La Liga - 2015/2016

Hojoon

Varane's progress has been disappointing. No assertiveness, injury prone, and now prone to brainfarts. He's still only 22 but hasn't really improved since his debut season four years ago.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Good first half. This ref isn't giving us anything though. Our disallowed goal should have stood and their penalty was a really cheap one. If he was consistent he should have given us one aswell for the shirt tug on Karim.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Based on this season Bale is in my top 10 in the world.
Hasn't played enough for that, too many injuries.

He's been one of Madrid's best players when fit this season though, much better performances than in 14/15.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
If we do lose ddg, I really hope Navas is still part of the deal

It would soften the blow big time

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Mathieu could be out for the rest of the season depending on how severe his injury is.

Not really a problem in terms of ability but he's useful cover for two positions so not great news.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
In terms of La Liga the clasico doesn't mean much this year - Real Madrid are 10 points behind. It might mean something psychologically to the teams for the CL. Real Madrid in particular desperately need some kind of confidence boost having been poor against good teams and poor away generally all season. I guess the international break and the CL QFs (Barca-Atletico on Tuesday, Wolfsburg-Real Madrid Wednesday) could affect the match, but probably not by much.

Random clasico stat of the day: The last Real Madrid manager to win his debut clasico was Schuster in 2007. Since then Juande Ramos, Pellegrini, Mourinho, Ancelotti and Benítez have all lost their first match against Barca.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Mathieu could be out for the rest of the season depending on how severe his injury is.

Not really a problem in terms of ability but he's useful cover for two positions so not great news.
As an inconsistent as he is, he's great cover at CB and for rotation purposes. Plus he can play LB, which may become a problem this next match with Alba being injured. Big blow to the bench, gotta pray that Vermaelen doesn't get injured and Bartra steps it up.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Some more random clasico stats:
Real Madrid have scored 99 times at the Camp Nou.
Messi has scored 499 goals (for Barca and Argentina) in his career, a goal on Saturday would also put him one ahead of Di Stefano to go top of the "most goals in clasico" table.
Bale has played 4 times against Barca, and has always been on the losing side.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Some more random clasico stats:
Real Madrid have scored 99 times at the Camp Nou.
Messi has scored 499 goals (for Barca and Argentina) in his career, a goal on Saturday would also put him one ahead of Di Stefano to go top of the "most goals in clasico" table.
Bale has played 4 times against Barca, and has always been on the losing side.
The Bartra goal? Stat must be league only.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don´t know what to think about this Clásico, on the one hand I think that Madrid can win it. As a matter of simple statistics, it is time for a positive result against them.
Madrid wants revenge after the 0-4 and there are players who want to vindicate themselves after so much criticism , especially James -who played great with Colombia- or Isco , plus another good opportunity for Zidane , after the disappointment against Atlético in the league.
But on the other hand this game is a tribute to Cruyff and as jojojo said, Messi can score his goal 500.
It could be that Madrid is brutally humiliated in a degrading spectacle with the cameras pointing Florentino and Zidane after 20 minutes :(

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
I don´t know what to think about this Clásico, on the one hand I think that Madrid can win it. As a matter of simple statistics, it is time for a positive result against them.
Madrid wants revenge after the 0-4 and there are players who want to vindicate themselves after so much criticism , especially James -who played great with Colombia- or Isco , plus another good opportunity for Zidane , after the disappointment against Atlético in the league.
But on the other hand this game is a tribute to Cruyff and as jojojo said, Messi can score his goal 500.
It could be that Madrid is brutally humiliated in a degrading spectacle with the cameras pointing Florentino and Zidane after 20 minutes :(
Zidane can't field a Kroos and Modric two-man midfield that's for sure.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Earlier this week, Casemiro, Kroos and Modric were pointed as the starting midfielders with the whole BBC at the front.

For me, the draw against Villareal could be a setback for Barcelona and their form in the last part of the season, 2 more points now would mean we could safely put a rotation squad in this clasico, lose, be 9 points ahead and face the game against atletico with our best 11. Now there's a reasonable doubt as to whether a 7 point lead is enough with 7 more games to play. Madrid will go to war this saturday trying to prove something so Barcelona will need to close the game in the first 30 minutes or it will come to haunt them against Atletico

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don´t know whether it is better Casemiro-Modric-Kroos or Casemiro-Modric-James / Isco .The issue is that the team does not break with 30 meters between BBC (who should help a lot in defence) and the midfield .

prarek

Saul puts Torres through the middle and he scores. Nice goal.

Correction: It was Koke's through ball not Saul.

Last edited:

Hojoon

Surprised to see Atletico play their best players available considering the midweek CL game and the league being pretty much over.