La Liga - 2015/2016

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Yup, Ancelotti's Double winners (as you'd know), the highest-scoring team ever in the PL era, I believe.
Yeah. By one goal mind. 2013/14 has the next two highest with Man City and Liverpool.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Has to be incredibly demoralizing for opponents when Messi is in the run of form he's currently enjoying, effortless & absolutely unplayable

Skorenzy

Messi pissed that Munir and Suárez have been wasting his assists, so just decides to do it himself :lol:

Hammerfell

Does the crowd noise sound strangely muted on Spanish television or is it a Sky thing?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Messi heads and shoulders above anyone on the pitch.
Really is and he looks extremely relaxed while everyone looks on in awe - not just on the pitch or in the stadium but also watching from home. They'll be writing about Leo for generations to come but will they really be able to capture how much he captivates all of us. We're lucky to live in his era

Incidentally is your ID any relation to Hooj Choons?

Skorenzy

Messi has just exuded a measure of control over that 1st half in a tough away venue (similar to last season's displays at Ipurúa, San Mamés and the Etihad and at the Bernabéu in 2013/14) that is unrivaled by any attacking player since Maradona in my opinion...

Hojoon

Really is and he looks extremely relaxed while everyone looks on in awe - not just on the pitch or in the stadium but also watching from home. They'll be writing about Leo for generations to come but will they really be able to capture how much he captivates all of us. We're lucky to live in his era

Incidentally is your ID any relation to Hooj Choons?
I think you said it best earlier, he looks effortlessly under control over the whole match. It's at a difficult away ground and conditions as well.

I haven't got a clue who/what Hooj Choons is. A quick Google search says it's a house record label?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
If Simeone had been hired by the AFA, he'd have that elusive WC as well. When Messi is in this sort of form there's virtually no doubt about the result despite how the rest of the team have yet to hit their stride

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I think you said it best earlier, he looks effortlessly under control over the whole match. It's at a difficult away ground and conditions as well.

I haven't got a clue who/what Hooj Choons is. A quick Google search says it's a house record label?
Really looks effortless, reminds me of his play against City. Best part, he actually has another gear to his game he has yet to move to

Loved Hooj Choons, great name too

prarek

Godin is out with illness. Therefore 20 year old Lucas Hernandez will partner 21 year old Gimenez in defense.

FULL LINEUP-

Oblak - 23

Felipe - 30
Lucas - 20
Gimenez - 21
Juanfran - 31

Saul - 21
Kranevitter - 22
Gabi - 32
Koke - 24

Griezmann - 24
Vietto - 22

Only 3 players over the age of 24.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
True that I rarely watch it anymore so know nothing about players that play in it

I just hate how barca and real seem to spank everyone by ridiculous score lines week in week out thank god for athletico improving and making it s little more interesting
Like others have already said, that's not the case at all, but the most important thing to remember here: they'd spank most of the teams in the Premier League as well week in week out.

prarek

So far Valencia with most of possession but no penetration. Atletico have had two half chances attempted from Koke and Saul.

prarek

Great tackle by Saul on Feghouli inside the box. He was through.

Skorenzy

Nice daisycutter from Griezmann! The Diego Alves of last season probably saves that, but still a good goal.

gaucho_10

Reading through last few pages of this thread is just mental.

City win against Kiev was the first for a English team in CL knockout stages since April 2012.

Arsenal was supposed to be a title contender, Spurs also. Leicester will win the league and then go out in CL group stages next season and EPL will still be the best league in the world and all Spanish teams not called Real Madrid, Barcelona or Atletico Madrid will be considered shit. Just mental.

prarek

Nice daisycutter from Griezmann! The Diego Alves of last season probably saves that, but still a good goal.
I thought Alves should have done better although he seemed pretty stretched on replay. I don't think he's quite back to his best yet from the long lay off. Good shot though.

prarek

Great assist from Paco also. Just the right weight on the ball.

Skorenzy

Vietto with 2nd season syndrome, can't even get the ball on target anymore... Hope he can turn it around at Atléti.