La Liga - 2015/2016

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
You just have to laugh, can't take a pen but scores that.

Barcelona's passing and movement in this half has been utterly superb. Then I remember our zombie football. :(

Supports
Barcelona
I said it before, please please give us for every penalty we get a FK instead, with a wall and everything.

I think the 10 we missed were 4 by Neymar, 4 for Messi and 2 for Suarez

Skorenzy

Did he stop practicing penalties or something? Used to be good at them earlier I think.
Messi's relationship with penalties is incredibly weird. Seems to miss them more often in lower pressure situations. Flawless in shoot-outs so far in his career, always going first for his team and at such stages as a Copa América Final and the World Cup semi-final...

Lurpak99

Buttered up
It most be so boring supporting Barcelona, I mean they win and play fantastic all the time, no worries at all, zero negativity, it's just great all the time. :boring:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Getafe get battered a lot don't they? I think Madrid have also had some crazy score lines against them.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Getafe get battered a lot don't they? I think Madrid have also had some crazy score lines against them.
They lost 6-0 at the Nou Camp last season and I think they conceded nine at Madrid with Ronaldo helping himself to five goals.

Edit: Turan with an overhead kick now. And it was Granada not Getafe in that Madrid game actually.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
It most be so boring supporting Barcelona, I mean they win and play fantastic all the time, no worries at all, zero negativity, it's just great all the time. :boring:
Well, you surely don't read any Spanish press, no matter how good we are there's always some personal/legal/political drama to hide what happens in the field, sometimes it's like an HBO show

Skorenzy

Last few seasons yeah, before that they were usually very solid. I fear for them, first time in years I feel they're in real danger of going down - they just don't have anything about themselves this season. A couple of talented youngsters in Velázquez, Emi and Moi Gómez, but otherwise no attacking threat, no defensive solidity, no cohesion whatsoever...

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I said it before, please please give us for every penalty we get a FK instead, with a wall and everything.

I think the 10 we missed were 4 by Neymar, 4 for Messi and 2 for Suarez
How are they not all practicing them like Beckham practicing free kicks?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I said a few weeks in this ago in this thread that la liga was a piss poor league because of the stupidly high scorelines and was shot down but come on....

Since then Barca have won 5-1, 4-0 and 6-0.

Real Madrid have also hit 7 in a match during that time too

How can anyone even try denying it. The teams are defeated before they even get to the stadium.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
I said a few weeks in this ago in this thread that la liga was a piss poor league because of the stupidly high scorelines and was shot down but come on....

How can anyone even try denying it. The teams are defeated before they even get to the stadium.
To be fair Barcelona (Messi especially) have been in sensational form the last couple of weeks. Last month Levante, Las Palmas and Sevilla put up respectable performances against them; Levante had the chances to win the game and only conceded the second goal in the last minute, the other two lost 2-1.

Madrid haven't played too many La Liga games recently but they did scrape past Granada thanks to a late Modric winner and they also drew 1-1 away at Malaga last month. They also lost at home to Atletico, though they're obviously recognised as a top team.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona

I don't think Norwich could do any better, but I have no way to prove it unless they somehow play Barca in CL.

cyberman

Head to head instead of goal difference ie a massive problem in Spain.
Why should the likes of Levante risk yellow cards / injuries / fatigue when 2 nil down after 20 mins in the Bernabeu?
See out the match and regroup.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Head to head instead of goal difference ie a massive problem in Spain.
Why should the likes of Levante risk yellow cards / injuries / fatigue when 2 nil down after 20 mins in the Bernabeu?
See out the match and regroup.
This could be another advantage that LFP/RFEF gives to the bigger teams that translates directly into their UCL performances

I mean, it's easier to go for head to head just against their rivals (2/4 matches) than fight each other every week trying to outscore for global difference. Imagine if Real and Barcelona were 3 points apart in the last 9 fixtures and they had to play teams from bottom of the table, that could be brutal for both minor teams and Real/Barça form in UCL final stages

Skorenzy

This could be another advantage that LFP/RFEF gives to the bigger teams that translates directly into their UCL performances

I mean, it's easier to go for head to head just against their rivals (2/4 matches) than fight each other every week trying to outscore for global difference. Imagine if Real and Barcelona were 3 points apart in the last 9 fixtures and they had to play teams from bottom of the table, that could be brutal for both minor teams and Real/Barça form in UCL final stages
Except, of course, for the fact that head-to-head has always existed as tie-breaker in La Liga from the day it was founded in 1929... It's also more logical than goal difference in my opinion, but that's a different discussion.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
MSN in 2016 (games - goals - assists):

Messi: 18 - 23 - 10
Suarez: 16 - 16 - 10
Neymar: 16 - 9 - 6

prarek

Atletico 2-0 up against Deportivo. Griezmann scores from a lovely setup by Koke.

Skorenzy

Atletico 2-0 up against Deportivo. Griezmann scores from a lovely setup by Koke.
Really awesome disguise on that reverse pass from Koke (who's not having his best season, but slowly seems to be recapturing his form) and a cool finish by Griezmann this time after he'd messed up that golden chance in the 1st half.

prarek

Really awesome disguise on that reverse pass from Koke (who's not having his best season, but slowly seems to be recapturing his form) and a cool finish by Griezmann this time after he'd messed up that golden chance in the 1st half.
I missed the first half unfortunately. But Saul looks to be having a good game defensively and offensively.

prarek

Correa! Great first touch and goal. Brilliant pass from Gabi as well.

Skorenzy

I missed the first half unfortunately. But Saul looks to be having a good game defensively and offensively.
Yeah he's been their most impressive midfielder this season by far. I'd not have him far off a top-5 placing for best MFs in La Liga this season. Best for me have been Bruno Soriano and Busquets; Banega and Beñat also very good. Hmm... I'm noticing a theme there.. :D

Great goal by Ángel Correa after being put thru by Gabi. 3-0, Atléti seem to have found some scoring rhythm at last.

prarek

Yeah he's been their most impressive midfielder this season by far. I'd not have him far off a top-5 placing for best MFs in La Liga this season. Best for me have been Bruno Soriano and Busquets; Banega and Beñat also very good. Hmm... I'm noticing a theme there.. :D

Great goal by Ángel Correa after being put thru by Gabi. 3-0, Atléti seem to have found some scoring rhythm at last.
Yup Busquets is probably at the top. Also is good to see Beñat doing so well after the start he got at Athletic Bilbao where he barely played. Saul's rise reminds me a bit of Koke's rise. Different players ofcourse. When Koke emerged he was amazing both defensively and offensively but since Costa left his end product has gone down and his offensive game has suffered. Don't know the reason for this but its easy to see his quality and vision he could make those passes all day long.

Edit: found some Koke-Costa gifs from their final season together. :(

Last edited:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Up until this month they'd won by 3 goals or more in 10 of their 26 games in La Liga. One of those games was a 4-0 win against Real Madrid. They followed that up with a 6-1 win against Roma in the CL 3 days later. It wouldn't be a great surprise if they do the same against Arsenal next week too. So they're a pretty good team outside of this piss poor league.

Up until this month City - the team currently scraping by in 4th place in the super competitive Premier League - had won by 3 goals or more in 9 of their 27 league games. Piss poor indeed.