La Liga - 2015/2016

prarek

Villarreal are catching Atletico on the counters but there is good defending from both teams.

prarek

Baptistao coming on. He scored the winning goal against Atletico last time.

both teams defend excellent.
Atlético is missing Carrasco. His pace/movement usually helps them to break down teams.
Shame he got injured at such at important period of the season.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Baptistao coming on. He scored the winning goal against Atletico last time.

Shame he got injured at such at important period of the season.
It will be very difficult to keep up with Barca, when the offence is not really performing well. Maybe they can score a later winner after a set-piece.

Anyone know Matias Kranevitter and watched him in Argentina?

prarek

Smh i expect better corners from Koke. That was too close to the keeper.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Waited way too long there, last opportunity of the game probably wasted.

Great game overall though, logical scoreline in the end. 11 goals against in 25 games is very impressive.

prarek

Vietto almost..

It will be very difficult to keep up with Barca, when the offence is not really performing well. Maybe they can score a later winner after a set-piece.

Anyone know Matias Kranevitter and watched him in Argentina?
I thought you'd know him well.

Cait Sith

Can we give Barca the cup already and start the next season?
Out of curiousity: When Real is out of the title race and it comes down to Barca vs. Atletico (basically like the final game in 13/14), who do you want to win? :smirk:

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Out of curiousity: When Real is out of the title race and it comes down to Barca vs. Atletico (basically like the final game in 13/14), who do you want to win? :smirk:
Atletico, every time. Like most of you would easily choose Espanyol above us.

prarek

not very. I rarely watch the leagues here. I think he can do well in Simeone´s system - same as Tiago is doing very well. He fits his idea of a CM/DM; not sure that I rate him awfully high.
I see. I did do some research on him last year and what i found out was that he was highly rated(from what i read). Like he was the successor to Mascherano. Checked out some clips but compilations make everyone look good. He also set up Correa's debut goal for Argentina. We will see how he does.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Barça doesn´t lose points even in bad games and players look super mega happy , Atleti is solid and strong ... it seems that everything is nice for others while everything goes wrong for us. Luckily we give a shit about la liga or la copa, clearly we are focused in la undécima :cool: , and in case that there is some accident we still have a nice summer to lick our wounds spending money :)

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
What do you think? You're asking Bob, he's never said a half positive thing about Madrid or Ronaldo.

Anyway, yeah we're out of the race. I'm strangely not even remotely mad or disappointed. Maybe our players will focus on trying to win the CL.
Should I say Bale is the best player this season for Madrid? And I later saw James not starting, specially with Benz and Bale missing. What's happening with James situation?

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Should I say Bale is the best player this season for Madrid? And I later saw James not starting, specially with Benz and Bale missing. What's happening with James situation?
He and Isco are both playing enough to stay happy I think. There were rumours a week or two back that James was enjoying Madrid's party scene a bit too much and Zidane didn't really like it, that's why he preferred Isco. That seems to have settled down a bit now.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
When a video game company in Barcelona celebrated its first Christmas, its owner investigated the Facebook profiles of every one of his employees until he found out what the perfect gift would be for each of them. After that he bought them: a guitar, a skateboard, climbing gear… This year, because he had less available time, he decided to do something easier. Or not. He rented an entire cinema theater in Barcelona and at 00:01 on Friday, December 18, the first moment he could possibly do it, he watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens with all his employees. And if that wasn’t enough he also gave each of them a hoverboard. Want a boss like that? Well, ask for Gerard Piqué, president of Kerad Games.

Not entirely sure, but this tweet might be related to this event:
Source: https://grup14.com/story/pique-now-i-m-focused-on-winning-another-treble

Last edited:

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Barça doesn´t lose points even in bad games and players look super mega happy , Atleti is solid and strong ... it seems that everything is nice for others while everything goes wrong for us. Luckily we give a shit about la liga or la copa, clearly we are focused in la undécima :cool: , and in case that there is some accident we still have a nice summer to lick our wounds spending money :)
hrrm.. I think instead of " :) " there should have been a " :nervous: " at the end of that last sentence

