La Liga - 2015/2016

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
His mental health can surely be called into question yeah.

harhar
Insanity?
For Del Bosque the episode with Barry was nothing, or at least that is what he says in front of the cameras
" We are concerned about the sporting behavior. He has played well in recent months. Then there is the disciplinary behavior and it is clear that we would like that he has a good performance/behavior . His situation with Barry was not serious, it was mild and we don´t have to give importance, it was not a serious episode . "
http://www.marca.com/futbol/seleccion/2016/03/18/56ebeb0fe2704eb1618b4588.html

Match 30: 18/20 March

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Tonight's match:
Getafe V Eibar 19:30 (from the BBC so all times are UK)

Saturday 19th March 2016
Sporting de Gijón V Atl Madrid 15:00
Granada CF V Rayo Vallecano 17:15
Real Sociedad V Las Palmas 17:15
Deportivo de La Coruña V Levante 19:30
Real Betis V Málaga 21:05

Sunday 20th March 2016
Espanyol V Ath Bilbao 11:00
Villarreal V Barcelona 15:00
Valencia V Celta de Vigo 17:15
Real Madrid V Sevilla 19:30

The most interesting looking games are on Sunday.

Villarreal's recent form has been quite poor - their last 5 games DLWLD - that win coming against Bayer Leverkusen in the EL. However, they are capable of causing Barca trouble, at least inasmuch as any team can. Vamos a ver.

Valencia Celta looks like an even match. For Valencia it's an important one if they're going to try and salvage a bit of dignity (if nothing more) from the season.

Sevilla beat Real Madrid 3-2 in November. Madrid have been doing OK at the Bernabeu but have looked weak against serious opposition, it could be a real contest.

prarek

Good video Prarek, where can I get those videos from other leagues? in dailymotion too?.
Check your PM :) I think that Borja will do well at Atletico because Eibar create very few chances and he has 17 goals in the league so he is clinical. And also he is 6'3" and very good in the air. He can also score from anywhere on the pitch. Looking forward to him partnering Griezmann next season. Atletico have another gem in their hands.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Is there a tiny chance that Barcelona won't win the title? They need to lose 3 games and Atlético need to win the rest. 2 losses and 2 draws or 1 loss and 3 draws could also do it. Basically if they don't lose the next 2 it's done because if Villarreal or Real won't take 3 points away from them then the other teams won't either. Rest of their games are against the bottom 11. 3 of their 4 away games are against the 17-19th worst home teams.

I don't know, I wouldn't waste 50 cents with a return of 10k against Barca winning the league. In fact I think the top 5 won't change spots at all. Sevilla are doomed to EL qualification spots, Real won't catch up to Atlético considering the fixture list and Villarreal are now too far behind Real to make the automatic qualification spot interesting. There's not even a competition for a EL spot because the finalists are already in a European spot and Celta sit comfortably in 7th.

With a quarter of the season left there's nothing to play for really. A team would have to completely crash and burn for anything to change at the top. The only interesting bit is the relegation battle but I don't want to go too much into that right now. I see about 5 teams there considering Las Palmas good form but despite Deportivo having a better defensive and attacking record than all the teams below them their form is really poor and they could get sucked into the battle. Game to watch out for this weekend is Granada vs Bebe and Manucho.

prarek

Is there a tiny chance that Barcelona won't win the title? They need to lose 3 games and Atlético need to win the rest. 2 losses and 2 draws or 1 loss and 3 draws could also do it. Basically if they don't lose the next 2 it's done because if Villarreal or Real won't take 3 points away from them then the other teams won't either. Rest of their games are against the bottom 11. 3 of their 4 away games are against the 17-19th worst home teams.

I don't know, I wouldn't waste 50 cents with a return of 10k against Barca winning the league. In fact I think the top 5 won't change spots at all. Sevilla are doomed to EL qualification spots, Real won't catch up to Atlético considering the fixture list and Villarreal are now too far behind Real to make the automatic qualification spot interesting. There's not even a competition for a EL spot because the finalists are already in a European spot and Celta sit comfortably in 7th.

With a quarter of the season left there's nothing to play for really. A team would have to completely crash and burn for anything to change at the top. The only interesting bit is the relegation battle but I don't want to go too much into that right now. I see about 5 teams there considering Las Palmas good form but despite Deportivo having a better defensive and attacking record than all the teams below them their form is really poor and they could get sucked into the battle. Game to watch out for this weekend is Granada vs Bebe and Manucho.
Bar a miracle Barca will win the league. 4th place is far from over. The gap between Villarreal and Sevilla is the same as between Leicester and Spurs. Only difference is Villarreal have lost a bit of steam with 2 losses in a row(could be 3rd loss against Barcelona) while Leicester don't look like slowing down. Athletic are also only 1 point behind Sevilla and in good form. Sevilla, Villarreal and Athletic are all in the mix for the 4th spot while Celta have an outside chance.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Atlético will keep the competitive level until the end , but Barcelona would have to link too many consecutive errors . In any case they are already in 12 consecutive victories, so sooner or later they have to slow down. As you say everything is decided.
For the relegation it seems that Granada and Las Palmas are catching some air while Getafe and Sporting sink .
Surely one of those teams will gets nervous and sack the coach. Abelardo could be the first.

