La Liga - 2015/2016

Moby

Dick
Feeling sorry for Neville.
Not in the slightest, in fact I'd love La Liga to hire a smug overpaid underqualified 'expert' with a screen and a stylus to draw arrows on it and highlight each and every defensive mistake for the 7 goals Barca put past them. Life isn't as easy as it seems from inside the studio, eh Gary?

stubie

Not in the slightest, in fact I'd love La Liga to hire a smug overpaid underqualified 'expert' with a screen and a stylus to draw arrows on it and highlight each and every defensive mistake for the 7 goals Barca put past them. Life isn't as easy as it seems from inside the studio, eh Gary?
Having a slimy brother does not help.

Match 24: 12/14 Feb

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga this weekend with some interesting looking matches.

Starts tonight with:
  • Sporting de Gijón v Rayo Vallecano 19:30 (from the BBC so all times are UK
Sat 13 Feb 2016 - Spanish La Liga
  • Real Madrid v Ath Bilbao 15:00
  • Villarreal v Málaga 17:15
  • Valencia v Espanyol 19:30
  • Deportivo de La Coruña v Real Betis 21:05

Sun 14 Feb 2016 - Spanish La Liga
  • Real Sociedad v Granada CF 11:00
  • Sevilla v Las Palmas 15:00
  • Eibar v Levante 17:15
  • Getafe v Atl Madrid 17:15
  • Barcelona v Celta de Vigo 19:30

Real Madrid V Athletic always has the potential to turn into a good game. Madrid are away at Roma on Wednesday. Bale is still injured - no surprise there. Marcelo is injured. Kovacic is expected to start instead of Isco.

Barcelona lost away to Celta earlier in the season, but Celta's recent form has been all over the place so I've no idea how I'm expecting them to perform.

Valencia and Espanyol are both struggling. Up until that 7-0 thrashing by Barca I'd have said Valencia's problem is they can't score, whereas Espanyol have just been awful. Valencia desperately need a home win. Alcacer is expected to play.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Think Neville will finally get his first league win. If he doesn't he really has to just pack his bags.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Just read that Messi won for the first time of his career the "player of the month" award in Spain which seemed nuts to me but I realized it was a fairly new thing over there (since 2013). It is still nuts when you think about it.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Varane has been really crap so far.

Keylor Nevas with a great save to keep out Aduriz.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Just read that Messi won for the first time of his career the "player of the month" award in Spain which seemed nuts to me but I realized it was a fairly new thing over there (since 2013). It is still nuts when you think about it.
I think that Madrid and Barca players have only gotten it about 6-7 times in total. Usually players from smaller teams being recognized for a good month.

Of course not getting it ever is odd but being the best isn't exactly the same as getting a reward for a good form one month. In England Ashley Young, Yorke and Odemwingie have as many as Aguero. Rooney has only 5.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think that Madrid and Barca players have only gotten it about 6-7 times in total. Usually players from smaller teams being recognized for a good month.

Of course not getting it ever is odd but being the best isn't exactly the same as getting a reward for a good form one month. In England Ashley Young, Yorke and Odemwingie have as many as Aguero. Rooney has only 5.
Cheers, it is still weird.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That is sensational. Excellent game this.

Edit: Ronaldo's goal was lovely too. The first touch at that pace and the perfect finish are so hard and he makes it look so easy.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Athletic are one frustrating team. So much quality but so wasteful and concede easily. Did the same against Barca and got thrashed after missing so many chances.