La Liga - 2014/15

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Criticisms of Messi are almost always just pointless. Like, for example, how dare he not score a hat trick every single match day?
Can see your point but I think @Skorenzy and co are right to say Messi's finishing isn't what it was. This season so far it hasn't had any major impact on Barcelona's performance though (he didn't really miss any major changes against Málaga...right?).

Think Real Madrid will beat Athletic Club tomorrow, especially with Aduriz and Muniain doubtful, but I can't wait until the first Clásico near the end of October.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Busquets is a joy to watch in the middle, any chance he'll ever leave Barca ? I'd have him here or £40m.
He's a pain to watch when the game is played at a fast pace and the teams press Barca properly. His lack of pace is criminally exposed. I have been a vocal advocate to play Masche in DM for a long time now. IMO, a DM should be very good off the ball. Busi is very good with the ball, his touch, control is much better than traditional DM's, but he isn't providing proper cover for our defence. He couldn't even do that in WC when he had Alonso next to him. Barca have a suspect midfield if he is lone guy in defensive duty (as shown by PSG). Why Barca coaches don't play a double pivot is beyond my imagination. it may be simply an ego issue.
And I seriously don't want to talk about Iniesta, no idea what has happened to him. Really disappointing from a player of his calibre.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Aduriz doesn't make the match tonight, what a shame :(

Muniain fit though. Hard to see Athletic Club getting anything out of this but I'll watch in hope anyway.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Modric, Kroos and James midfield again with BBC on top. Hattrick Ronny? Would that be too much to ask against Athletic?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
That looks like a painful one for Beñat! Blood pouring down his face.

Raul Madrid

Athletic Bilbao are playing the offside trap very well so far it has to be said. They have caught Madrid out plenty of times.

Raul Madrid

2-0 Benz, great header.
Yup. I think Ronaldo has had a very good half. He has come close to scoring his second and has provided some good passes with his teammates letting him down (either with their touch being bad or being offside ie Benzema when it comes to offside).

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Yup. I think Ronaldo has had a very good half. He has come close to scoring his second and has provided some good passes with his teammates letting him down (either with their touch being bad or being offside ie Benzema when it comes to offside).
If he had teammates who could finish their chances he would get so many assists too...

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Unselfish by Bale there, especially after Cristiano decided not to square it to Bale in the first half. Tap in for Cristiano.

Ruht

He just cannot stop scoring, blimey. Is that 16 in 11 now?

Second Bale assist of the night as well.

Raul Madrid

Madrid have been very good it has to be said and Ronaldo has been excellent. He is certainly relishing his new role this season. Great save by Casillas right there

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Well...that's a huge exaggeration.
Why would that be a huge exaggeration?! What if we retain the CL? Wouldn't we be one of the best club teams in history?

I know you support Barca but you have to give us that at least, the quality is there for all to see.

SirAF

Ageist
Why would that be a huge exaggeration?! What if we retain the CL? Wouldn't we be one of the best club teams in history?

I know you support Barca but you have to give us that at least, the quality is there for all to see.
Absolutely. I think this Real team should have won a few more La Liga titles with Ronaldo though, but I'm backing them to bag a few more while Ronaldo is still at his best.

Fahad Jawaid

I don't know what Athletic Bilbao are trying to do, wouldn't it be better if they ceased possession to Real knowing how good they are at the break and with Bale and Ronaldo's pace its suicide to play that open. I think Madrid can be get at the counter, knowing they have Kroos, Modric and James playing through the middle, and none of them are great defensively, And lastly why the hell they are playing such a highline.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Really not an exaggeration.

This Real team man for man is on par quality wise with the original Galacticos but plays much more like a team. Plus Ronaldo is on another level to anything they had back then scoring wise.

To deride their quality if they did retain the CL (being the first team to do it since Milan in 1990) would be silly. They're an amazing team full of quality.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool

Because your form hasn't even been that good this season, patchy is probably the best word to use - some fantastic performances and some lucky wins/dropped points.

If you retain the Champions League it'll change things obviously but if it's another season without a league title there'll be a big asterisk beside the achievement.

As for what's missing, well defensively stability for a start. I'm not a Barcelona fan by the way, but Real Madrid are the last team I'd want to win La Liga.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Hard to be one of the best club teams in history without being the best in your own country.