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
hrrm.. I think instead of " :) " there should have been a " :nervous: " at the end of that last sentence
While the team is led by Florentino the strategy is clear so the summer signings are the only incentive.
Buying a player can completely change the entire sports strategy and even the system in the field . Madrid can opt for a conservative strategy doing things right or can choose to spend money , revolutionizing the squad to try to trouble Barcelona(as they did after the leagues of Tenerife or in 2009).
It is obvious that while Barcelona has the Messi factor the conservative strategy has not worked , not for Madrid or any foreign team.
For me there are some possible strategies.
A)the "if you can´t with your enemy, then join them",Madrid did this with Valdano and Redondo in the past, in this case would be to try to weaken Barcelona buying Neymar, avoiding the next "Messi factor".
If A) is not possible then the next solution would be assume that the team despite their quality is not well structured. An attack designed to fat the individual stats of Cristiano, giving him a prominent role and forcing a system incompatible with the characteristics of the team, overpopulated with attacking midfielders, what in Spain we call "media punta". The other day Helguera made some tough statements on Isco but also talked about the structure of the midfield , http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2016/02/17/56c462fde2704ed1498b4587.html
the "socios" of Bernabeu love the attacking midfielders so I wonder if the board/Zidane will have the courage to reshape the team.
What a sermon I wrote :lol:, I think that I needed to vent.

prarek

Granada have sacked Sandoval after loss to Valencia. Meanwhile Iñaki Williams is out for a month due to injury.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
When a video game company in Barcelona celebrated its first Christmas, its owner investigated the Facebook profiles of every one of his employees until he found out what the perfect gift would be for each of them. After that he bought them: a guitar, a skateboard, climbing gear… This year, because he had less available time, he decided to do something easier. Or not. He rented an entire cinema theater in Barcelona and at 00:01 on Friday, December 18, the first moment he could possibly do it, he watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens with all his employees. And if that wasn’t enough he also gave each of them a hoverboard. Want a boss like that? Well, ask for Gerard Piqué, president of Kerad Games.

Not entirely sure, but this tweet might be related to this event:
HooOoOooO boy, hoboi hoboy hoboi, is he man or santa? In ecstacy to have read this anecdote of warmheartedness of Shakira's assistent's assistent.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
was that pass on the penalty even a legal move? if so then I'm surprised I'm not seeing those kinds of penalties more often.
Of course when you execute it perfectly like that it will look like going in every time, but the chance of them missing it is actually bigger than scoring it. If the keeper stays on his feet he can move a few steps forwards and close the angle, if a defender beats the attacker to the ball (and they both start from the same line) it's over, and the second player will only shoot the ball from a yard or so closer than the penalty spot, so not much of an advantage.

Match 26: 26/28 Feb | Madrid derby

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga this (Madrid derby) weekend:
Friday 26th February 2016

Eibar V Las Palmas 19:30 (from the BBC so all times are UK)

Saturday 27th February 2016
Real Madrid V Atl Madrid 15:00
Getafe V Celta de Vigo 17:15
Sporting de Gijón V Espanyol 17:15
Real Betis V Rayo Vallecano 19:30
Real Sociedad V Málaga 21:05

Sunday 28th February 2016
Villarreal V Levante 11:00
Valencia V Ath Bilbao 15:00
Deportivo de La Coruña V Granada CF 17:15
Barcelona V Sevilla 19:30

With Barcelona racing away with La Liga (barring shocks), tomorrow's derby is seemingly about second place and pride. Atletico used to be 3 easy points for Madrid. These days there's nothing easy about Atletico. Real Madrid will be without Marcelo and Bale. Savic and Carrasco are out for Atletico.

However that isn't the only match this weekend. Valencia V Athletic - well, I'll be too busy to watch, but it sounds like a good test for the new improved Valencia winning streak. Barcelona V Sevilla has potential, but Sevilla aren't at their best and Barca at home don't give away much.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don´t like football so early, at 16:00. I like to go to the bar with friends and at that time people are sleeping or after lunch, zero football atmosphere. Anyway will be interesting, the first real test for Zidane, I wonder if he will bring some tactical solution against Simeone.
In second división there is a nice game Sunday morning, Leganés-Alavés. This season my favorite teams to come to Primera are Oviedo and Alavés. I have a good friend, fan of Oviedo and Farça and this year is more interested in Oviedo rather than first division. It´s a historical club that has had many problems lately although in the 90´s had a decent team, even with Prosinecki. Leganés and Alcorcón are other Getafes in my opinion, cities located near Madrid where most of the population supports Madrid or Atleti. Leganés biggest rival is Getafe, the cities are very very close. I think that Alcorcón has a bigger fan base. It´s a team that got their peak thanks to Copa del Rey, something like Numancia or Mirandés. On the other hand is a pity to see Zaragoza without options and Almería near 2B.
On sunday I will probably go to Riazor , is the "día del socio" so my friend gets 3 tickets for 15 euros. If you want to find me in the stands, I am the handsome guy in the stand opposite to Riazor Blues :D.