La Liga - 2015/2016

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
My first instinct says that makes more (business) sense than when he was bidding Levante in the summer. I hope it works for them.
I didn´t know that was the same person. Definitely, Mallorca is a better destination.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Interesting. Del Piero is one of my favourite players ever. Has never had this kind of role though, as far as I know.
Yes, it seems that the money is arriving in Mallorca. Soon we will start to see many players in these positions, what will make me feel very old :lol:

Match 19: 9/10 Dec - Atletico top and Barca with a game in hand

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Today in La Liga (from the BBC so all times are UK)
Barcelona v Granada CF 15:00
Getafe v Real Betis 17:15
Sevilla v Ath Bilbao 17:15
Real Madrid v Deportivo de La Coruña 19:30
Levante v Rayo Vallecano 21:05

Sun 10 Jan 2016 - Spanish La Liga
Celta de Vigo v Atl Madrid 19:30
Villarreal v Sporting de Gijón 11:00
Real Sociedad v Valencia 15:00
Eibar v Espanyol 17:15
Las Palmas v Málaga 17:15

Celta V (top of the table) Atletico is probably the best looking match there. Atletico have the best away record in La Liga but Celta are certainly capable of putting up a fight.

Barcelona are two points behind but have a game in hand over Atletico. It's hard to imagine Granada who got hammered by Valencia in the Copa midweek getting anything at the Camp Nou.

Incidentally a Chinese group are apparently interested in buying Granada, but these stories tend to start with a deal said to be "close" only to evaporate to nothing later, so I don't know how serious a story it is. The owners think the club is worth 60m Euros, the bid is still "far from" 40m. No news of what's in it for the club in terms of investment either.

Zidane has a home game against Deportivo to kick off his era (or phase, or moment, depending on how things go). At least he'll get a better initial reception at the Bernabeu than Benitez, the great unloved.

Obviously Moyes' sacking has knocked a bit of the "morbo" out of the Real Sociedad V Valencia match. It would be a very good moment for Neville to get his first Liga win. Real are 2 points above the relegation places. Valencia are 5 points behind the Europa places.

prarek

It is the right time to buy a spanish club with the new tv deal.

This is what they get previously.

And this is what the estimacion of the new deal.

Here we see Atletico's tv money double from 41.6m to 102m. It will be even more if they finish above Real Madrid because part of money depends on final league position. Valenica also 48m to 90m. Sevilla 32m to 77m. I know the new deal is still not completely uniform but its a step in the right direction and personally as a football fan am happy with it. No doubt will be more money in future.

prarek

@prarek

Any reason why the money just wasn't split equally? Resistance from Barca and Madrid?

But alas, a step in the right direction.
Ironically its the opposite. Barca and Real Madrid wanted collective rights. Smaller clubs said no they want to negotiate individually as they thought they can earn more. It sounds stupid but it was the beginning of tv commercialization so a lot of unknowns as how it will work.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Ironically its the opposite. Barca and Real Madrid wanted collective rights. Smaller clubs said no they want to negotiate individually as they thought they can earn more. It sounds stupid but it was the beginning of tv commercialization so a lot of unknowns as how it will work.
:lol: on the surface that would have been a bit stupid from the smaller clubs. But I say this without knowing the inner workings/details.

Thanks mate. Is this deal/split set for a x amount of years or when do they revisit the split?

prarek

:lol: on the surface that would have been a bit stupid from the smaller clubs. But I say this without knowing the inner workings/details.

Thanks mate. Is this deal/split set for a x amount of years or when do they revisit the split?
Deal is from 2016-19. So 3 seasons. And i expect much more domestic revenue then because Spain's economy is in recovery mode.

I don't remember well but i think i read somewhere(or maybe someone told me) that at the time initially the small clubs were right and earn a lot of money. But soon the tv ratings were implemented. The network find out that hey everyone wants to watch Barcelona/Real Madrid, no one wants to watch Espanyol, Betis. So they say hey we want the big two, the other clubs take what we give or leave.

Real Madrid and Barcelona were like-

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Deal is from 2016-19. So 3 seasons. And i expect much more domestic revenue then because Spain's economy is in recovery mode.

I don't remember well but i think i read somewhere(or maybe someone told me) that at the time initially the small clubs were right and earn a lot of money. But soon the tv ratings were implemented. The network find out that hey everyone wants to watch Barcelona/Real Madrid, no one wants to watch Espanyol, Betis. So they say hey we want the big two, the other clubs take what we give or leave.

Real Madrid and Barcelona were like-
FFS :lol:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
1-0 Arda Turan with his first assist in Barca colours, Messi with the goal.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
That goal was even better. Lovely goal.

Neymar to Suárez to Messi...

Skorenzy

Neymar and Sergi Roberto incredibly dominant in this game. Messi deadly, Arda and Rakitic hard-working, Suárez... eh, well-meaning just not having "the touch" at the moment. :D