La Liga - 2015/2016

Minkaro

As ridiculous as it sounds Bebe is one of the most underrated players in football. He is a decent player.
Had a shocking first game in English football, and that was enough for some people to give up on him forever.

I like him though.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Ramon Calderón is here and was asked a bit about Madrid.

"The point I think is that there is no clear idea what we need and what we have to do. In the last 4 years, many of the players for us has been here for more than 4 years and during that time they've seen 4 different coaches with different styles.

They're fantastic players. The problem is that the team perhaps has not got the proper leadership and that's why we have in the last 8 years only won 1 La Liga title. That is really poor result and and top of that it's true, we to admit that because we are people who like sports. Barcelona is doing quite well, they've managed to find three forwards that are difficult to find together in the history" (Think he means it's difficult to point at three forwards in any other team in history that have been as good)

"Yes we have Bale and Benzema and Ronaldo but let's say that they couldn't play together as much time as the Barcelona ones because we've had some absence and injuries. We're starting to change, we won 7-1 on Saturday which is fantastic result, Ronaldo scored 4 goals and he's been at the same level as he's been always. Let's see what happens with the Champions League. We consider the trophy to be a part of our history. We managed to help to create that competition. We've won 10, won more than any other club in this competition and I hope we manage to get to the final."

He came off as a top man which I found a bit surprising because of what I'm used to with Real Madrid presidents but that's probably Pérez' fault.

You can watch the whole interview here but the rest has to do with what he was doing in Iceland.
http://www.visir.is/calderon--real-madrid-er-stefnulaust-og-leidtogalaust/article/2016160309001

Match 29 | March 11-14

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Playing now (kicked off at 7:30 - all times UK)
Málaga V Sporting de Gijón

Saturday
Barcelona V Getafe 15:00
Celta de Vigo V Real Sociedad 17:15
Atl Madrid V Deportivo 19:30
Rayo Vallecano V Eibar 21:05

Sunday
Levante V Valencia 11:00
Sevilla V Villarreal 15:00
Ath Bilbao V Real Betis 17:15
Las Palmas V Real Madrid 19:30

Monday
Granada CF V Espanyol 19:30

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Mascherano suspended, Busquets rested which likely means rotation between the Catalan Sergi boys - Roberto & Samper

Skorenzy

Málaga beat Sporting 1-0 yesterday, which means they've now scored 28 (and conceded 28) goals in 29 games. Yet, still they're in 8th place, six points off the European places (assuming CdR finalists Barça, 1st, and Sevilla, 5th, won't drop out of them)... Further evidence of a successful trend that some teams seem to have found in keeping up with the offensive might of the Big Two in the form of solidity in defence (though it's a bit of "a balancing act") --

Atléti are 2nd after 28 games: 42 goals for, 12 against
Villarreal are 4th after 28 games: 33 goals for, 19 against (also very impressive in Europe so far, 2-1 on agg. v Napoli and 2-0 v Bayer Leverkusen in 1st leg)

Last season Málaga managed to keep a treble-bound Barça scoreless in both league games (0-0 draw at La Rosaleda and even a 1-0 win at Camp Nou); this time around they took pts from RM in both games (0-0 at Bernabéu & 1-1 at La Rosaleda) and fought Barça tooth and nail twice narrowly losing: 0-1 at Camp Nou & 1-2 at La Rosaleda. Unfortunately they don't have the offensive firepower of Atléti or organisation & transitions of the Yellow Submarine. Their position in the table is still somewhat impressive when you consider you'll usually find teams that score at less than a 1 gpg average near the bottom of said table.

The attacking exploits of the likes of Celta, Athletic, Sevilla and... Eibar (!) have brought them success to a certain extent, but they seem much less consistent because of it than the above mentioned two defensive colossuses.

Last edited:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The attacking exploits of the likes of Celta, Athletic, Sevilla and... Eibar (!) have brought them success to a certain extent, but they seem much less consistent because of it than the above mentioned two defensive colossuses.
Seeing Eibar in that list made me smile as well. I'm not sure whether they could do that without Borja Baston. He's an interesting one, he's been out on loan from Atletico for 5 years now. I wonder if they'll ever take him back (he's under contract until 2017). He's 23 now, so you'd think switching teams every season isn't much fun anymore.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Bravo; Aleix, Piqué, Mathieu, Alba; Sergi Roberto, Iniesta, Arda; Messi, Neymar and Munir.

So it's M'n'M today with Suarez on the bench, a yellow away from suspension. With next game against Villarreal and then the Real Madrid, can't risk it I guess. Good to rest him at least. Samper on the bench is good to see.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Messi slices the defence open but unlucky goal for Getafe to concede.

Needham

Two up in ten minutes. Multiplied by nine equals eighteen nil.
Edit. Not

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Did he stop practicing penalties or something? Used to be good at them earlier I think.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
You could see the struggle in his face, we may be the only team on this planet that fear getting a penalty with nothing on the line

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Was that intentional? Great goal if so. Looked like a scuff before I've seen the replay...

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Not sure if that's a penalty but probably for the best it's not given :lol:

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Christ that's a lovely goal. Standard for Barcelona but what a pass and finish. The weight of that pass...

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
what a fecking goal wowoooow.. brilliant build up play