La Liga - 2015/2016

Cait Sith

Sevilla with their usual 2nd half assault. Always looking like a different team after half time.

van Persie

Sports are so unfair in general. Sevilla should be leading. Atletico is boring.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I really hope, that Simeone shifts towards a more positive line-up over the course of the season. F.Torres is a waste of space. It is cringe worthy, when he tries to dribble past the oppositions. He looks like a pub player. Jackson with a great goal. He needs to start.

Jagga7

I can't believe it took this long for someone to buy Jackson, he's been quality for years. We and Arsenal could have used him.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Raul Garcia to Athletic, a shame that he couldn't get the ovation in Calderón.Whistles(again) to Nuno in Valencia when he changed Negredo

prarek

Valencia looking for a winner. Went close several times. Agonizing.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Raul Garcia is such a massive signing for Athletic. One of the best Basque players available.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Atletico have a seriously good team, they're going to be tough feckers to beat in the CL.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Nowhere else to post it, a bit late to start a new thread. Regarding the Pique booing and Ramos's comments last night, this is what Pique said in his presser today.

On the Spain squad: My relationship with the Real Madrid players is fantastic, with Iker (Casillas) especially. He called me to congratulate me on the birth of my son and I thanked him, but said I hope he let in four (goals). The dressing room of the national team is better than ever. No worries - but the people want to complicate everything.

Not sorry: I'm going to do everything I can to overcome this, but the people are free. But I'm not sorry for anything, I would do this one and a thousand times because I am like this. I want Madrid to lose, always, and this is the rivalry that always exists in Spain. I'm not going to ask for forgiveness.

Staying calm: I'm not worried about the whistles, I'm more worried for my team-mates and the coach (Del Bosque) because I know he doesn't like all of this. If I go here it's for the national team, because we have to keep going to try and win titles.

On Ramos: With Sergio Ramos I have the best relationship since I debuted with the national team. We have spoken about many things nad he came out to defend me after the game, and in the mixed zone you say anything, because you go quickly. I feel very comfortable with him and playing with him in the defence.

Commitment: I have always had maximum commitment to the Spanish national team. Regarding the rivalry between Barcelona and Madrid, I am like this and I will not change.

Picking mushrooms: I feel very well. The sporting sensations are good and I am very positive. I am a happy man and yesterday I went to look for mushrooms. I filled three baskets and it rained so there will be more. I am a happy man and I hope to play against Atletico Madrid.

Picking mushrooms: I feel very well. The sporting sensations are good and I am very positive. I am a happy man and yesterday I went to look for mushrooms. I filled three baskets and it rained so there will be more.
Awesome :)

Matchday 3: 11/14 Sept - incl Atletico V Barca and congrats to the Messis

prarek

Nzonzi scores his first goal for Sevilla. He needed that after a nightmare debut.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Arriving late and with not much time to chat. But here it is, La Liga this weekend.

FRIDAY
Levante 1 - 1 Sevilla (FT)

SAT 12 SEP 2015 - SPANISH LA LIGA (from the BBC so all times are UK)
Espanyol v Real Madrid 15:00
Atletico Madrid v Barcelona 19:30
Sporting de Gijón v Valencia 17:15
Real Betis v Real Sociedad 21:00

SUN 13 SEP 2015 - SPANISH LA LIGA
Granada CF v Villarreal 11:00
Ath Bilbao v Getafe 15:00
Celta de vigo v Las Palmas 17:15
Málaga v Eibar 19:30

MON 14 SEP 2015 - SPANISH LA LIGA
Rayo Vallecano v Deportivo de La Coruña 19:30

With the CL restarting Saturday's a busy day in La Liga.

Obviously the big match is Atletico Vs Barca. Atletico look like they are at full strength. Pique is still suspended. Alves is injured. Bravo is out for 3 weeks, so Ter Stegen will be in goal.

Messi missed training today because his wife was giving birth to his second son, Mateo. He is expected to travel to Madrid with the team tomorrow.

Incidentally, Ronaldo has scored once in his last 9 games. Danilo and James are injured. Espanyol seldom make it easy at home. 3pm KO as well so a nice warm up game.

Last edited:

gingerless

Nowhere else to post it, a bit late to start a new thread. Regarding the Pique booing and Ramos's comments last night, this is what Pique said in his presser today.
not been following what all the booing is about, but it seems pretty stupid to boo a player representing your NT when he gives his all and isn't even doing bad form wise.

should be a fun weekend at the liga. atleti-barca is always a good spectacle, can't wait to see more of messi, the man makes watching football feel like an event to mark on your calendar. pique out isn't too much of a concern as vermaelan has been very surprisingly having an awesome debut. ter stegen/ bravo are more or less equal in my eyes although I prefer bravo it's not a big change. alves out is a worry as even though Sergio Roberto's been playing well in his place I'm not too sure about his defending ability especially with atletico.

I'm happy with the way other teams in the liga have been improving their squads, sevilla especially look to have made solid signings. hoping for wins from villarreal, bilbao and a loss for real Madrid ;)

Reactions: jojojo