La Liga - 2015/2016

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Suarez should take over. Unfortuately Neymar looks even worse during his penalty run-up. Just don't feel confident on both of them for penalties.
Even Iniesta looks a better penalty taker and he usually shows very little composure in front of goal from open play

thejtrain

What makes him take pens like that? The fear of seeing them getting saved by the GKs?

The miss against Chelsea must have really affected his way of taking them from then on.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's ridiculous that is a normal Lionel Messi goal. If another player did that we'd be saying what a great goal. This guy does stuff like that in a normal basis. Unreal olayer.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
What are the chances that someone in these forums will have a better penalty record than Messi had he taken those?

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Second fiddle? Wee shite Neymar gets clear cut opportunities in every game and far better service than he ever gives back.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Bravo has been excellent for them in recent times. I read somewhere that Ter Stegen is being set up as the long term first choice but Bravo is just 32 so I'm not sure he'll let go easly.
Yeah, I think ter Stegen's distribution is miles ahead of Bravo, and a few outfield players as well tbf to him :lol: but Bravo does seem a bit more solid, less risky.

I don't think either of them are top end goalkeepers though. Not that there are many doing the rounds at the moment tbf. Suppose ter Stegen has the potential and as you mentioned, Bravo is more of a solid citizen.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
that's not true is it? he scores more for brazil and bailed out barça many times
Not sure it's an issue at Barca tbf.

That front trio genuinely looks delighted for the other whenever they score. There's obviously healthy competition, but they regularly supply each other dozens of times - Messi supplying Neymar and Suarez more than the other way around, IMO.

Sometimes i do think Neymar should shoot a bit more though.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
that's not true is it? he scores more for brazil and bailed out barça many times
It is. Number of times he's done naff all only to take the final pass and score is significant.

Don't let your dislike of Messi cloud your judgement by the way. All of his CL semi final and final goals were straight forward finishes off the back of good work from his strike partners, something he never returned in any of those games.

His Brazil record will be inflated by all those dross they play in friendlies too

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
It is. Number of times he's done naff all only to take the final pass and score is significant.

Don't let your dislike of Messi cloud your judgement by the way. All of his CL semi final and final goals were straight forward finishes off the back of good work from his strike partners, something he never returned in any of those games.

His Brazil record will be inflated by all those dross they play in friendlies too
How do I dislike Messi? I'm just saying, if Messi gifted all Neymar goals on a platter, how come no other player in last 10 or 15 years in Barça reached 40 goals beside Messi? Henry, Ibra, Villa, Pedro, Suarez couldn't do it, Neymar did.. You are the one hating m8

fontaine

I think every one of MSN benefits from eachother. Lets remember before Suarez and Neymar paired up, Barça were in shambles getting shafted 7-0 by Bayern.. Maybe those Messi through balls are only possible due to Neymar and Suarez being elite at running through defenses, best in world at it

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
I think every one of MSN benefits from eachother. Lets remember before Suarez and Neymar paired up, Barça were in shambles getting shafted 7-0 by Bayern.. Maybe those Messi through balls are only possible due to Neymar and Suarez being elite at running through defenses, best in world at it
He's better than them both maybe?

Also when they were getting shafted 7-0 by bayern Messi was playing injured and didn't even get off the bench in the second game. No doubt Suarez and Neymar are a giant leap up from Pedro and Sanchez and the like though

fontaine

He's better than them both maybe?

Also when they were getting shafted 7-0 by bayern Messi was playing injured and didn't even get off the bench in the second game. No doubt Suarez and Neymar are a giant leap up from Pedro and Sanchez and the like though
he's better, cristiano is also better than james and bale. but people give him crap for not allowing them to shoot free kicks, i was just pointing out neymar could have shot the free kick or the penalty, which were fouls on him anyways.. and maybe pass more to sandro and munir and not just messi

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
he's better, cristiano is also better than james and bale. but people give him crap for not allowing them to shoot free kicks, i was just pointing out neymar could have shot the free kick or the penalty, which were fouls on him anyways.. and maybe pass more to sandro and munir and not just messi
No argument there I don't think Messi should be anywhere near penalties, his record is pathetic

MoneyMay

Surely he's doing it deliberately? It's unbelievable Messi can strike a ball that bad, be it from 12 yards or 1200 yards. Really strange.
Always find it slightly amusing that Messi finds it simple to make those outstanding over the top through balls to his team mates, yet he finds it difficult to score from the penalty spot. Which is further emphasised by him changing his penalty style.

