La Liga - 2015/2016

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
You think so? To me he was poor today

Maybe Lucho wants to "poke" them a little by subbing the RB every game as they're both doing an awful job
Well I hate myself everytime Alves makes a cross to the penalty area. Just about everytime gifting the pocession away.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Well I hate myself everytime Alves makes a cross to the penalty area. Just about everytime gifting the pocession away.
Alves replacing Xavi as Barcelona's 6 must be one of the worst insults in the history of football, it hurts me everytime I see his back

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Alves replacing Xavi as Barcelona's 6 must be one of the worst insults in the history of football, it hurts me everytime I see his back
Would've preferred Busquets with #6 but I have no issue with Alves who is an outright Barcelona legend. To think Cesc & Rakitic with #4 was/is bad enough, for me

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
You think so? To me he was poor today

Maybe Lucho wants to "poke" them a little by subbing the RB every game as they're both doing an awful job
Same for me, I expected Arda to take time to integrate but expected Vidal's transition to be smoother - still looks like he's doing neither too well, not the offensive side of things nor the defensive

I like the idea of the competition, should push both

Eddy_JukeZ

Messi's dribbling hasn't been the same since his return from injury. Seems to struggle to explode past players.

He was leading La Liga by a wide margin in successful dribbles per game according to whoscored before the injury. Maybe he's being a bit cautious.

prarek

Parejo has topped the freekick charts for the past two seasons. Don't know why i'm even mentioning this he was terrible today defensively.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
The press is destroying Madrid players, there have been some interesting articles these days. Roberto Palomar in Marca talking about the only possible escape of Florentino, to blame the players and start talking about "a cleaning" in the dressing room.
The journalist warns that in the next months there will be leaks about how bad professionals they are.
Whether or not true, there are already videos analyzing the indolence of certain players in Atleti´s goal.According to the press some of the players are overrated. Atlético players ran 11 km more than Madrid.
Madrid season is almost over so now there will be a constant dance of names and candidates. Today As is talking about Sterling and Kane(Sunday Mirror), el País about Pochettino or Low, and Sport about Valverde. I like Valverde a lot but I prefer him for the National team and still think that Zidane could get another season.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I feel Madrid need to get rid of Ronaldo to move on as a club. The type of atmosphere that his attitude creates is detrimental to the club.

prarek

Koke squares the ball from the right and Reyes slips an own goal.

prarek

Griezmann on the volley but off target. Would have been a great goal.

prarek

3-0. Griezmann with the penalty. Really good performance against a team in good form.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Their defence is monstrous really. Only 11 conceded in the league.

Cait Sith

Still can't believe what Simeone is doing with Atletico. He's competing for the title against Barca with Fernando Torres as his main striker. His 5th year at the club and they still haven't dropped the intensity one bit. I wonder where they'd be if they had an elite striker like Suarez who'd fit their style to the T.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Still can't believe what Simeone is doing with Atletico. He's competing for the title against Barca with Fernando Torres as his main striker. His 5th year at the club and they still haven't dropped the intensity one bit. I wonder where they'd be if they had an elite striker like Suarez who'd fit their style to the T.
2nd place..

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Best manager in the world for me. Absolutely ridiculous what he is doing with Atletico so far. Also a testament to his system that the players who've left Atletico have been shadows of themselves in the new team eg Luis, Costa, Turan(hardly had much time tbf)

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
According to As,James and Casemiro in the middle,Vázquez and Mayoral will start and Isco in the bench.Odegaard has been called to travel to Valencia.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Best manager in the world for me. Absolutely ridiculous what he is doing with Atletico so far. Also a testament to his system that the players who've left Atletico have been shadows of themselves in the new team eg Luis, Costa, Turan(hardly had much time tbf)
Not really, both of them joined Chelsea and for a good part Costa was really good. Premier League is a different beast than La Liga. He bought two in-form strikers and neither have performed up to their former standard. When he took over he had both Falcao and Costa

He's still basically running on the same team since he took over. Change a CB and the GK but his midfield is still pretty much players that form the backbone of the team joined it before he did. Best defensive manager out there which breeds consistency but I've found their attack to be seriously lacking this season and their overall football boring.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not really, both of them joined Chelsea and for a good part Costa was really good. Premier League is a different beast than La Liga. He bought two in-form strikers and neither have performed up to their former standard. When he took over he had both Falcao and Costa

He's still basically running on the same team since he took over. Change a CB and the GK but his midfield is still pretty much players that form the backbone of the team joined it before he did. Best defensive manager out there which breeds consistency but I've found their attack to be seriously lacking this season and their overall football boring.
He's accomplished the most out of any manager over the last 5 years. If Jose can be called the best manager and not "best defensive manager" 6 years back, then so can Simeone presently. What he has achieved at Atletico is simply astonishing.