La Liga - 2015/2016

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
I don´t like football so early, at 16:00. I like to go to the bar with friends and at that time people are sleeping or after lunch, zero football atmosphere. Anyway will be interesting, the first real test for Zidane, I wonder if he will bring some tactical solution against Simeone.
In second división there is a nice game Sunday morning, Leganés-Alavés. This season my favorite teams to come to Primera are Oviedo and Alavés. I have a good friend, fan of Oviedo and Farça and this year is more interested in Oviedo rather than first division. It´s a historical club that has had many problems lately although in the 90´s had a decent team, even with Prosinecki. Leganés and Alcorcón are other Getafes in my opinion, cities located near Madrid where most of the population supports Madrid or Atleti. Leganés biggest rival is Getafe, the cities are very very close. I think that Alcorcón has a bigger fan base. It´s a team that got their peak thanks to Copa del Rey, something like Numancia or Mirandés. On the other hand is a pity to see Zaragoza without options and Almería near 2B.
On sunday I will probably go to Riazor , is the "día del socio" so my friend gets 3 tickets for 15 euros. If you want to find me in the stands, I am the handsome guy in the stand opposite to Riazor Blues :D.
Well that's optimistic :yawn:

Zidane is "lucky" to lose Marcelo and Bale for this match, with that and Madrid fans almost giving up the league title he can get away with almost anything against Atletico, only a 0-4 or something like that would haunt him the rest of the year. Isco, James and Modric will play and Kroos is like 90% of making into the first team too, Benzema/Ronaldo up front, Pepe, Ramos, Carvajal at the back, it's just a matter of who will play as the LB, right?.

Also, what are your thoughts at what's happening with RM Castilla? Ramis took the lead and it's in a 7 win streak since he replaced Zidane, it would bother me that Ramis is doing a much better job than ZZ with the same players. And it's bothering me big time that this happens this year when my Racing de Ferrol could end up playing the promotion against Castilla while they're in a rampage :devil:

Regarding Barça, I'm not happy to play against Sevilla in such a clutch fixture, Barcelona could easily close the title this week if we were against other team, Sevilla has a poor record away this season but they always manage to complicate our life in the Camp Nou. Whoever wins the derbi would still have chances if Emery manage to snatch points, and if Madrid/Atletico win against their rival the same journey they cut Barcelona's lead the boost in morale could be hughe

prarek

Been a really good game between Las Palmas and Eibar but it's starting to rain heavily now. Should suit Eibar more.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Well that's optimistic :yawn:

Zidane is "lucky" to lose Marcelo and Bale for this match, with that and Madrid fans almost giving up the league title he can get away with almost anything against Atletico, only a 0-4 or something like that would haunt him the rest of the year. Isco, James and Modric will play and Kroos is like 90% of making into the first team too, Benzema/Ronaldo up front, Pepe, Ramos, Carvajal at the back, it's just a matter of who will play as the LB, right?.

Also, what are your thoughts at what's happening with RM Castilla? Ramis took the lead and it's in a 7 win streak since he replaced Zidane, it would bother me that Ramis is doing a much better job than ZZ with the same players. And it's bothering me big time that this happens this year when my Racing de Ferrol could end up playing the promotion against Castilla while they're in a rampage :devil:

Regarding Barça, I'm not happy to play against Sevilla in such a clutch fixture, Barcelona could easily close the title this week if we were against other team, Sevilla has a poor record away this season but they always manage to complicate our life in the Camp Nou. Whoever wins the derbi would still have chances if Emery manage to snatch points, and if Madrid/Atletico win against their rival the same journey they cut Barcelona's lead the boost in morale could be hughe
The truth is that I have also asked myself about the streak of Castilla with Ramis and the true qualities of Zidane , but as I tend to be very jealous of all , I prefer to focus on Zidane. Everything seems very mysterious about Zidane . He plays this team because he believes is the best or because it is the favorite team of Bernabeu and the president. Apparently his relationship with the players has started quite well , perhaps defending hierarchies in the locker room (which Benitez did not) but what happened with Casemiro? who was so important some months ago.
He wants Pogba because honestly believes is the best choice to fortify the midfield or because he is French or perhaps because is galáctico? , and the same with Hazard, He insists with him because he truly believes in his qualities or simply for some club policy ? will he give any chance to Odegaard and Mayoral ?.
At the moment the team looks very strong at home, for this tomorrow's game is interesting, regardless of the starting lineup. His style of offensive play using attacking midfielders is nice but will he have some solution when Atletico begins to dominate the midfield and paralyze the game?
Your Racing de Ferrol? :lol: why do you like?

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
What is with the Saturday 3pm kick-off for a Madrid derby?

Total bullshit. Untelevised in the UK.

Why can't we just go back to the days when Madrid and Barcelona would play consecutive games on a Sunday evening, every single week?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Hope Madrid batter Atletico. The latter plays a horrific brand of football and are the dirtiest team in Europe.

Boycott

It's always fun seeing Jeff Stelling exclaim about Fleetwood taking the lead against Doncaster seconds after reporting a goal at the Bernabeu

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
First real test? He's alw
What is with the Saturday 3pm kick-off for a Madrid derby?

Total bullshit. Untelevised in the UK.

Why can't we just go back to the days when Madrid and Barcelona would play consecutive games on a Sunday evening, every single week?
Why can't we move forward to the days of such a backwards blackout law being a thing of the past is a better question.

Don't see why La Liga should schedule their games to suit English fans, but agree with the frustration you have.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict

Why can't we move forward to the days of such a backwards blackout law being a thing of the past is a better question.

Don't see why La Liga should schedule their games to suit English fans, but agree with the frustration you have.
There's no chance the locals (many of whom will be sleeping at 3pm) like this arrangement either.

Big Spanish games should be played Sunday night, the later the better.

A Madrid derby in daylight just isn't right. By all means, if it's a Madrid home game against some minnow, stick it on then. Not the derby.

prarek

The first real test was Malaga for me. It's not that they are such a good team but they do have a good defense and can be difficult to score against. In the end Real Madrid were lucky to escape with a draw.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
The first real test was Malaga for me. It's not that they are such a good team but they do have a good defense and can be difficult to score against.
Ha, I had that line drafted then forgot to delete. Couldn't be bothered getting into an argument about Zidane's poor start.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
There's no chance the locals (many of whom will be sleeping at 3pm) like this arrangement either.

Big Spanish games should be played Sunday night, the later the better.

A Madrid derby in daylight just isn't right. By all means, if it's a Madrid home game against some minnow, stick it on then. Not the derby.
Fair enough, that's a better reason for not having big Spanish matches at 3pm than UK audiences (foreign audiences obviously are factored in by decision makers, I just don't think they should be).

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Sloppy beginning of the game. Atletico are very underwhelming offensively.

Tibs

Can somebody send me a link to a river or two please

I think the rule is in place so people go to matches or the pub to watch - no? Stupid rule tho

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Vietto really needs to improve next season so Torres doesn't have to start matches like this. So sloppy.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Can somebody send me a link to a river or two please

I think the rule is in place so people go to matches or the pub to watch - no? Stupid rule tho
Yeah it's believed that televised matches would have a negative effect on the attendances in stadiums - stupid, outdated rule though which has its origin in the fifties or sixties I believe.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Sloppy beginning of the game. Atletico are very underwhelming offensively.
Ye, they have a very defensive midfield. Will have to rely on counters/set pieces. Real need to be very patient switching from flank to flank quickly as Atletico are so tight.