La Liga - 2015/2016

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Atletico: Oblak - Filipe Luis, Gimenez, Godin, Juanfran - Gabi, Augusto, Saul, Koke - Antoine, Vietto.

pretty defensive lineup, but not the worst idea to be careful against Celta Vigo.

prarek

Celta Vigo had a good record against Atletico last season. 1 win and 1 draw.

prarek

Atletico: Oblak - Filipe Luis, Gimenez, Godin, Juanfran - Gabi, Augusto, Saul, Koke - Antoine, Vietto.

pretty defensive lineup, but not the worst idea to be careful against Celta Vigo.
I got confused for a while until i see the game. Thought Augusto was playing for Celta Vigo. :houllier:

prarek

Took a break at HT and missed the goal. Didn't realized the game had restarted. :(

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
That Griezmann goal is a beautiful piece of teamwork, incisive passing, quality movement and great vision.

Skorenzy

Celta are incredibly reliant on Nolito... their form has dropped remarkably since he got injured.

prarek

Celta are incredibly reliant on Nolito... their form has dropped remarkably since he got injured.
Seems like it. They also lost Augusto who was their engine in midfield. I think he is a very big loss.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Simeone doesn't play bad football. He plays amazing, quick and relentless counter attacking football built on an industrious, well drilled and aggressive defensive system with a lot of pressing.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Pepe Mel has been fired. When I read the news I thought of Van der Vaart . Has he done something this season?

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
I have a question for the la Liga experts, how good is Valencia's Mustafi? Things like his passing range, technical ability, defensive IQ, etc. would be interesting. He never played in the Bundesliga so I have a hard time evaluating whether or not the rumours linking him with Bayern have any credibility.

prarek

I have a question for the la Liga experts, how good is Valencia's Mustafi? Things like his passing range, technical ability, defensive IQ, etc. would be interesting. He never played in the Bundesliga so I have a hard time evaluating whether or not the rumours linking him with Bayern have any credibility.
I really like Mustafi and am a big fan so much that i'd like to see him with the armband as i feel he is a better candidate for a leader than Parejo. But i don't understand why is he constantly linked with Bayern Munich, mabye because he is German but i don't think he is good enough for them atm, maybe in future who knows. He does not excel at any one thing like Otamendi(who is exceptionally good at timing tackles) but is fairly well rounded and improving in every area. He is very good in the air despite not being so tall, passing is ok, awareness is good he does make the occasional mistake. Have to say though that last season he organized the defense very well especially when the team went 3 cbs at times either starting or changed to mid game. The tactics allowed Otamendi to do what he does best, which is 'go after' his targets while Mustafi organised the line. As im sure now City fans are finding out that Otamendi likes to go hunting and is very very good at it but there has to be an organizer for what he leaves behind if he is to play the same role at City. From what i have seen Kompany also likes to play hero so we will see how well that partnership works. But there's no doubt that Mustafi gets better every season. He is 23 years old and has had close to 3 full seasons in Serie-A and La Liga, can't be that bad right?

Match 20: 16/18 Jan

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga this weekend.

Today (from the BBC so all times are UK)
  • Sevilla v Málaga 15:00
  • Celta de Vigo v Levante 17:15
  • Villarreal v Real Betis 19:30
  • Real Sociedad v Deportivo de La Coruña 21:05
Sun 17 Jan 2016 - Spanish La Liga
  • Valencia v Rayo Vallecano 11:00
  • Real Madrid v Sporting de Gijón 15:00
  • Getafe v Espanyol 17:15
  • Las Palmas v Atl Madrid 17:15
  • Barcelona v Ath Bilbao 19:30

Mon 18 Jan 2016 - Spanish La Liga

• Eibar v Granada CF 19:30