La Liga - 2014/15

Skorenzy

Oh great control and run from Vela into the box, Godín with the risky tackle (think he still got something on the ball, but definitely also hit the man) and Vela get's a yellow for simulation. Should've been a pen probably.

Skorenzy

What a bizarre sequence... :lol: Agirretxe with the useless finishing as usual though, some things never change :lol:

What a clearance from Godín though, so easy to turn those into og's.

Skorenzy

Excellent play from the sub Ansaldi, great movement from Mandzukic to lose his marker but he should've always at least hit the target there!

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The Moyes effect :lol: You can see the motivation on the players

Skorenzy

Makes sense... can't get a win to save their lives, down in 19th, Moyes about to take over... beat both Real and Atlético Madrid :lol:

Hojoon

Real Sociedad players certainly played like they knew Moyes was about to take over.

Ruht

I'd be playing out of my skin as well if I knew my club was thinking about hiring Moyes.

Matchday 12 - 21 Nov: Messi takes Liga record

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga this weekend - lots of interesting games.

Tonight:
Ath Bilbao v Espanyol 19:45

Sat 22 Nov 2014 - Spanish La Liga
Atl Madrid v Málaga 15:00
Eibar v Real Madrid 17:00
Barcelona v Sevilla 19:00
Deportivo de La Coruña v Real Sociedad 21:00

Sun 23 Nov 2014 - Spanish La Liga
Rayo Vallecano v Celta de Vigo 11:00
Levante v Valencia 16:00
Elche v Córdoba 18:00
Villarreal v Getafe 20:00

Mon 24 Nov 2014 - Spanish La Liga
Granada CF v Almería 19:45

It could be a good weekend for Liga lovers. 4 of the top 6 are playing one another, we've got the Valencia derby on Sunday and Real Madrid visit Eibar for the second time in their history (the first time was a 1-1 draw in the Copa del Rey in 2004)

Atletico don't have Miranda for the Malaga game so Gimenez (19 year old Uruguay first choice centre back) plays.

Modric's injury means Ancelotti needs a new partner for Kroos. It should have been Illarra's big chance, but he's injured, so it'll probably be Khedira back from injury. Isco's still looking for a place in the team, and was one of the few bright spots in the Spain NT's matches last week. And Eibar's total wagebill wouldn't cover Bale's wages, never mind Ronaldo's.

Barcelona have a full squad training for the first time this year, though some (like Iniesta) aren't ready to play yet. Pique is spending more time in the dog-house than on the pitch after various off-field incidents and a couple of underwhelming performances. Sevilla have made a great start to the season but have lost the only two tough aways they've played - Atletico and Athletic - so it may just be the schedule so far has flattered them.

There are 6 points separating the top 6 teams and there's no doubt that all of the top 6 could drop points this weekend.

Meanwhile Deportivo with 9 points will play Real Sociedad who have 9 points. Not a bad opening game for Moyes.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
FT and Atletico win 3-1, good result for them.

Next up:
Irureta; Bóveda, Albentosa, Ekiza, Abraham; Errasti, Dani García; Capa, Arruabarrena, Saúl Berjón; Man Utd del Moral
Vs
Casillas; Carvajal, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo; Kroos, Isco, James Rodríguez; Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo y Benzema.

Isco chosen to replace Modric for today. Khedira on the bench.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Mandzukic is nowhere near Costa's quality but Atletico are having so many different goal scorers this season that it doesn't seem to matter much so far. A bigger squad compared to last season also helps.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Terrible from the lino, good reactions from Ronaldo to keep it in, straight forward header for Rodriguez.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
What the hell is that linesman thinking? He has a clear view of the play.

Honestly, thats why La Liga will always be miles from Premier League in terms of global audience. Completely crooked for the big teams, specially Real

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
It'll be interesting to see how this Real Madrid team fairs against a half decent side in Europe. Even with Modric their midfield is very unbalanced, reckon we'd give them a good game.

fontaine

They look very beatable right now, by anyone. No midfield or defence. If I were a Barcelona fan i'd be very worried with the direction that club is currently going in.
There are two teams Real will always beat : Bayern and Barca, because of their suicidal tactics and their inability to adapt their style. That's why I think Spanish managers are absurdly overrated, they are completely inept in traning their teams to play different styles.

I agree with you, if they play a top side who can play defensive like PSG, Chelsea, even Roma, Dortmnd or Atletico they are in trouble

Raul Madrid

They look very beatable right now, by anyone. No midfield or defence. If I were a Barcelona fan i'd be very worried with the direction that club is currently going in.
If not Barcelona then what teams do you consider to be "a half decent side in Europe"? Their record in Europe over the last 5 seasons is very good and better than any English teams. Only Madrid and Bayern's record in Europe is as good in that period. I take it you don't rate Dortmund or Atletico either as they are doing worse than Barcelona atm so that leaves only Bayern and I suppose Chelsea even though they don't really have any competition in their league atm and are not exactly flying in Europe either atm.

fontaine

If not Barcelona then what teams do you consider to be "a half decent side in Europe"? Their record in Europe over the last 5 seasons is very good and better than any English teams. Only Madrid and Bayern's record in Europe is as good in that period. I take it you don't rate Dortmund or Atletico either as they are doing worse than Barcelona so that leaves only Bayern and I suppose Chelsea even though they don't really have any competition in their league atm and are not exactly flying in Europe either atm.
Because Barcelona doesn't play on the break, they always try to dominate the game eventhough they don't have the capacity for that since 2012