Snow

Bar a miracle Barca will win the league. 4th place is far from over. The gap between Villarreal and Sevilla is the same as between Leicester and Spurs. Only difference is Villarreal have lost a bit of steam with 2 losses in a row(could be 3rd loss against Barcelona) while Leicester don't look like slowing down. Athletic are also only 1 point behind Sevilla and in good form. Sevilla, Villarreal and Athletic are all in the mix for the 4th spot while Celta have an outside chance.
I meant the place for 4th is over because in recent years Sevilla don't seem to make it.

Sevilla and Athletic have both yet to play each other in the league so that's 1 team that definitely won't gain points on Villarreal that round. They're also both still in the Europa League which will affect three of their 9 fixtures and 3 more for the one that goes through. Whichever it will be won't finish 4th I think. At that point they're 3 games away from qualifying straight to the CL group stage instead of competing with 2 other teams of getting to the qualifiers. Then there's also the psychological effect that the Sevilla players might go through in anticipation of the Copa del Rey final.

Basically Villarreal have most of the advantages on their side.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah Sky's highlights/recap shows etc of La Liga are abysmal now, I don't bother watching any of it. There was no need to revamp Revista.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Huge boost to Barcelona if Atlético slip up here. They've got the league wrapped up buy they can afford to rest players more now if the gap increases.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
That's that. Barcelona can field B teams for the rest of the season now, crucial loss.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Cavani is the perfect striker for a team like Atletico Madrid.

Griezmann can't do miracles each week.

Torres is finished.

Snow

Atlético's problem of scoring from open play is similar to ours this season. Defense can prevent you from losing games most of the times but if you don't score you don't win and Atlético have been relying too much on those 1-0 wins.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
May as well change the thread title to "Barcelona -- La Liga Champions 15/16".

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Atletico played midweek 120 mins, not surprised to see them lose.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Barca would have to lose four out of their next nine games, having lost only two all season.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Liga is wrapped up for Barca. Both Real and Atletico are out of the Copa so yeah, I think they have the Copa wrapped up too. That's basically almost a guaranteed double for Barca this season. A treble is lurking for them...

Winrar

Liga is wrapped up for Barca. Both Real and Atletico are out of the Copa so yeah, I think they have the Copa wrapped up too. That's basically almost a guaranteed double for Barca this season. A treble is lurking for them...
I would be more surprised if they don't do the treble for the second year in a row.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Don't jinx it! This could be a record breaking season, unseen in footballing history!!!!

Skorenzy

You do realize that Sevilla, unlike the two teams you mention, have actually beaten Barça this season. In fact their record so far reads:

FC Barcelona 5-4 (aet) Sevilla in the European Super Cup
Sevilla 2-1 FC Barcelona in La Liga
FC Barcelona 2-1 Sevilla in La Liga

All tight, close-fought affairs. Obviously Barça are huge favourites to win the Copa, but it's far from guaranteed.

prarek

Atletico played midweek 120 mins, not surprised to see them lose.
Yeah some of the players looked pretty tired. In the second half Sporting out worked and out fought Atletico they were struggling to cope with the home team.

Skorenzy

I just hope, that Gimenez is okay. Looked like a torn hamstring.
First Godín in midweek, now Giménez... there goes their defensive record and any chances of still competing for the title if Barça collect 3pts from El Madrigal, their CL prospects looking even worse too. Savic and Lucas Hernández will have to step up.

prarek

First Godín in midweek, now Giménez... there goes their defensive record and any chances of still competing for the title if Barça collect 3pts from El Madrigal, their CL prospects looking even worse too. Savic and Lucas Hernández will have to step up.
Savic is also injured mate.

Skorenzy

Savic is also injured mate.
Ouch. That means only one "senior" centre-back left in Lucas, right?... amazing. Perhaps he can stick Gámez or Juanfran in there centrally, or test whether Kranevitter's tag as the "new Mascherano" extendeds to the makeshift CB context as well. :D

Alternatively, he can use youth players, but I don't know whether he'll go for that now if none of them were already in the first team squad.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
If we manage to win tomorrow against Villarreal we should put our subs against Real, that would be a Drama for the LFP and all the view ratings but a deserved one

Aboutreika18

Ouch. That means only one "senior" centre-back left in Lucas, right?... amazing. Perhaps he can stick Gámez or Juanfran in there centrally, or test whether Kranevitter's tag as the "new Mascherano" extendeds to the makeshift CB context as well. :D

Alternatively, he can use youth players, but I don't know whether he'll go for that now if none of them were already in the first team squad.
Probably drop Saul back into defence, as he has done a couple of times this season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't think they'll win the CL. These days you always have to go through at least one if not two elite teams to win the competition and the margins can be slim. And they play Atletico in the quarters which is going to be tough. Madrid or Bayern this season IMO. Can see Pep getting the perfect send-off from Bayern.