Match 5: 22/24 Sept - Madrid, Celta, Villareal go top - Sevilla bottom

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Full midweek program already underway.

Tonight (from the BBC so all times are UK):
Atl Madrid 1 - 0 Getafe HT
Espanyol 1 - 0 Valencia HT
Granada CF v Real Sociedad 21:00

Wed 23 Sep 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Celta de Vigo v Barcelona 19:00
Levante v Eibar 19:00
Rayo Vallecano v Sporting de Gijón 19:00
Ath Bilbao v Real Madrid 20:00
Las Palmas v Sevilla 21:00
Málaga v Villarreal 21:00

Thu 24 Sep 2015 - Spanish La Liga
Real Betis v Deportivo de La Coruña 21:05

The standout, of course, is tomorrow night's Athletic Vs Real Madrid.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Valencia losing to Espanyol and lucky to be down by only 1 goal.
This will probably signal the end of Mendes influence when Nuno gets sacked. Some Mendes players like Aderlan have no ability to play in La Liga. He barely cut it in our league. Feel bad for Valência supporters.

prarek

This will probably signal the end of Mendes influence when Nuno gets sacked
That would be good but i doubt it. It might prompt Lim to look for players outside of Mendes though.

prarek

Espanyol all over Valencia. Two fantastic saves from third choice keeper Jaume keeps Valencia in the game.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Espanyol all over Valencia. Two fantastic saves from third choice keeper Jaume keeps Valencia in the game.
That Valência defence is atrocious. They really miss Otamendi. Even Ruben Vezo is better than Aderlan. Also Enzo Perez hasn't been able to achieve the level he displayed under Jorge Jesus guidance. Looks like a completely different and vulgar player.

prarek

That Valência defence is atrocious. They really miss Otamendi. Even Ruben Vezo is better than Aderlan. Also Enzo Perez hasn't been able to achieve the level he displayed under Jorge Jesus guidance. Looks like a completely different and vulgar player.
Yeah plenty of players like Perez, Rodrigo, De Paul , Feghoulli etc are just too inconsistent although Feghoulli has had a good start to the season. Aderlan is third choice though as Mustafi has been rested. I think the centre defense is fine with Mustafi and Abdennour but the overall defensive unit(or just the entire team for that matter) seems too naive and inexperienced.

prarek

Yet another disappointing performance from Valencia. 1 win in 5 games and that one win was also a mighty struggle. Too many players bought on potential.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yet another disappointing performance from Valencia. 1 win in 5 games and that one win was also a mighty struggle. Too many players bought on potential.
Don't think Nuno will hold much longer. Read on Valência spanish forum the supporters really want him out.

Nice assist by Jackson Martinez on the second Atlético goal

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Awful mistake from Granada.

Moyes' team is 2-0 up, he looks to have survived another week..

drdoityourself

Both teams' base color is white, really hard to watch this game illegally on streams. Only differance is the blue shorts of Granada. This could be the answer to streaming online, make the difference between the teams so small you can only see it in HD.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A couple of good games tonight, seeing as Celta is playing I wouldn´t rule out a surprise in Vigo. Madrid has a difficult game too with Raúl García and Aduriz as the fashion couple these weeks. Marca writes that Morata is going to renew with Juve.I don't know if the release clause will still be valid.Every day I am more convinced that we should bring him back although in the beginning I thought he was Morientes II. As wrote some days ago that Florentino is saying to the press in private conversations that Griezmann is madridista(some conversation with Varane/Karim and an interview in Cope) http://as.com/m/futbol/2015/09/19/mas_futbol/1442699321_646276.html :devil: :drool:

Skorenzy

Celta completely dominating the opening 10 minutes. Nolito and Augusto Fernández on fire.