, and the Elche defender last night basically tripped Ronaldo up. A player with better balance like Aguero or Messi may have stayed on their feet, doesn't mean it shouldn't be given though.
Can understand your point about the Atlético penalty, by the rule back the referee has to give a penalty. I just hate that you can get a penalty for that when the contact didn't stop Cristiano, his dramatic fall stopped him.

No debate about the Elche one though, Cristiano wasn't touched, he literally feigned contact that time so should have been a booking and no penalty.

They'd have won anyway though, penalty or no penalty.

Skorenzy

Almería looking the more dangerous, carved open a couple of gaps already... Atléti started slowly. Moyá dealing very well with crosses so far though.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Atlético clearly trying to stamp out any counter attacks early but they're being punished for it, racking up the cards at the minute.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Can understand your point about the Atlético penalty, by the rule back the referee has to give a penalty. I just hate that you can get a penalty for that when the contact didn't stop Cristiano, his dramatic fall stopped him.

No debate about the Elche one though, Cristiano wasn't touched, he literally feigned contact that time so should have been a booking and no penalty.

They'd have won anyway though, penalty or no penalty.
I'm quite sure the defender accidently caught him running back into the area, then Ronaldo kicked the back of his own foot. Bit of a trip, accidental, and the defender knew it, didn't complain. Others would have stayed on their feet and gone for goal, but if there's contact it's a pen.

He's confirming my opinion that it's Atletico's goalkeeping scout/coach who's the key to finding/making top keepers.
Looked dodgy against Real mind.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Score a set piece goal already, Atletico!! Both United and Atletico not winning/losing is a bit too much for me :mad:

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Unlucky. Raúl García looks as likely as anyone to open the scoring tonight.

Skorenzy

Rubén with a couple of great saves on blasts from Tiago and Raúl García earlier, and now more concerted pressure from Atléti in the final 5 minutes of the 1st half.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Montoya and Piqué in for Alves and Mathieu for Barça, otherwise unchanged.

Scrap that actually. Bartra, Douglas(!) And Piqué in for Alves, Masch and Mathieu.

Skorenzy

Montoya and Piqué in for Alves and Mathieu for Barça, otherwise unchanged.
Really can't see Montoya making it at Barça in the long-term and that new RB they bought recently (Douglas) isn't particularly highly rated in Brazil... Dani Alves has been playing below par for 2 seasons now as well, so that could become a real problem area for them in the near future.

edit: ah, interesting to see that Douglas fellow then... guessing he'll offer something substantial going forward at least(?)

edit2: also, Simeone's love affair with Saúl Ñíguez is hard to understand I have to say

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona: Claudio Bravo, Douglas, Alba, Busquets, Bartra, Piqué, Rakitic, Iniesta, Messi, Pedro, Neymar

Malaga: Kameni, Rosales, Torres, Darder, Sánchez, Weligton, Castillejo, Camacho, Amrabat, Duda, Juanpi

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
6 out of 7 league goals from Atlético have come from set pieces, Miranda top scorer :D

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
About time Rakitic and Iniesta stepped up, they've been pretty disappointing when watching them this season, Iniesta in particular. He's looked a spent force for a long time now.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
About time Rakitic and Iniesta stepped up, they've been pretty disappointing when watching them this season, Iniesta in particular. He's looked a spent force for a long time now.
Really? I think Rakitić has started very well myself. He's been tireless, adding a lot defensively too.

Iniesta a bit quiet though.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Another disappointing game by Griezmann, looks out of sync with the rest of the Atléti side at the minute.

Arda should finish better but good move.

Skorenzy

Rakitic has been excellent in the controlling and defensive phases so far I thought, a little less pronounced in the offensive phase but that's logical given the differences between Barça and Sevilla (he attempts a decent amount of through balls per game for a CM though). Iniesta has been tremendously disappointing for going on a year and a half now IMO.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Haha, Simeone's hand prints on the window :D :D

Good (but scrappy) win for Atlético, assuming they hang on.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Don't see Atlético getting as many points as last season. Looks like last season has drained them quite a bit physically. The way the play the game, it's bound to have some impact physically. Also they rotate less compared to other teams.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Haha, Simeone's hand prints on the window :D :D

Good (but scrappy) win for Atlético, assuming they hang on.
That was brilliant! LvG should hire him for a couple of games! Would love to see Simeone on our touchline for one game organising our defence :lol:

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Rakitic has been excellent in the controlling and defensive phases so far I thought, a little less pronounced in the offensive phase but that's logical given the differences between Barça and Sevilla (he attempts a decent amount of through balls per game for a CM though). Iniesta has been tremendously disappointing for going on a year and a half now IMO.
More what I was getting at, done a sound job defensively, and I think he's actually covered Busquets alot (who I think is horribly overrated), but maybe he justs needs time to start replicating his awsome form from last season. Offensively it's been Messi pretty much on his own, Iniesta needs a kick up the arse.

Skorenzy

Don't see Atlético getting as many points as last season. Looks like last season has drained them quite a bit physically. The way the play the game, it's bound to have some impact physically. Also they rotate less compared to other teams.
Yeah, biggest issues are the loss of Diego Costa and what he offers (Mandzukic is completely different to Costa in terms of style), the likes of Tiago and Gabi having seasons they'll likely not be able to replicate, altered DF (loss of Filipe Luís in particular, and also to lesser degree Courtois) has cost them some pts already, the likes of Griezmann, Jiménez, Cerci needing time to adapt to the offensive system, etc.

Skorenzy

More what I was getting at, done a sound job defensively, and I think he's actually covered Busquets alot (who I think is horribly overrated), but maybe he justs needs time to start replicating his awsome form from last season. Offensively it's been Messi pretty much on his own, Iniesta needs a kick up the arse.
Neymar's done alright in the little game time he's had so far, but yes it's basically been Messi himself creating the majority of Barça's goals ánd chances in general. Don't think Busquets is overrated personally, while he might be quite specialized/limited as a whole and has been massively underperforming since 2013 IMO; on his peak form (2009-11) he was extremely good however.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Malaga with all men behind the ball, it's so frustrating to watch for the neutral. I'd be intrigued to see how Real Madrid go about unlocking defences like that, Barcelona are slow and ponderous as it is, painful to watch when the opposition does that though.

Skorenzy

Great play from Messi to reach Rakitic, who played an absolutely gorgeous ball towards Pedro... great defensive header or that had a high likelihood of turning up in goal.